Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ademola Lookman signs on loan

39 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Interesting to read what some Fulham fans thought

https://mobile.twitter.com/FilbertStBlues/status/1432772484927983616

Sounds a bit like our Harvey, until our coaching staff worked on his finishing and end product. Now look at him!   

I think we will get the best out of this guy! 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Have to say i'm not really that excited by this. But I do have a gut feeling that he will be a bit of a bright spark and come good under BR. Question is though can he play on the right? as far as I saw he was a Left Winger, Has he played RW anywhere?

Would like to hear more about the option to buy. Could be quite cheap. 

he scored from the RW position if that helps

• Like 1

He seems like a good egg, and has had plenty of good things said about him as he was coming up through the ranks. Not sure why Leipzig didn't work out for him, but if Ragnick saw something in him, and Steve Walsh before that, there's certainly a player in there.

I really hope he's been brought in to play on the right, and as back up to Barnes only when necessary. But not overly hopeful, considering he's played most of his career on the left.

Looked like he had loads of potential before he joined Everton but it didn't work out for him there but to be fair, there have been loads of players that it hasn't worked out for at Everton and alot of that is down to the club just not being run very well. Constantly changing managers and spent alot of money on some dodgy signings like Iwobi, Gylfi and James (wages) plus many others. RBL are a good side and he clearly struggled to make an impact there but he looked really good at Fulham last season. Hopefully he gets given a decent chance but there is little risk with it only being a loan. Once we get our injured players back we have a good squad. 

3 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

And Ricardo on the overlap, They should tear defenders to pieces.

....if he plays on the right, Barnes needs to get into the box more to get on the end of things!!!

Not something he is used to as he had a tendency to be on his heels in the last game, and as there were no real pace on the right wing previously, with the ability to stretch defences, he needs to be aware of where he should be, in order to capitalise at the back post.

Bloody brilliant signing for me, can’t see why anyone is being negative around this. Playing in a poor Fulham side last season he created more big chances than anyone in our team.

We have better finishers that Fulham had - My money is on 10+ assists + 5 goals this season, which would be better than anyone since Mahrez left. 
He can be a genuinely exciting player and under Rodgers I would expect him to get better and better.

Just needs convincing not to take the Nigeria call up, though with Kel and Wilf in his ear it could be tough. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Bloody brilliant signing for me, can’t see why anyone is being negative around this. Playing in a poor Fulham side last season he created more big chances than anyone in our team.

We have better finishers that Fulham had - My money is on 10+ assists + 5 goals this season, which would be better than anyone since Mahrez left. 
He can be a genuinely exciting player and under Rodgers I would expect him to get better and better.

Just needs convincing not to take the Nigeria call up, though with Kel and Wilf in his ear it could be tough. 

That's a rather bold prediction. I'd snap your hand off for that kind of output!

He's got the potential to do really well with us. I hope BR has a plan in place on how to use him most effectively. I just want to see subs happen more quickly in games when its not panning out for whatever reason. We have Daka, Soumare and now Lookman. Putting these guys on in the 2nd half of a game when the opposition has us nullified should strike fear. Rogers has to utilize these players instead of suffering with Perez and co. Can't wait to get JJ back too in the squad. Vardy has more competition now in the sprinting drills :P

6 hours ago, Golden Fox said:

All sounds promising, but anyone know why Leipzig are so keen to offload him?

They loaned him out last year and he couldn't do any more than prove himself at Premier League level, so why are they not giving him a chance? 

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

They don't really play with put and out wingers, play more of a 4-2-2-2 system if I recall, or is that Salzburg? Either way there's not been many wingers do well there. Even Forsberg is more of an ACM like Sabitzer and Olmo.

Doubt it had/has anything to do with formation rather just simply form. He played as a winger while initially on loan at Leipzig from Everton and had a very good loan season (5 goals in 11 appearances), which prompted Leipzig to buy him permanently. Unfortunately, once permanently signed, his form quickly went south (0 goals in 13 appearances) and he struggled thereafter to get into the Leipzig lineup.

Hopefully, same won't happen with us, and look forward to him being successful here.

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

People forget we wanted to keep Gray but he refused to sign a new deal.

We’ve been lacking in the wide forward positions so I’m glad we’ve got someone else in!

I’m praying he does well, we get him full time and then concentrate on getting another wide player in the future.

Smash it Lookman!!

I just don't get it.

We are getting rid of a young talented player (Praet) who plays for the Belgium National team

And

Replace him with the Everton reject and relegated (Lookman) who took one of the worst penalty shot in EPL history.

But hey, who gives a damn anyway we have a superstar Ayoze Perez to start in first XI next week (again)

A few things is just not feeling right with the club at the moment.

Edited by kiwiturk
  • Haha 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot
35 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

There are times when id very much agree with the above statement in the last 25 years but right now is REALLY not one of them.

45 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

I just don't get it.

We are getting rid of a young talented player (Praet) who plays for the Belgium National team

And

Replace him with the Everton reject and relegated (Lookman) who took one of the worst penalty shot in EPL history.

But hey, who gives a damn anyway we have a superstar Ayoze Perez to start in first XI next week (again)

We've found 1 of the 5.4%.....😂

20210901_075051.jpg

Edited by hejammy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1