Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ademola Lookman signs on loan

1 hour ago, kiwiturk said:

I just don't get it.

We are getting rid of a young talented player (Praet) who plays for the Belgium National team

And

Replace him with the Everton reject and relegated (Lookman) who took one of the worst penalty shot in EPL history.

But hey, who gives a damn anyway we have a superstar Ayoze Perez to start in first XI next week (again)

A few things is just not feeling right with the club at the moment.

Post of the year from this guy😂. I take it Lookman is fairly old then? 

34 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

People were asked to rate their owners on a scale of 1-10. The 94.6% rating just means that a handful of fans gave our owners nine rather than 10.

"Premier League fans were asked if they are happy to remain with their club's current owner" Unless you can show me otherwise (and I'll hold my hands up if you do) the question was posed as above. Yes or no. By your logic if 10,000 were asked to rank the owners out of 10 and and a "handful" said 9 then it would be much closer to 100%. Same goes for other clubs. 

Maybe the one you are referring to is this one:

https://www.themag.co.uk/2021/07/independent-survey-finds-which-premier-league-clubs-fans-have-most-and-least-hope-for-new-season-newcastle-united/

Edited by hejammy

I have always thought that players who are available for being loaned out are either, not  suitable for their parent club, or are just not good enough and a financial burden. 

With this in mind and whilst watching TV transfer deadline shows, lots of these players being loaned out on transfer day, are probably in the main, just rubbish.

13 hours ago, Line-X said:

He predominantly plays, suited to and is at his best on the left. It's the cover for Barnes that Brendan stated he was after. Pérez will still start on the right, unless Ricardo is played in a more advanced role in front of Castagne - which I suspect Brendan is interested in doing. Albrighton will continue as an impact substitution or cover. 

He played on the left, But he can also Play in the right....

So I See him Not just has Cover for Barnes. He will be released to play on the right....

One formation (Not Man.City I feel)... Could be...front-6...

Ndidi

Tielemans    Maddison

Lookman                   Barnes

Nacho/Vardy

7 minutes ago, Oldblueyes said:

I have always thought that players who are available for being loaned out are either, not  suitable for their parent club, or are just not good enough and a financial burden. 

With this in mind and whilst watching TV transfer deadline shows, lots of these players being loaned out on transfer day, are probably in the main, just rubbish.

Are you Top of your tree,or just a Rubbish Mr average..!!

I mean ffs Football aint just about the "greats",

If you have an inkling of football,you would know,quiet a few top players in the last 12+ years,have gone down the " loan" path...

29 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I’m referring to this one, in which the small print shows the question asked was, “What are your hopes for the ownership of your club?”

8AB094E9-E1B3-426D-9D71-BBF5E50717BC.jpeg

His point stands - it can't have been a 'handful' who didn't give them a 10, It might even mean most people (by a small margin) gave them something other than a 10*

(Mum's voice) it's still a very good score though isn't it Clappy?

I'm assuming there weren't many scores less than 9. First coffee in but not doing anything yet so 'maths' is dangerous territory and I reserve the right etc.

Edited by turtmcfly
caveat the caveat

6 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

He played on the left, But he can also Play in the right....

So I See him Not just has Cover for Barnes. He will be released to play on the right....

One formation (Not Man.City I feel)... Could be...front-6...

Ndidi

Tielemans    Maddison

Lookman                   Barnes

Nacho/Vardy

As I mentioned in another post - and touched upon in the one you replied to, this is entirely dependent upon how Brendan sets up at the back and in particular, how our current crisis in central defence pans out. We could well see Lookman on the right, but we would be playing him out of his best position and I really don't think you'll be seeing this any time soon. 

2 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

I just don't get it.

We are getting rid of a young talented player (Praet) who plays for the Belgium National team

And

Replace him with the Everton reject and relegated (Lookman) who took one of the worst penalty shot in EPL history.

But hey, who gives a damn anyway we have a superstar Ayoze Perez to start in first XI next week (again)

All depends how you word it doesn’t it, I mean you could say we’ve got rid of a player who Brendan doesn’t value, who has barely played a game in the last 2 years and brought in a England Youth World Cup winner, who created more big chances than any player in our squad last season, whilst playing in a far inferior team.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

I just don't get it.

And

You sound like a rich 6 fan.

15 hours ago, TheStig said:

Interesting. The club is attending to strengthening the area we have all been pointing out was needed. Good signing. Now f..... well use him Rodgers

Hopefully he plays a few games and more than Dyer did for us under Ranieri. I think he is decent so starting in the Europa League and @Millwall comes to mind. Brendan sounds quite keen so I hope he is more than just bench occupying material. 

42 minutes ago, Oldblueyes said:

Maybe they’re not suitable for their parent club. Just a thougnt that popped into my head from who knows where.

This is really good business imo. Lookman was great whenever I watched Fulham play and he was also praised on MOTD a few times which is no metric of anything but does suggest he's above average. Barnes on the Left, Lookman on the Right could be tasty and makes our midfield much more balanced.

Everybody is for sale for the right money so if he performs as we hope the club can still buy him, if he turns out to be another Under (I don't think he will) then he can go back to his parent club. It's all down to Lookman grasping the opportunity and BR giving him the opportunity. Hopefully he'll get slotted in really quickly as he's already used to the PL. 

11 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

Good back up for Barnes.

Barnes/Lookman on the left

Perez/Albrighton on the right

:ph34r:

Hang on nobody was expecting this to solve our RW issue were they? :ermm:

I think many of us are disappointed that our RW problem has not been addressed but it's smart to get cover for Barnes.  His injury was the one that hurt us most last season resulting in formation change.  At least it means we can maintain our preferred formation and it looks as though we have gone for squad depth this year rather than any marquee signings.

As an aside, judging by our performances against Villareal and Man City and then our performances since, I think the Fofoana injury has really knocked our confidence.  I know it has for me.

• Like 1