Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ademola Lookman signs on loan

31 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Didn't Barnes used to sometimes appear on the right and scored a few goals cutting in? Seem to remember a few goals on loan like this.

Could we see Barnes and Lookman swapping positions during games back and forth? 

This was my thought too. They can both "do a job" on the right but them switching around could prove quite effective, especially if Ricardo occupies the wing more and it allows them to drift into the box. 

He's got to be worth a loan surely? Moments of brilliance amongst periods of inconsistency but in fairness, couldn't you read the same about many younger players including Barnes, Iheanacho, Chilwell, Thomas and Soyuncu?

We can't afford the ready made but whilst I may wonder at times regarding Rodgers occasional tactical decisions,  I do think that if this lad is going to make anything of himself, he's in the right camp to do it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daz93 said:

This was my thought too. They can both "do a job" on the right but them switching around could prove quite effective, especially if Ricardo occupies the wing more and it allows them to drift into the box. 

Except I've hardly ever seen Rodgers do this apart from occasionally using Maddison wider and Barnes through the middle. It was something that frustrated me with Ranieri in season two as well. Having Albrighton & Mahrez cutting worked great winning the title but after 12 months every side had worked out how to stop it. The first thing Shakespeare  did was let the wide men switch over during the game and give the defenders something else to think about.

5 hours ago, Oldblueyes said:

I have always thought that players who are available for being loaned out are either, not  suitable for their parent club, or are just not good enough and a financial burden. 

With this in mind and whilst watching TV transfer deadline shows, lots of these players being loaned out on transfer day, are probably in the main, just rubbish.

Lingard says hi. Tielemans feels sadly rejected. I guess "in the main" is doing a lot of work for you. 

39 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Except I've hardly ever seen Rodgers do this apart from occasionally using Maddison wider and Barnes through the middle. It was something that frustrated me with Ranieri in season two as well. Having Albrighton & Mahrez cutting worked great winning the title but after 12 months every side had worked out how to stop it. The first thing Shakespeare  did was let the wide men switch over during the game and give the defenders something else to think about.

That has to be something in Rodger's mind though right? Having those kinds of attacking wide players switch is a pretty common tactic with teams like ManC. I have no idea how Daka will fit in but I'd love to see if he'd operate in a three with Barnes and Lookman where they all had free roles that switched around. We feel very static in our movement at the moment so I have to presume this isn't the plan but for the hate Perez gets he could also do a job in that kind of role. Not entirely sure where Nacho or Vards fits in though lol. 

Two words sum him up to date. Unfulfilled potential.

He's got undoubted talent but he's been to quite a few clubs and never really developed. I do think this is a bit of a gamble. If we are the right place for him he will do well but I'd say it could go either way.

Hope he does well for us obviously but not sure how much he will actually play. I can't see him playing instead of Barnes and hardly think it likely both he and Barnes will play at the same time. Good back up player.

7 hours ago, Line-X said:

As I mentioned in another post - and touched upon in the one you replied to, this is entirely dependent upon how Brendan sets up at the back and in particular, how our current crisis in central defence pans out. We could well see Lookman on the right, but we would be playing him out of his best position and I really don't think you'll be seeing this any time soon. 

Oh...I was just playing around with selection Not that I fall either side...Brendan  will call it & I am more than  Happy to follow our Irish friend...

5 minutes ago, Dandy king said:

I think this may well turn out to be a really good signing. Isn't he only 20 ? A young English lad that's already played alot of prem games and did look good last year. Could develop well with us. Looks like a proper Leicester style signing to me 

Sadly not. 24 next month

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dandy king said:

I think this may well turn out to be a really good signing. Isn't he only 20 ? A young English lad that's already played alot of prem games and did look good last year. Could develop well with us. Looks like a proper Leicester style signing to me 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, reynard said:

Two words sum him up to date. Unfulfilled potential.

He's got undoubted talent but he's been to quite a few clubs and never really developed. I do think this is a bit of a gamble. If we are the right place for him he will do well but I'd say it could go either way.

Hope he does well for us obviously but not sure how much he will actually play. I can't see him playing instead of Barnes and hardly think it likely both he and Barnes will play at the same time. Good back up player.

....there is an opportunity to play him against Man. City but he would be coming off the bench!!!

The fact that Perez is not eligible would mean Rodgers will turn to Albrighton to support and attempt to find Vardy over the top, as his main aim.

Kasper

Ricardo    Amartey   Soyuncu   Vestergaard     Bertrand   

Albrighton        Ndidi           Tielemans      Barnes

Vardy

Barnes not getting the full 90 minutes may be an opportunity to also use Lookman.

7 hours ago, Collymore said:

Didn't Barnes used to sometimes appear on the right and scored a few goals cutting in? Seem to remember a few goals on loan like this.

Could we see Barnes and Lookman swapping positions during games back and forth? 

Well Spotted & well remembered.

Albrighton & Mahrez, then These  few years. Gray/Barnes/Albrighton according to selection, often swapped...Still so the last 2.

The flexability is Not lacking in the squad, but often individual observers on this Expert forum...:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, happy85 said:

very strange option price not been revealed  

Not really.

Even for permanent deals, the majority are - officially - 'undisclosed', and any figures are just the media's best guesses (look at the variation in fees that were bandied about for Perez and Tielemans). For an option which probably has some sort of complexity to its structure it's no surprise that any specifics haven't been announced publicly.

10 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Are you Top of your tree,or just a Rubbish Mr average..!!

I mean ffs Football aint just about the "greats",

If you have an inkling of football,you would know,quiet a few top players in the last 12+ years,have gone down the " loan" path...

All I am saying we sell/loan out players that we don't want and loan in/buy players that somebody else does not want, it just makes the world go around on deadline day.

Edited by Oldblueyes
Added loan to text

7 minutes ago, Oldblueyes said:

All I am saying we sell players that we don't want and buy players that somebody else does not want, it just makes the world go around on deadline day.

We didnt want Harry Kane...not even Lingard

But Nobody wanted Castagna,Tielemans, Soumara, Daka...Cos We got 'em..

sorry just being facetious & obstroculous, 

But never obstrepuous.....I've done out of ous...But others who Dont know me & are cruel would say obnoxious