Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Youri Tielemans (Summer 2022)

15 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Much rather him go abroad, hopefully he signs that new deal soon so we can get as much as possible

Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Man Utd clubs named by Fabrizio

yeah i think we all expect Youri to go to be fair.

if we get a huge amount of money for him we can re invest as usual and also will be great to show other young world class players that we are a club that can really get you to the next level especially with our world class facilities.

^ I think this model is what we hope will keep us hovering around the top 6 (and higher) for many years.

Edited by les-tah

Wouldn’t be surprised if he signed a new deal anyway, to bump his pay this season, then left next season regardless. Ideal situation for me would be a new contract with clause to accept bids above certain level from overseas CL clubs. 

But realistically can see him going to United sadly. 

It would also not be a huge shock to me if he signed a new deal to stay here long term and is looking for even more money on that deal before he signs it. Possibly optimistic, but assuming all of the unquestioned reports about how happy is he and his family are in Leicester aren’t total shite, I don’t think it’s out of the question as a possibility. 

His initial deal not being 5yrs and this delay in signing now suggests otherwise though. Interesting that he is his agencies only major player though, it’s possible they see him as a golden goose. They don’t have any other players close to his level. 

95F702C4-1202-4C94-9BEC-CBFF474C196D.png

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

His initial deal not being 5yrs and this delay in signing now suggests otherwise though. Interesting that he is his agencies only major player though, it’s possible they see him as a golden goose. They don’t have any other players close to his level. 

The evidence was there from the beginning……. His route is planned by him and his agent ……… you would expect him to take a hit on salary this year to get ten times that hit back in a s/o fee next summer ….

we can however hope that he has been intoxicated by the club and its atmosphere ……….

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

What exactly has been said? I couldn’t see it online.

Romano says Barca, Real and United are interested in him next summer. Think it was also suggested he almost left this summer, haven’t watched the full thing myself. 

44 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Man U will pay the money, the other two will toss about. Pogba goes and they get a good replacement at good value. 

As much as i'd hate to see him going to Man Utd, this is the move i can see happening, with Mino Raiola looking to cash in on the agent fees by getting Pogba a move to somewhere like Madrid next summer on a free. Can't see him signing a new contract at Man Utd meaning they will be in the market for a replacement :(

5 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

It would also not be a huge shock to me if he signed a new deal to stay here long term and is looking for even more money on that deal before he signs it. Possibly optimistic, but assuming all of the unquestioned reports about how happy is he and his family are in Leicester aren’t total shite, I don’t think it’s out of the question as a possibility. 

95F702C4-1202-4C94-9BEC-CBFF474C196D.png

....very much seems he sees his future at this club, the United scenario was there before previously, and yet he chose Leicester!!!

I feel we are just right for him, everything is there for him to compete for trophies and he has the opportunity to orchestrate it.

I wouldn't be so sure that he wants to leave us. He and his family are happy hear and that's important to him. Also less pressure than at a Club like Utd.

I'm not sure we should be helping Utd get stronger unless it's for serious money.

What I'd like to see happen is to sell Maddison and buy Lingard as a replacement, and any money left over, use it to pay Youri a decent Salary.

Though my preferred choice is for incentivized contracts for Clubs like us, say a 5 mil bonus at the end of the 5 year contract. based around Appearances, Wins, Points etc.

I don't see any club paying the fee we as fans would want. £50m tops for a player with 1 year left, but maybe less. 

He is a fantastic player but I don't think he improves any of the teams he's been linked with. Maybe I'm just being bitter in anticipation 🤔 😕