Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Youri Tielemans (Summer 2022)

7 minutes ago, sdb said:

I don't see any club paying the fee we as fans would want. £50m tops for a player with 1 year left, but maybe less. 

He is a fantastic player but I don't think he improves any of the teams he's been linked with. Maybe I'm just being bitter in anticipation 🤔 😕 

An ageing Ings just moved for ~£30m with one year left. We will still get an okay fee, particularly if there are multiple clubs interested. I suspect he will sign a new deal regardless, with a CL clause, and leave if we don’t get CL. 

It would sour his legacy a little bit for me if he let his contract run down, meaning we get a reduced fee and are unable to adequately improve the squad after he goes. It shows a lack of respect for the club, and I don’t think that’s an accurate description of Youri tbh. 

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

An ageing Ings just moved for ~£30m with one year left. We will still get an okay fee, particularly if there are multiple clubs interested. I suspect he will sign a new deal regardless, with a CL clause, and leave if we don’t get CL. 

It would sour his legacy a little bit for me if he let his contract run down, meaning we get a reduced fee and are unable to adequately improve the squad after he goes. It shows a lack of respect for the club, and I don’t think that’s an accurate description of Youri tbh. 

Seems as though his agent is very keen for him to go to a 'Big Club' and maximise his own earnings. 

It would be great if Youri signed a new deal that was good for him and the club - we did sign him when he was at a low ebb after all and help resurrect his career. 

His legacy with us however, is assured. 

10 hours ago, tickler28 said:

I love Youri....mainly for scoring the winner in the FA Cup final but I don't personally think he's a world beater. Plenty of times he's gone missing in matches and if I'm honest I think we are his level. This to me could be another Van de Beek situation.....grass isn't always greener Mr Tielemans.....you may have a sexy name but in my mind you still have a lot to prove......controversial comment finished.....dons tin hat

Arguably there are a lot of other players playing at lowlier clubs than ourselves that should be moving on soon....Kalvin Phillips, Declan Rice, Richarlison, St-Maximan, Traore, Mcneil, Coady, Mings, Zaha, Bissouma......just because someone thinks they should move doesn't always mean that they will

Hahaha all I pictured when reading this was some bloke on his knees, snot bubbles and dribble all over his face, screaming "you'll never find another one like me again, please don't leave!!"

1 hour ago, ronnup said:

I can see him leaving the UK, he's a smart kid and the lifestyle is so much better for someone in his wahe bracket in Spain or Italy. Even PSG. 

Didn't work out too well for him at Monaco though, Voted biggest flop of the year before they loaned him out to us.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Didn't work out too well for him at Monaco though, Voted biggest flop of the year before they loaned him out to us.

Don't get me wrong i love the guy and desperately want to keep him as long as possible . But he definitely does have these " off the boil/knackered " spells . I kind of thought after his Monaco spell he might be more hesitant to go for a big move . 

But the signing of only a 4 year contract said all along we were just a small part in the grand plan .

5 hours ago, ronnup said:

I can see him leaving the UK, he's a smart kid and the lifestyle is so much better for someone in his wahe bracket in Spain or Italy. Even PSG. 

I think where Youri moves may well depend on what happens with Pogba

Pogba has been linked to PSG, Madrid, and Man Utd want to keep him, can see whichever 2 teams miss out on Pogba going for Youri

United have larger needs than an 8 and they’re going to get in a bidding war for Haland. I don’t think he goes there.

I too think he leaves but I’m not going to dismiss his talent. He is the first name on the team sheet, and he’s been our best player again, even with Maddison being absolute crap.

1 minute ago, 4everfox said:

I wouldn't be so sure. We have a tendency to plan ahead, and I wouldn't be surprised if Soumaré was the guy the club plans to take Youri's place when he inevitably moves on.

....Soumare is not of the same quality...he is more Ndidi.!!!

A formation of 4-3-3 would be more the transition of this team, and a midfield three of Soumare, Ndidi and Tielemans makes more sense. Soumare will give Tielemans the opportunity to control the game and influence our play more.

9 hours ago, Phenom said:

United have larger needs than an 8 and they’re going to get in a bidding war for Haland. I don’t think he goes there.

I too think he leaves but I’m not going to dismiss his talent. He is the first name on the team sheet, and he’s been our best player again, even with Maddison being absolute crap.

They don't. That's their main weakness to me.

It'll be them or Liverpool I fear. Liverpool is largely just because he keeps getting linked though, it seems an odd one to me, he doesn't really feel like a Klopp type of player.

Please not Chelsea either. Wouldn't feel right if he ended up there given what his best moment here is. I'd much rather sell him to Spain.