Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Youri Tielemans (Summer 2022)

18 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

That's true for players at the level of Drinkwater and Chilwell but not for Youri. He's like Kante was, he'll be mustard wherever he goes. 

He lacks the consistency, drive and focus of N'Golo. He's more mayonnaise than mustard.

Guest Kopfkino

Be a kick in the teeth if he doesn’t sign some kind of a new deal first. Entirely his prerogative but would lose a bit of respect for him

Sad times when the fans know that one of their favourite players is playing out the rest of the season knowing he is leaving at the end of it, have we had this situation before apart from Alan Smith when he was going to Arsenal… :dunno:

55 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

He's a fantastic player, but not without faults. He does seem to get his errors ignored more than less popular players - but 'twas ever thus.

And why do you think that is? Because his moments of genius far exceed his occasional serious error. Its the same with many successful players we've had in recent years - look at Mahrez and Vardy. 

If you've an average player who seldom does anything worthy of winning you football matches but there's a portfolio of errors or gift edged misses then they're going to be criticised way more than a player who's got a catalogue of moments they've helped win matches vs a selection of errors. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

And why do you think that is? Because his moments of genius far exceed his occasional serious error. Its the same with many successful players we've had in recent years - look at Mahrez and Vardy. 

If you've an average player who seldom does anything worthy of winning you football matches but there's a portfolio of errors or gift edged misses then they're going to be criticised way more than a player who's got a catalogue of moments they've helped win matches vs a selection of errors. 

No, that's fair enough Ric. I'm referring more to a mindset rather Tielemans in particular. Of course I forgive him his errors readily for the very reasons you state, but I'm not in denial that they exist, whereas there is a state of mind that only sees perfect/dreadful in players/perhaps everything and absolutely nothing in between.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

No, that's fair enough Ric. I'm referring more to a mindset rather Tielemans in particular. Of course I forgive him his errors readily for the very reasons you state, but I'm not in denial that they exist, whereas there is a state of mind that only sees perfect/dreadful in players/perhaps everything and absolutely nothing in between.

It's a funny one, especially with Tielemans as his performances last season returned him to god like status which as you say tends to bring fans to be very euphoric and blinkered in their adulation (nowt wrong with that) but Tielemans does have the capability to go off form and I'm hoping that's what keeps him here in a way. It's what led us to being able to sign him in the first place. Although for that to happen would possibly mean he'll perform this season like he did for large parts of the 2019/20 season and I think I'd take another trophy off him or a top 4 finish and we risk losing him for mega money.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

It's a funny one, especially with Tielemans as his performances last season returned him to god like status which as you say tends to bring fans to be very euphoric and blinkered in their adulation (nowt wrong with that) but Tielemans does have the capability to go off form and I'm hoping that's what keeps him here in a way. It's what led us to being able to sign him in the first place. Although for that to happen would possibly mean he'll perform this season like he did for large parts of the 2019/20 season and I think I'd take another trophy off him or a top 4 finish and we risk losing him for mega money.

His current form is (for me anyway) one of the reasons we look so poor thus far this season, results notwithstanding.

That and the fact that the CB pairing for Saturday is slated to be Ric Flair and HPF.

• Haha 1

Tielemans is invaluable, it's as simple as that. His contract negotiations have been rumbling on for well over a year now. 

For club profit purposes we need to get him to sign that new deal ASAP. It would be a massive failure on the clubs part if we didn't. 

If he does go next summer and together with the rest of the strengthening of the team over recent seasons particularly this window then we need to be prepared to spend on a like for like quality player for the stability of the team. Tielemans replacement and Madueke next summer 😎

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

His current form is (for me anyway) one of the reasons we look so poor thus far this season, results notwithstanding.

That and the fact that the CB pairing for Saturday is slated to be Ric Flair and HPF.

Its more a collective retardation of output from all our creative players I would suggest, and if we put too large portion of that responsibility on Youri, then that is not reasonable or sustainable longer term

One the second point, I would rather see Harold Lloyd and Buster Keaton, but would still watch on PPV

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Its more a collective retardation of output from all our creative players I would suggest, and if we put too large portion of that responsibility on Youri, then that is not reasonable or sustainable longer term

One the second point, I would rather see Harold Lloyd and Buster Keaton, but would still watch on PPV

I agree, hence I said 'one of the reasons' rather than 'the only reason' :) 

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I agree, hence I said 'one of the reasons' rather than 'the only reason' :) 

Forgive me, I am attempting to evolve into the current vogue of binary thinking, so deemed the rest of your argument as a mere typo

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Tielemans is invaluable, it's as simple as that. His contract negotiations have been rumbling on for well over a year now. 

For club profit purposes we need to get him to sign that new deal ASAP. It would be a massive failure on the clubs part if we didn't. 

If he does go next summer and together with the rest of the strengthening of the team over recent seasons particularly this window then we need to be prepared to spend on a like for like quality player for the stability of the team. Tielemans replacement and Madueke next summer 😎

It's not necessarily a failure on the club's part if Youri doesn't sign a new contract at all. It might be that his wage demands are higher than we can offer, or it might be that he has his heart set on joining a bigger club. There might be no terms we could realistically offer that he would accept.

As for a replacement, I think we might already have him. Depending on how they get on this season, Soumare or KDH could be the one to take his place in the team.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Really? I thought he was immense 1st half vs Wolves and vs Norwich he had a good game. We were abysmal vs West Ham but I wouldn't say Tielemans is off form yet this season.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

It's not necessarily a failure on the club's part if Youri doesn't sign a new contract at all. It might be that his wage demands are higher than we can offer, or it might be that he has his heart set on joining a bigger club. There might be no terms we could realistically offer that he would accept.

As for a replacement, I think we might already have him. Depending on how they get on this season, Soumare or KDH could be the one to take his place in the team.

Certainly won't be Soumare, he doesn't have the creative side to his game like Youri

I think it will probably be KDH as when Youri leaves we need someone to step in who at least has some creative ability to try and replace what we will miss

11 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Certainly won't be Soumare, he doesn't have the creative side to his game like Youri

I think it will probably be KDH as when Youri leaves we need someone to step in who at least has some creative ability to try and replace what we will miss

....if Rodgers sees 4-2-3-1 as his go to formation then KDH takes the #10 role...!!!

Should Youri go then there are great options out there with the creativity we require Jean Pyerre is player I see as the player to take up the position.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....if Rodgers sees 4-2-3-1 as his go to formation then KDH takes the #10 role...!!!

Should Youri go then there are great options out there with the creativity we require Jean Pyerre is player I see as the player to take up the position.

KDH shouldn't play in the 10 role, he doesn't influence play as much from that far forward and is much better from deep, he is an 8 not a 10

Would be the same as what we saw when tried playing Youri further forward, it doesn't work

• Like 3

Tielemans is a bit like Bruno Fernandes, they can get caught in possession and can be at fault for a goal or two, but it is the sublime passing and vision they have, and people tend to have short memories when players have these abilities.   If he goes for less that 50 million next year, it will be daylight robbery.

Edited by Le Renard

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Jean Pyerre is like a Tielemans clone, surprised he's not in Europe yet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UHDrive said:

I could see the club holding him to his final year of his contract if they thought it was that or missing out on European spots -- sort of a mini-Mbappe situation, where the year of play is more valuable than what we would be usually be offered for someone who can go on a free the next summer (and it is more than just comparing a transfer fee to what a Europa League payout is -- it's not just the money, it's the "consistently in Europe" label.) Especially if they could get an affordable replacement that needed a season to be bedded in.

The big question is: Would Youri want to stay ("Pledge his future" as the press releases say) if Leicester City were in the Champions League spots? Does he see himself playing for the "big club", or playing at the highest level? They are different things.

2 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

The problem for me is that the club have had long enough to sort this out. Granted he came in on a 4 year contract but still...

As for Soumare he's not creative enough, and KDH (whilst an excellent player) I can't imagine him sitting deep on that left side and nor does he possess the quality of Tielemans. We'll need someone incoming I'm sure.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

The problem for me is that the club have had long enough to sort this out. Granted he came in on a 4 year contract but still...

As for Soumare he's not creative enough, and KDH (whilst an excellent player) I can't imagine him sitting deep on that left side and nor does he possess the quality of Tielemans. We'll need someone incoming I'm sure.

It takes two to sort. Youri signing the four-year deal was a signal he wanted to be in the position he is now ... I have a feeling he will make a great manager/executive one day.

2 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

It takes two to sort. Youri signing the four-year deal was a signal he wanted to be in the position he is now ... I have a feeling he will make a great manager/executive one day.

I probably would to be honest. If things stay like they are until the new year then I'd make him run down his contract without a move next summer.