Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Favourite home cooked meal.

I Love any Asian,Indian,African Persian faire...Also Paella, Spanish or Portugues...

My Wife & Daughters can cook any from scratch,I learnt a lot ,cooking & Preparation of Basic & classics,while courting a Beautiful Indian ( hindi) girl.Especially from her mam,Gran & aunts..Ditto with Persian-faire

Then travelling many lands  one sharing life with locals, food is usually on the Top 2 of life's priorities & pride...

Myself Wife & kids, have tasted & cooked many a various faire, even on various North-European Family celebrations..

The home-cooked faire that still hits home for me...is a Good Ol' Fashion traditional Sunday or Christmas Roast...Meat of ones own choosing...

Though One might slip in On the table another World's-region dish..or  choice of preperation.

Though all People will Fall about their countries traditional faire, original it aint..Since the first years of anyy trade routes/paths, nothing can be original...

Herbes,Spices,vegetables fruits, were traded,Asians /Africans/Persians/Arab/later Europeans/Americas offered and traded new Agricultural products & food  treasures...

Todays,known  Indian, Asian,Persian Classics wouldnt have happened, without exchange of merchandise..

India is more like a continent, with various folk & countries, so These separate folk regions will have Unique Food & Spice to that region..

Ie..Bengal, Kashmir ,will serve up a different taste, to a similar dish,with a basic herb or Spice that may have never left the region...

But One could say that about many dishes & their ingredients from other countries...Goulash,kebabs,Hotpots,stews etc..

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Fry up. Breakfast, lunch or dinner it does the trick, get good quality Sausages and proper butchers bacon and it's by far my favourite thing to cook at home. 

Throw in some Potato presentation, that does me for the Days Main meal..

Yes it’s a nice dish cooked correctly with the right ingredients.  My mrs had it a few times in non Italian Restaurants in the Uk and it was swimming in double cream which she liked.  Then she had it the way it should be one night in a good Italian restaurant and she didn’t like it. I was fuming with her 😂.  She also orders tikka masala in indian restaurants so I should have know she’s a food pleb. 

20 minutes ago, bovril said:

In the winter I love making a pork ghoulash or aubergine curry.

Favourite quick and easy summer dish is probably fresh pasta with tuna, lemon, fresh basil and cherry tomatoes. 

Had ghoulash that had been stuffed in these massive hollowed out cobs at a street food market in Budapest. Unbelievable they were 

1 hour ago, Big Dave said:

I love my wife’s burger.

What kind, fur?

Love my aloo parantha's, methi parantha's, sugar parantha's, heck mostly any kind of parantha's with a massive chunk of butter on top and home made yogurt/dahi with a cup of cha/chai. Nobody can make them as good as my grandma though. She is deeply missed for many reasons. 

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

1. White bread

2. Bacon

You're welcome

I get the humour in your response but, Whoa there!

What about butter NOT SPREAD? Bacon from a good butcher, not the watery, white residue, supermarket bilge. Crusty white bread not Kingsmill or Hovis bleached shite? 

And this... try it, if you haven't already. Available online from The Sauce Shop.

Brown Sauce 6x255g Glass Bottle

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Webbo said:

Potato has no place on the breakfast table. 

I used to Work at the Chicago Board of trade...for the Deutsche-Boerse...

In the CBT,they had a a Damn Good Breakfast- restaurant, and just Off the Main Road leading up to the CBT,Another cafe, style place did..

English/American/Irish  Breakfasts ,or a Mix of all 3...until evening...

I was Never an Hash-brown lover, But These 2 places did Great breakfasts & their hash-browns,

I must say were excellent, best ever..!!Chefs Made their own,no catering packs

The Inn in the Park, & Dorchester,in London  many years ago, I Think it was called a "Paupers" Breakfast for Non guests, all American, all English,where eggs

& hash-browns were cooked has you ordered..The sausages, Bacon were to die for,again Hash Browns were on the money...

Their fish Buffet breakfast, just yummy, yummy..!!

I didnt, couldn t Really Pay for myself, But an Engineering companyI Worked for, invited & payed a few times over the year...

Twice with an ex-girlfriend I had ,we flew in from Aberdeen ( I think)...und I Surprised her with a couple of Great days out, on the firm...

Amusingly while staying in another Hotel...Another nice Touch some months later,I invited my parents down to London, Bumped into my boss, hat a pleasant

couple of umplanned hours with him in a Sunday, in this "normal" but  not cheap hotel...Went to pay the bill the Next day..Monday, 

the desk told me, the guy I was with the Previous Afternoon had payed our weekend bill for my parents my Girlfriend & me...I

One of our conversations was hilariously over Hash-browns....

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Proper well made Carbonara with all the proper ingredients is world class imo

Made this on Sunday and it really does take some beating for how simple it is. 

A basic homemade pasta, diced up rasher of smokey bacon, couple of egg yolks stirred through a shed load of Pecorino cheese once if the heat, half a cup of the Pasta water stirred through and done.