Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Health official questions if Leicester City v Napoli should be suspended

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Their problem, should have planned ahead and not released players for international duty that were going to cause an issue.

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

You've said what I was going to say. They knew the fixture list, it's up to them to plan around it and make the necessary decisions. The blokes probably a Napoli fan lol

They aren’t allowed to stop their players going on int duty.  We only got away with it because the whole prem took the same stance. We negotiated our players availability with their countries.  S American players clubs are waiting to find out if they will be allowed to use their players this weekend. The fifa rule is that they cannot. 
The issue is the U.K. stance on red list countries. That’s not uefa or napoli’s problem. The rules of the U.K. cannot restrict our opponents player availability- it’s not acceptable on a sporting level 

i would expect us to be instructed to play the game at a neutral venue if the govt refuse to change the rules for elite sportsmen and Napoli call the rules unfair on them. 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

They aren’t allowed to stop their players going on int duty.  We only got away with it because the whole prem took the same stance. We negotiated our players availability with their countries.  S American players clubs are waiting to find out if they will be allowed to use their players this weekend. The fifa rule is that they cannot. 
The issue is the U.K. stance on red list countries. That’s not uefa or napoli’s problem. The rules of the U.K. cannot restrict our opponents player availability- it’s not acceptable on a sporting level 

i would expect us to be instructed to play the game at a neutral venue if the govt refuse to change the rules for elite sportsmen and Napoli call the rules unfair on them. 

I can't imagine this doesn't affect every other UK team in Europe -- Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, and Rangers all have home games that week. I can't imagine it won't get sorted.

24 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

No chance it will be played at a neutral venue. Napoli won't be the only team affected by this.

2 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I can't imagine this doesn't affect every other UK team in Europe -- Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, and Rangers all have home games that week. I can't imagine it won't get sorted.

Good point 

I can’t believe that it’s not been sorted but I guess they have to do the s American players and their availability first.  The govt are going to look ridiculous if they allow players in from other counties domestic sides having told English clubs that they couldn’t allow their players to play in red list countries. 

perhaps Budapest and Lisbon are going to be v busy next week! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I was going to say the same, Leicester vs Napoli can’t be the only fixture affected by this.

Edited by Lcfc82

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

"Sorry, he's injured, he can't go".

Sorted.

Would you expect our away leg to also be at a neutral venue? Or is it acceptable for Leicester to be punished for the U.K. government's restrictions?

2 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Also are we the only country with a list of these so called “red list” countries where a 10 day isolation is mandatory or are other countries getting round it by exempting professional sportsmen ?

Pretty much, the UK is being OTT on quarantine and testing, certainly compared to the rest of Europe.

• Like 1

Why would Lcfc be punished for anything ?  Italy don’t have red lists and afaik, elite sportsmen can come and go without restrictions 

If we played our home game at a neutral venue but we play Napoli at San Paolo/Maradona Stadium I'd argue we're being punished or at least put at a disadvantage due to matters beyond our control.

7 hours ago, foxfan92 said:

If we played our home game at a neutral venue but we play Napoli at San Paolo/Maradona Stadium I'd argue we're being punished or at least put at a disadvantage due to matters beyond our control.

In uefa’s eyes ….

the policy of the U.K. govt is our problem 

the policy of the Italian govt is napoli’s problem 

as others have said, this is part of a wider problem across all the U.K. home teams next week - the solution will be interesting 

24 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

In uefa’s eyes ….

as others have said, this is part of a wider problem across all the U.K. home teams next week - the solution will be interesting 

It’s neither our problem, Napoli’s problem, the Italian Government or our governments.

Its UEFAs and FIFAs problem. They are organising fixtures and they need to adapt them to the conditions and laws.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Less severe yes, with European competition there is no cross-continent travel and most countries in the EU are way ahead with their vaccination programs than for example African nations. That time has also passed, in the present time Europe is far safer and less restrictive from a quarantine point of view than any other region on the planet virtually.

Vaccinations programs or not, African nations have not been remotely as affected by Covid as most countries the EU (or the US)..

4 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Vaccinations programs or not, African nations have not been remotely as affected by Covid as most countries the EU (or the US)..

South Africa may have something to say on that 

also the med states aren’t doing as well as they were

and the majority of African countries sadly have a much smaller aged population than ‘the west’ 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

In uefa’s eyes ….

The solution is that we play the game at 8pm on Thursday at the Kingpower 

you don’t have to always have to seemingly play devil’s advocate

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NaijaFox said:

Have you not watched the news in the last two years? South Africa have been ravaged with it, are the origin of one of the most transmissible variants and very recently have had major issues administering the vaccine due to anti-vaccine mobs rioting and destroying vaccination centres.

• Like 1

Sorry to post twice in quick succession in this thread, but all the while there are travel bans forcibly separating loved ones across the world; fvcking Napoli can make do with this given they knew the rules when they sent their players off. It was pretty clear when the Prem started reporting that players wouldn’t go because of U.K. entry requirements. It smacks of poor planning and a holier than thou attitude from them, that they’d just waltz in and get exemptions because they’re footballers. People have committed suicide because of being separated from family for so long because of those bans and stupid entry requirements, so this ‘health official’ can fvck off, and Napoli can do one too.

Sorry, but I’ve had enough of this now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I can imagine there would be resistance from us purely with the game scheduling/live tv matches that are already set in stone. I'd say play it and if their fans are told not to come then that's their problem. There would be an issue of course with the return leg and what Napoli would think about that.