Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Health official questions if Leicester City v Napoli should be suspended

4 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

The solution is that we play the game at 8pm on Thursday at the Kingpower 

you don’t have to always have to seemingly play devil’s advocate

This ^^^

I respect @st albans fox's opinions on a lot of subjects but he does talk some guff sometimes.

This game will go ahead as planned at King Power on Thursday 16th September.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Have you not watched the news in the last two years? South Africa have been ravaged with it, are the origin of one of the most transmissible variants and very recently have had major issues administering the vaccine due to anti-vaccine mobs rioting and destroying vaccination centres.

Have you not watched the news in the last two months? The US have been much more ravaged with it, despite its massive "vaccination program", with MORE positives, hospitalizations, pediatric cases and deaths (?) than a year ago when ironically there were no vaccinations.

Anyway, should have said "most" African countries, given that South Africa is just one African nation out of more than 50 (and one that I do not believe have a single player in the EPL). 

4 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

I think we might see further disruption to ALL football competitions as the autumn turns towards winter. Hope I’m wrong. 

Hope not. But if there's any disruption, it's more likely to be in the stands (ie, allowing fans in the grounds) than on the pitch itself.

• Like 1

The government is planning to overhaul the travel traffic light system, with changes set to be announced in weeks.

Green and amber categories could be removed and replaced with a new system, the BBC has been told.

A new system would allow vaccinated travellers to go to countries with similarly high levels of vaccination as the UK without the need for quarantine.

Sources say the red category, which is for countries which the government says should not be visited, will remain.

Under current restrictions, red countries should not be visited "except in the most extreme of circumstances" and travellers returning from them must self-isolate for 10 days in a government-approved hotel.

The government declined to comment on the plans but said: "Our international travel policy is guided by one overwhelming priority - protecting public health.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58491245

Napoli are in constant contact with UEFA regarding the situation

http://sportwitness.co.uk/napoli-pass-leicester-city-match-issue-uefa-two-possibilities-considered/

Napoli pass Leicester City match issue to UEFA – Two possibilities considered

On Wednesday we covered a report from Il Mattino, a Naples newspaper, which explained growing worry ahead of Napoli’s trip to face Leicester City.

The two clubs are set to meet next Thursday in the Europa League, but it’s thought as many as five Napoli players won’t be able to travel to the UK because they’ve been in red list countries in recent days.

Wednesday’s report even suggested the possibility of the match being moved to a neutral venue, which seemed a rather wild claim.

Il Mattino carry on a similar stance on Thursday, and they say Napoli are in ‘constant contact’ with UEFA over the situation. The situation has been passed to the governing body to deal with, and Il Mattino claim two possibilities are being considered, should no diplomatic solution be found to allow the players to travel.

It’s again said the match could be played at a neutral ground, and the second possibility is reversing the fixture, so it would be played in Naples, with presumably the second match, in December, then being held in Leicester.

Leicester City are unlikely to be thrilled about either possibility, and it may well be that Napoli are forced to travel, whether they’re allowed to bring all their players or not.

I think that our argument would be that Napoli agreed to the schedule at the end of august knowing the situation regarding the int break ref red list countries and U.K. quarantine rules. 

they should have suggested the fixtures be reversed then to avoid this scenario playing out. We could argue that they didn’t because they expected to take advantage of it to get the game switched to a neutral country. 

• Like 2

Arguably, this is a clash that decides the group - I know it’s only game one, but the two favourites for the group playing each other. 
Why should we be punished because Napoli couldn’t look ahead and see the problem?

Wilf, Kel and Soyuncu all made alternative plans during the international window so they would be available for the next few games, Napoli could have done the same.

This strikes me as dirty tricks, trying to get an advantage in what they will see as their hardest game of the group stage.

With UEFA your never quite sure what they are going to do, but in the interests of fairness if they move this game to a neutral venue, they need to do the same for the return game in December.

Preferably Melbourne for both games

• Haha 2

I don't get it. Multi million dollar clubs have the best Covid testing with results available within 24 hrs. Quarantine the players and test them 24 hrs before kick off. You play with what you have. If you can't field a team based on a 25 man squad you forfeit the game. You have to draw the line somewhere. With the testing and resources available there's no reason for this to be an issue.

15 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Napoli are in constant contact with UEFA regarding the situation

http://sportwitness.co.uk/napoli-pass-leicester-city-match-issue-uefa-two-possibilities-considered/

Napoli pass Leicester City match issue to UEFA – Two possibilities considered

On Wednesday we covered a report from Il Mattino, a Naples newspaper, which explained growing worry ahead of Napoli’s trip to face Leicester City.

The two clubs are set to meet next Thursday in the Europa League, but it’s thought as many as five Napoli players won’t be able to travel to the UK because they’ve been in red list countries in recent days.

Wednesday’s report even suggested the possibility of the match being moved to a neutral venue, which seemed a rather wild claim.

Il Mattino carry on a similar stance on Thursday, and they say Napoli are in ‘constant contact’ with UEFA over the situation. The situation has been passed to the governing body to deal with, and Il Mattino claim two possibilities are being considered, should no diplomatic solution be found to allow the players to travel.

It’s again said the match could be played at a neutral ground, and the second possibility is reversing the fixture, so it would be played in Naples, with presumably the second match, in December, then being held in Leicester.

Leicester City are unlikely to be thrilled about either possibility, and it may well be that Napoli are forced to travel, whether they’re allowed to bring all their players or not.

I wouldn’t be too happy with either option but reversing the fixture seems fairer than using a neutral venue to me unless both legs are played a neutral venues. 

3 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I wouldn’t be too happy with either option but reversing the fixture seems fairer than using a neutral venue to me unless both legs are played a neutral venues. 

Reverse a fixture because their players gone somewhere that means they can’t come here is not a thing! It’s a disgrace if it’s moved and proves how corrupt uefa is. We wouldn’t be moaning to switch it had we cocked up like this. We’d go with what we have!

• Like 2