Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2022

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Do we score?

image.png.2ad610e551cd8e746c8727de02f33e01.png

Makes me laugh, the main way they've toned down one on one's this year, instead of making the actual finishing shit, your players going through on goal and taking it so far wide round the goalkeeper that they have to run to the wing, turn around and wait to cross it to someone lol

Every time. 

On 20/11/2021 at 04:22, The People's Hero said:

I've tested it with 2 clubs now and I have a hypothesis that providing you:

- Have players for each position (you don't have to go and sign stars; but some squads just have glaring issues like no striker/no left back)

- Have a player with corners in double figures

- Have a player with heading in double figures

- Set up your set pieces

- Pick any formation you like providing it fits your players and you don't ship goals.

= promotion. Nothing clever required. No good signings really.

Yeah, I’m in the Vanarama South (Havant & W), and we’re scoring headers on set pieces every game.

Set piece training is set on our calendar, tbh I haven’t figured out if that helps or not but we keep on going (only one loss so far, and that was to Doncaster in the FA Cup second round where we outplayed them) so I’m not about to meddle with what my assistant set.

I typically play a “fluid counterattack” 433 with 1 DM, sometimes do diamond 442. I’ll play the 442 if I don’t have my wingers available or I want to give one or two of them a rest.

44 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Yeah, I’m in the Vanarama South (Havant & W), and we’re scoring headers on set pieces every game.

Set piece training is set on our calendar, tbh I haven’t figured out if that helps or not but we keep on going (only one loss so far, and that was to Doncaster in the FA Cup second round where we outplayed them) so I’m not about to meddle with what my assistant set.

I typically play a “fluid counterattack” 433 with 1 DM, sometimes do diamond 442. I’ll play the 442 if I don’t have my wingers available or I want to give one or two of them a rest.

I restarted with Maidstone to challenge myself to a save without using Gegenpress at any level and with some strict criteria; effectively role playing the game. I have strict 'stats' that there has to be a very strong argument to go outside of (workrate/teamwork) and I'm also at personalities a lot more.

We've pretty much walked the league at the 26 game mark, and still in all trophies with a replay vs Southend in one and Bournemouth (top of Championship) in the FA Cup (2-2 draw away first time around).

I'm play a 'control' style with wingers. 4-2-3-1 basically. I'm almost fully committed to the system as although my squad is not tiny, I've had ridiculous injuries (I simply must be doing something wrong; but lets bear in mind they are all part-time).

The set pieces has helped. Playing two wingers and then a striker as target man/poacher depending on who I pick with either good heading/jumping or finishing has really helped.

I have a really good AMC as well; young player who plays really well as a shadow striker.

My biggest gripe is the loan system at the moment. I have 2 full backs on loan. Both were signed on the agreement they would play the exact position they are playing. Managers keep getting in touch asking why I'm not playing them as full back. Every time I check and I am. As much as I like you, Jamie Morgan and Benny Couto, I think you might be getting recalled.

Going to have to seriously back up Finnegan about Daka. What a ****ing joke this is.

image.thumb.png.c9a90e2e7ef2fbcf9f0e157012cdce6b.png

There is simply no possible situation where he's listed for £1.3mil in April 2023 and not kicked a ball for us in the league all season (though Rodgers may try).

We continue to get our players totally shafted on this. Meanwhile, Rachid Ghezzal has one good season at Besiktas and he's become as good as this? Passing and vision of 17???

image.thumb.png.43301d0895576d840c99fb3943d08860.png

I can virtually guarantee if he'd come back here he wouldn't even be close to that good.

I'd actually try and sign Daka for Deportivo if I was going up but we just started too badly. I'm somehow still in the bottom half which is weird because on the xG table I'm 4th, and I feel like we've been in promotion form for a good half a season now, but we just started dreadfully. I think we can go up next season though.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Going to have to seriously back up Finnegan about Daka. What a ****ing joke this is.

image.thumb.png.c9a90e2e7ef2fbcf9f0e157012cdce6b.png

There is simply no possible situation where he's listed for £1.3mil in April 2023 and not kicked a ball for us in the league all season (though Rodgers may try).

We continue to get our players totally shafted on this. Meanwhile, Rachid Ghezzal has one good season at Besiktas and he's become as good as this? Passing and vision of 17???

image.thumb.png.43301d0895576d840c99fb3943d08860.png

I can virtually guarantee if he'd come back here he wouldn't even be close to that good.

I'd actually try and sign Daka for Deportivo if I was going up but we just started too badly. I'm somehow still in the bottom half which is weird because on the xG table I'm 4th, and I feel like we've been in promotion form for a good half a season now, but we just started dreadfully. I think we can go up next season though.

I'm in 2025 and Daka signed for Norwich a couple of years ago after barely kicking a ball for Leicester. He rarely plays for Norwich either.

1 hour ago, Rain King said:

I'm in 2025 and Daka signed for Norwich a couple of years ago after barely kicking a ball for Leicester. He rarely plays for Norwich either.

He's actually worse on this one. On 21 he was exactly the same but obviously a year younger (and funnily enough ended up at Leicester, pretty much single handedly destroying my Wisla side) and therefore developed a lot better.

But this is daft. He's obviously totally underrated on it.

Just edit him yourself, I did. I don't feel particularly bad about it, I upped his finishing and composure to 16s which are still less than Vards and Iheanacho. Increased his heading and dribbling to about 11/12ish.

Think that's fair personally. 

Oh and upped his penalty taking. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

Season 3 done. pretty identical to season 2, finished second in the league and won the welsh cup again. still 12 points off TNS so need to do better in the league. extended my contract, going to try again for the title in season 4. quite enjoying this save, nice little team

image.thumb.png.3be941f334815998154d7ea4230dfc37.png

image.png.e73e8219b3e609d4f3fb300bf04b138f.png

Struggling to get into a save this year, seems to be far too easy if you start at a decent level. Won 2. Bundesliga with St Pauli by 17 points first season, now joint top of the Bundesliga after 7 games, beating Bayern, Leipzig and Leverkusen already. Started a new save with Fiorentina, top of the league after 10 games now as well.

Using a 5-3-2 very similar to Finnegan's Leicester formation and avoiding the obviously broken corner tactics, but still only lost 2 games across both saves. Going to give Deportivo, Kaiserslautern or Palermo a go and see how it goes.

1 minute ago, BarringtonHayles said:

Struggling to get into a save this year, seems to be far too easy if you start at a decent level. Won 2. Bundesliga with St Pauli by 17 points first season, now joint top of the Bundesliga after 7 games, beating Bayern, Leipzig and Leverkusen already. Started a new save with Fiorentina, top of the league after 10 games now as well.

Using a 5-3-2 very similar to Finnegan's Leicester formation and avoiding the obviously broken corner tactics, but still only lost 2 games across both saves. Going to give Deportivo, Kaiserslautern or Palermo a go and see how it goes.

Yeah I wanted to play in the Bundesliga but I've always found it to be one of the easiest leagues in the game to win, a lot of the players outside the top handful of clubs are very under-rated. So I decided I'd have a big play around in the editor, make a fantasy Bundesliga and try to win it. Most of the strongest players in the Premier League I gave transfers to Bundesliga clubs, starting with sending the best players to Bayern and Dortmund and carried on down until I was sending some of West Ham and Wolves' best players to Augsburg, Freiburg, etc.

Then gave all the clubs in the Bundesliga besides Frankfurt (who I opted to play as) a sizable increase in budget and reputation, removed their salary caps, gave them government grants of about 100m a year to make sure they never ran out of cash.

Then left Frankfurt largely as they were. Still ended up winning the "Mega" Bundesliga in my second season. lol

If anyone wants the attached, it's fairly broken. 

532 v1.fmf

Assembled a nice looking squad at Almeria, into my 3rd season. Working mainly with free agents, transfer listed players and some youngsters. Sitting top somehow mid season. Seems alot easier to get hold of reasonable players for modest fees this season, and players seem happier to drop from the top clubs into the lower rep clubs too. Notable signings include Billy Gilmour (free) Matteo Guendouzi (free) William Saliba (8.5m) Ibrahima Konate (7.5m) Yusuf Demir!?! (4.5m + add ons) losing some of the challenge compared to a similar challenge I attempted last year (Leganes) 

Lorenzo Lucca up top, 6 foot 7 with great heading and jumping reach. Federico Dimarco at LWB with 17 crossing. The obvious tactic for these working like a charm. No near post corners but he's still on a goal a game. 

Barca are down in 8th, Real Madrid 5th, Ath Madrid 13th. Very odd save, really.

You have to set your own restrictions in order to keep the game from being an absolute cakewalk.

Having said that, I know there's lots of us here who've been playing it for years so I think also there is an argument that we've just become intuitively quite good at it.

Maybe do a save as Dover. Start on -10 (I think) in the VNL.

20 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

Assembled a nice looking squad at Almeria, into my 3rd season. Working mainly with free agents, transfer listed players and some youngsters. Sitting top somehow mid season. Seems alot easier to get hold of reasonable players for modest fees this season, and players seem happier to drop from the top clubs into the lower rep clubs too. Notable signings include Billy Gilmour (free) Matteo Guendouzi (free) William Saliba (8.5m) Ibrahima Konate (7.5m) Yusuf Demir!?! (4.5m + add ons) losing some of the challenge compared to a similar challenge I attempted last year (Leganes) 

Lorenzo Lucca up top, 6 foot 7 with great heading and jumping reach. Federico Dimarco at LWB with 17 crossing. The obvious tactic for these working like a charm. No near post corners but he's still on a goal a game. 

Barca are down in 8th, Real Madrid 5th, Ath Madrid 13th. Very odd save, really.

Have they still got the Sugar Daddy owner? and have you kept Robertone? He was outrageous for me on a Velez save I did a few years ago

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Have they still got the Sugar Daddy owner? and have you kept Robertone? He was outrageous for me on a Velez save I did a few years ago

I couldn't tie him down to anything more than a £18m release clause, which Palace activated in the Jan window of this season. Tried to persuade him to stay but he went for the money lol both seasons he had 7+ average rating and he's a solid all rounder. Aaron Molinas has come in from Boca as a replacement, 

They're still backed pretty well by the Sugar Daddy owner. The reason I picked them is down to seeing them progress alongside my Leganes team on 21, they always seemed well funded. Got £33m for my 2nd season in La Liga, and with player prices how they are, that's excellent to work with.