Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2022

1 minute ago, Rain King said:

Thanks for that. Yeah I found loads but wasn't sure which ones were decent/buggy. 

I downloaded one a couple of years ago that messed my game right up.

Cheers 

fair enough then. i always use this one, its safe

Goodbye Russia, Hello Turkey!

Been offered the job at Adana Demirspor in the Turkish Super Lig (where Mario Balotelli and former Fox Gokhan Inler currently play, Balotelli still there in my game)

Much bigger transfer budget and wage budget - around £4m TB available and £300k a week wage total compared to £0 TB available and £60k a week wage total

Squad is a bit rough but thankfully I have some money to actually improve it!

Currently in the relegation zone but only 1 point away from safety and the team is predicted 12th so should be able to get them to safety pretty easily

image.png.44277d2ecd902ec1ebb8e14f9bc4237b.png

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Been offered the job at Adana Demirspor in the Turkish Super Lig (where Mario Balotelli and former Fox Gokhan Inler currently play, Balotelli still there in my game)

Much bigger transfer budget and wage budget - around £4m TB available and £300k a week wage total compared to £0 TB available and £60k a week wage total

Currently in the relegation zone but only 1 point away from safety and the team is predicted 12th so should be able to get them to safety pretty easily

risky taking over mid season though, whens the window open?

9 minutes ago, Beliall said:

risky taking over mid season though, whens the window open?

12th January, more than enough in the squad already to do alright though

Just needs a bit of tweaking to how I play

Weirdly Balotelli isn't even registered and is on £69k a week! Gonna try and get rid of him to free up some wages

Balotelli and Belhanda (who is registered) take up a third of my entire wage budget

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

12th January, more than enough in the squad already to do alright though

Just needs a bit of tweaking to how I play

Weirdly Balotelli isn't even registered and is on £69k a week! Gonna try and get rid of him to free up some wages

Balotelli and Belhanda (who is registered) take up a third of my entire wage budget

no wonder they're bottom (ish)

7 hours ago, AjcW said:

I think one of the big issues I've seen is that all the go-to wonderkids were signed by big sides at the start of this season, and the latest 'wonderkid' recommendation lists seem to just include the same names rather than cheap gems.

I've no real interest in just googling the best wonderkids and snapping them up to be honest, I think it's just harder knowing who to scout and it's mainly because of the way they've changed values - I think the value is a bit more realistic now but it definitely makes it a bit harder to know where to look in my opinion - particularly for bargains.

• Like 1

Just hit January and we have only lost 1 game since I took over at Adana (8 games - 7 wins and 1 loss, 2 of the wins were cup games), now top half as needed for our season aim and just 2 points from the European places

image.png.2b8475de4cb4f6c37ce46b0c5fab106c.png

Pretty much lined up all my business before we even reach the January transfer window

Couple of players I am planning to sell that I don't want that will cover the future installment fees as well

image.png.7836d1eac4cec39934539e7db3390e5a.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I did a save with Kasimpasa last season and binned it because I realised I'd built my squad failing to account for their youngsters rule of having to always field an u23 Turkish homegrown player or some other nonsense, which was slightly annoying. Picked up my biggest win in ages on that though, somehow beat somebody 9-0, Karagumyuk or somebody.

I reckon I'm gonna try Brazil this season.

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I did a save with Kasimpasa last season and binned it because I realised I'd built my squad failing to account for their youngsters rule of having to always field an u23 Turkish homegrown player or some other nonsense, which was slightly annoying. Picked up my biggest win in ages on that though, somehow beat somebody 9-0, Karagumyuk or somebody.

I reckon I'm gonna try Brazil this season.

Strangely I don't think the game is making that rule work properly, because I definitely don't have 2 Under-21s in my starting eleven - It seems to think I only have to have those 2 players in the match day squad so I just leave 2 spaces on my bench

Either the rule is written wrong or it isn't working right (which I can't complain about!)

The rule definitely works in the cup, ended up playing a couple of 17 year olds with good potential

image.png.8ade215d91edc5e4c09702aaec263394.png

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Strangely I don't think the game is making that rule work properly, because I definitely don't have 2 Under-21s in my starting eleven - It seems to think I only have to have those 2 players in the match day squad so I just leave 2 spaces on my bench

Either the rule is written wrong or it isn't working right (which I can't complain about!)

The rule definitely works in the cup, ended up playing a couple of 17 year olds with good potential

image.png.8ade215d91edc5e4c09702aaec263394.png

I think they've changed the rules then, it only kicked in in the third season, which I wasn't aware of (and probably naively just only checked what changed from season 1 to season 2). The ones about domestic keepers and foreigners in the XI sound about right but they had a rule where you literally had to play a youngster produced by your own academy, and I'd done nothing about ours - although I think to be honest that isn't something you can fix before season three, it's largely based on luck anyway and you can't exactly shift the odds in your favour that quickly. The annoying thing is I nearly started as Altinordu and they're the club best suited for this rule as they have a brilliant academy (of which I'd signed their two best players, somehow).

I'd built a squad I was happy with, very nicely balanced and genuinely thought I had a chance of the title but hearing my team was going to be sabotaged by some bloke barely good enough for the second tier just put me off to be honest, you know how Turkish squads are constructed in general, it takes a good season or two to clear up the mess, so once I'd finally got to actually clearing the mess and realising I'd be sabotaged I just couldn't be bothered. Funnily enough I then started at Wisla Krakow, and Poland has basically the same rule (must have a Polish U21 player on the pitch) but luckily Wisla had me sorted for a little while in that department anyway so it made it workable.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Lako42 said:

The game is looking like it might be a tad too easy?

Once you put a run of form together it just seems to be very easy to keep it going

My form keeps up and I could end up winning the league in the same season I took over with them in the relegation zone after 13 games, just 2 losses and 11 wins after another 13 games

image.png.85f12b9f732ac3aff2be931095a598bd.png 

image.thumb.png.a9e2392f169795473024168adb62ffe9.png

Edited by moore_94

I found lower leagues on 21 too easy. Think I said it before how I took over a side in the Portuguese system that were probably ranked about 70th of 90, got them to finish about 25th meaning I ended up in the third tier, then won the third tier, then went up again, all with pretty basic tactics. Sensible ones perhaps but nothing innovative. My second season at Deportivo will tell me if it's any different.

Youth Development question.... saying as it's the butt of all memes/jokes.

Do we actually think it's something FM want to make good in the game? Insiders on here like @Ricey is it something that's just difficult to manage? 

What i'd like to understand is how something so universally joked about can go unchanged each year?

I could hire the best head of youth in the world, put him in charge of signings and have a world class training facility and investment in youth recruitment.... and he'd still try and sign a non league reject 17 year old zero rated lad who has never played a game.... and I'd still have a terrible youth intake year after year.

Has anyone actually cracked it? This isn't a one off for me, I could be at the biggest club in the world and it's still dog shit.

Before anyone says... i've also gone down the 'not having head of youth in charge of signings' route and that still doesn't fix the intake issue.

Edited by AjcW

On 16/11/2021 at 19:46, moore_94 said:

For those who also enjoy non-league saves, the one I use every year and tends to be spot on is now available

*You have to select another nations start date, bug within the game

*Also advised to download the update pack that is linked on the website for the database to get the full effect

31 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Do we actually think it's something FM want to make good in the game? Insiders on here like @Ricey is it something that's just difficult to manage? 

What i'd like to understand is how something so universally joked about can go unchanged each year?

I could hire the best head of youth in the world, put him in charge of signings and have a world class training facility and investment in youth recruitment.... and he'd still try and sign a non league reject 17 year old zero rated lad who has never played a game.... and I'd still have a terrible youth intake year after year.

Has anyone actually cracked it? This isn't a one off for me, I could be at the biggest club in the world and it's still dog shit.

Before anyone says... i've also gone down the 'not having head of youth in charge of signings' route and that still doesn't fix the intake issue.

catchment areas play a part. could be going to bigger clubs maybe. 

6 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

always a risk getting a custom db this early

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Become England manager part-time so you have a full database of national-team eligible talents then every season dedicate a day to locating the hottest new regens and hoovering them all up into your academy.  Gotta game the game.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AjcW said:

I'm not really sure what you're talking about here. 

Are you talking about your intake or do you let your HOYD actually sign players from other clubs? 

Edit:

On second thoughts, just going to answer as if to both anyway. I read a fair few football manager communities, I subscribe to sortitoutsi, I've been on the sigames forums for years. I don't think I agree that youth is "joked about every year." Any memes/jokes about FM and youth is just about the fact that their predictions for potential ability are often wrong. But that's hardly surprising how are they supposed to tell which 16 year olds are going to be future pros when professional scouts the world over have no idea. Every year there's a Carlos Fierro that's the best youth player on the game that turns out to be a mid-table MLS talent in years to come in real life. There needs to be a stack of high dynamic potential players in the game to keep it interesting.

I think the youth intake is pretty well done at the moment. Your HOYD's main function is to give you an intake every year. His preferred style of football, his personality and his chosen formations will impact what regens you get, what THEIR personalities are, what positions they play in and what sort of skill sets they get. Your club's youth development (a hidden attribute), youth facilities and reputation impact on the calibre of players you'll get, as does the 'youth level' of the nation you're playing in (also a hidden stat.) For comparison, sim a few seasons at Atleti, Real or Barca and then sim a few seasons at Cefn Druids and compare the intakes. 

But if you are letting your HOYD sign young players from other clubs, as in try and poach u18 players? I mean, I don't really know what you're going to expect. That's always going to be shit and probably quite rightly otherwise it'd basically be a cheatcode. It's not what the HOYD is intended to be for, quite frankly. If this is what you're talking about then, whilst I think that's largely on you, there is an element I would kinda agree with and that's that the AI is inherently bad in the transfer market. It makes it's signings largely based on reputation as far as I can tell and isn't very good. It's actually one of my least favourite things about the game but actually not in the way you intend, it's actually how shit your rival clubs are in the transfer market meaning that the game always ends up being too easy because whilst you're signing the best PA regens from all round the world or googling for Wonderkid shortlists like your life depends on it, Man City are out there just binging on every over-rated muppet with a high reputation regardless of the fact he's a centre forward with 10 finishing or something.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 3

Galatasaray draw and we win to put us top by 1 point with 1 game left... our opponents? Home to Trabzonspor in 2nd.

Galatasaray are at home against Hatayspor in 10th, and Sivasspor are away at Alanyaspor in 7th.

We also have to play Galatasaray in the Cup Final before that last league game

image.png.5a48e35678b97cd8f12ea8f9a37fa72c.png

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1