Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2022

Into my second season with Leicester now, both have occurred Ndidi wanting a new contract with a release clause massively below his current market value, so with me declining, which then results in him getting upset and half the squad thinking I've treated him unfairly, then our morale and our results take a massive dive. No matter what I seem to say in these bloody 1 on 1 meetings with the players it always seem to result in a negative outcome, guess that's because I'm used to FM Touch all these years.

4 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Into my second season with Leicester now, both have occurred Ndidi wanting a new contract with a release clause massively below his current market value, so with me declining, which then results in him getting upset and half the squad thinking I've treated him unfairly, then our morale and our results take a massive dive. No matter what I seem to say in these bloody 1 on 1 meetings with the players it always seem to result in a negative outcome, guess that's because I'm used to FM Touch all these years.

only thing I can suggest is next time get in there early with a contract offer before he comes looking for one. I always used to get more favorable terms that way.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

its all part of the negotiation. leave it as long as you can, hopefully you can get a deal on your terms, and if not, let him walk. then the others will know in future you cant be strongarmed

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Never offer a contract when a player is Wnt, wait for after windows when interest dies. Try and offer them when form is good and you're as far up the table as possible. If you can afford to wait, wait til you qualify for CL. 

I got all of Leicester's best players to sign extensions without any clauses at all. It's just about timing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh and one thing you can do, if signing with a release clause is your only option, do it. For six months or so the player won't be interested in leaving because he's signed a new contract so you should be safe. Then just offer him a new deal without the clause when your situation is better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I finished 10th in my first season, was pretty disappointing but I did win the Carabao Cup so got into the Euro Conference League. I decided to keep Vardy around purely for those games and the occasional earlier cup round game, I sold Iheanacho and use mostly Daka in the League, although will use Barnes uptop in case of an emergency.

Qualified through the last round of qualifying. Got drawn into a group with Malmo, AEK Larnakas (Cyprus) and Shkendija (North Macedonia). So far Vardy has scored 17 goals in 6 games lol After 4 games in the group I'm top with 12 points and a +28 GD, Malmo are bottom with 0 points and a -26 GD. Hoping for top 6/7 in the league this season and getting to the final of the Conference League are a minimum.

1 hour ago, turlo said:

Does anyone know if it's possible to get the breakdown of goals and assists for individual players like you can on a team level?  can't see any options for this under player analysis, only the fancy charts

image.thumb.png.0cb36fa16135ebef23abc5eeedfa9ee4.png

Good question. I don't think so; but you can see some stats depending on position they were playing?

I tend to get this sort of information from 'feel' from just watching the actual games on extended highlights, but I can see that would be useful if you don't want every highlight

• Like 1

Getting pissed off with constantly losing games where I've got a much higher xG. I played Oldham in the cup the ***** had 0.01 xG and they still scored, I had about 8 and we only won 3-1. I think I've won 1 game in two seasons where I've had a lower xG, every other game I've had a higher xG but still lose loads. I lost 6-5 to Lyon in the QF of the Conference League, I hit the woodwork 4 times in the first leg and 3 times in the second...

Just coming to the end of my season season, will hopefully finish in the top 4 and can then sign a new GK to replace Kasper, a new CB to replace Evans and let Vardy retire gracefully, already got Moukoko as his long term replacement. I won the Carabao Cup again btw, two seasons in a row.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

47 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Getting pissed off with constantly losing games where I've got a much higher xG. I played Oldham in the cup the ***** had 0.01 xG and they still scored, I had about 8 and we only won 3-1. I think I've won 1 game in two seasons where I've had a lower xG, every other game I've had a higher xG but still lose loads. I lost 6-5 to Lyon in the QF of the Conference League, I hit the woodwork 4 times in the first leg and 3 times in the second...

Just coming to the end of my season season, will hopefully finish in the top 4 and can then sign a new GK to replace Kasper, a new CB to replace Evans and let Vardy retire gracefully, already got Moukoko as his long term replacement. I won the Carabao Cup again btw, two seasons in a row.

1 win in my last 9 games meant I dropped out of the top 4 on the final day...

At least the game is realistic to real life eh...

I'm ****ing fuming lol

• Like 1

we slogged it through all the preliminary rounds and eventually got into the europa league group stage! 

unknown.png

unknown.png

they better improve the facilities now! 

image.png.be7a65a5637e3d42ebd031b72561a80f.png

what a group that is. we're going to get spanked but it will be fun. will probably be my final season here before i move on.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Also, every game has about 4 VAR decisions FFS, **** off.

Have they at least improved the VAR in this years game? on FM21 you could guarantee that EVERY offside check would result in a disallowed goal. The only time there was any unpredictability in the VAR decisions was when there was a foul on the edge of the box. 

12 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

What style of football are you playing, what does your tactic look like, what sort of chances are you creating? Who are you playing in what positions?

None of what you've described is my experience with the game this year tbf. It's quite likely tactical.