Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2022

5 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

Have they at least improved the VAR in this years game? on FM21 you could guarantee that EVERY offside check would result in a disallowed goal. The only time there was any unpredictability in the VAR decisions was when there was a foul on the edge of the box. 

They have, I've had a couple although from watching initially they look clearly onside so not much of a surprise they were given but the initial dread of it flashing up but not being disallowed did catch me off guard

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

What style of football are you playing, what does your tactic look like, what sort of chances are you creating? Who are you playing in what positions?

None of what you've described is my experience with the game this year tbf. It's quite likely tactical.

Agree, have to say I've found scoring goals no issue at all! Got Lyndon ****ing Dykes on 20 goals in 12 games for QPR lol 

I've had to be clever to keep things tight at the other end though.... actually tweaked your Leicester tactic for QPR with some different CB and CM roles and it seems to have increased the clean sheets a bit in the champ! 

21 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

1 win in my last 9 games meant I dropped out of the top 4 on the final day...

At least the game is realistic to real life eh...

I'm ****ing fuming lol

Right, so Arsenal who beat me to 4th on the last day, have now activated Tielemans CL club release clause and purchased him for 77m :facepalm: Just purchased Declan Rice as a replcaement :ph34r:

10 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

Have they at least improved the VAR in this years game? on FM21 you could guarantee that EVERY offside check would result in a disallowed goal. The only time there was any unpredictability in the VAR decisions was when there was a foul on the edge of the box. 

Yeah, it's probably about 60/40 in favour of allowed now.

10 hours ago, Finnegan said:

What style of football are you playing, what does your tactic look like, what sort of chances are you creating? Who are you playing in what positions?

None of what you've described is my experience with the game this year tbf. It's quite likely tactical.

8 hours ago, Beliall said:

yeah lets have a look at your tactic please

I have attached the tactic I have been using, any advice is welcome.

I still think 5th is pretty good for my squad, especially when Daka isn't exactly amazing and Moukoko is young. I reckon if I signed another couple of class players I'd easily make 4th, but we'll see.

433_FM22.fmf

Got off to a great start in my Leicester save. Conceded from a set piece after 3 minutes in the first game of the season, went 3-1 up then brought Vestergaard on with 5 minutes to go  (Fofana injured) and conceded 2 late goals down to Vestergaard errors! Finally some realism in this game

7 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

I've pretty much given up on this now as broken / too easy. I don't know if I've just learnt to game it and got a bit too old for it.

Taken the interest out of it for me with how easy it seems to be

Might have to start setting myself rules in saves like only youth players etc. to actually make it a bit harder

7 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

I've pretty much given up on this now as broken / too easy. I don't know if I've just learnt to game it and got a bit too old for it.

If you've never done it, give South America a go obviously avoiding the big two if you're finding it all too easy. Thinking about it avoid Colombia as well, if you become successful you'll play around 80 odd games a season there. Chile is probably the most European like in that it doesn't have average points to decide relegation, although the directors take a big chunk of any cash you make.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

Just now, Beliall said:

yeah me. i only use the workshop for set pieces because i  cant be arsed

I'm genuinely interested to see if people download tactics or look at the best players to sign. It just seems pointless to me if you're going to cheat by using proven tactics or signing the same players, I don't get where the enjoyment comes from.

I've just finished a 3 season Leamington save. First season I couldn't sign anyone due to budgets, second season I relased a few and managed to bring in a few good players and got into the play offs. 3rd season I hadmy wage budget ut from 6k to 3.5k a week, lost most of my team and got sacked after losing the first 8 games lol

That to me is infinitely more enjoyable than downloading some tactics and basically clicking continue just waiting for the inevitable success to come.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, filbertway said:

So does anyone actually play this game without copying what other people do?

Yep.

Don't get involved in training at all, dont think I've ever clicked onto the screen.

Leave pre-season friendlies to the Assistant Manager.

Don't watch any highlights.

Just won back to back FA Cups and the Europa League with Brighton. Definitely an easier version this year!

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

So does anyone actually play this game without copying what other people do?

Oh yeah massively.

I'm a pretty terrible gamer, there aren't many games I can claim to be in any kind of top % of really if I'm honest. I'm shit at FIFA, I'm maybe above average at COD but not exceptional, but I've had an aptitude for FM for a pretty long time.

I create my own tactics, make my own signings and have done since I started playing.

• Like 2

Same as above. Its just easy this year. I ignore training altogether, aside from putting together good coaches; I like that part.

I set my own tactics and player instructions and I scout my own players and set my own set piece routines. I discovered the near post thing a bit by accident.

I wouldn't judge someone who downloaded a custom tactic, training schedule or shortlist of players though. Everyone can play the game how they want to enjoy it. I go through stages of being very in to it and then stages of not playing at all, but when I am playing it, I'm fully engrossed. For me, downloading a tactic from someone else just denies me the challenge and part of what I enjoy. 

Its just an easy iteration of it. Partly, probably, because the AI is so bad at actually managing its side. You might expect Guardiola and Man City to make big high profile signings and also invest in youth, but in this game, they seem to make absolute nonsensical decisions. That said, buying Grealish irl when they probably wanted a striker is a pretty good example of what I'm condemning FM2022 for! I did see that Liverpool in one game had collected 5 keepers who all had a shout at starting and eventually ended with multiple highly paid keepers unregistered whilst they were playing some really mediocre full backs. Its just a bit weird and (in my opinion) immersion breaking. Not sure why that's a first this year; maybe I just got too old for it.

• Like 1

I make my own signings and do my own tactics - sometimes maybe using some of the presets and changing them a little but I've never downloaded a tactic. I've looked online in the past at tactics as a little bit of a guidance but no more than that. I very rarely bother with training beyond getting in the coaching staff with the right attributes - which allows me to build basically the best coaching staff in the league with ease on virtually every save I ever play in, it's too easy to do this.

I'm only three seasons into FM22 so far at Deportivo. First season in the third tier I won the league, second season I finished 9th but that was because of a piss poor start in which I was using a clearly very flawed tactic, changed it to something a bit more sensible, aka, a really bog standard 4-3-3 with a bit of aggression and I knew probably by January of that season that I'd go up next year. Lo and behold, third season, I've won the league with 93 points. I find keeping it quite simple, a little boring almost in lower leagues is overly powerful and it has been for a couple of versions now. No idea how I'll get on in La Liga but I wouldn't be surprised if I was top half.

On 21 I took FC Annecy, a tiny club in France to Ligue 1 and in my first season up there finished 8th with comfortably the leagues worst squad. I don't think I'm some genius at the game, I always flunk it with Leicester so there is that, but I must say on both 21 and even at times on 22 I've felt things were slightly simpler than they should be. My home record in the last season was absurd - 19-1-1, just feels a little unrealistic if anything. I'd have won it by comfortably more points as well if it wasn't for my goalkeeper going on a bizarrely bad early run, we kept dominating games, beating teams quite comfortably on xg yet losing 2-1 or something.

Maybe it'll have changed a bit with an update but I have my doubts.