Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2022

as far as training goes, i tend to let the staff take care of it, but i will take over training on youth prospects and for particular games. if start conceding set pieces a lot ill do 2 weeks of training on that, or some specific match prep for a big game. for example, playing european preliminary rounds in pre season, my staff dont change the schedule from pre season, so i have to set up match practice myself. 

I assign individual training myself. 

I usually let my AM run group training. I didn't always, back when training was sliders I used to do my own routines. 

When they bought out the latest version of training I pretty much just sighed. I've got no idea who thought that would be fun, it's far too much like my old job (I used to be a resource planner) - it even resembles the software we used. 

I took over at first and made loads of my own schedules but I didn't really notice any impact compared to when the AI ran it. 

There's a few parts of the game that just aren't fun at all and I let my staff take charge. These are:

Hiring/firing/renewing reserve & youth staff 

Managing friendlies 

Group coaching 

"Tactical briefings"

Tunnel interviews 

Reserve player contracts

Press conferences for league cup games or end season dead rubbers

Press conferences for champions league draws 

Finding youth loans 

Miss me with all that shit. 

Regards the youth stuff - anyone with actual potential to be in the first team, I hold in the senior squad and manage directly although if they're totally not ready to play I'll enable them playing for the u23s or whatever. But all those 2.5/3* no hopers the AI can deal with idgaf. 

Edited by Finnegan

On 22/11/2021 at 16:41, Cardiff_Fox said:

Doing the Liechtenstein thing at the mo with Schaan.

Two seasons; piece of piss but still only at 5th tier of Swiss football for next season. Had a heartbreaking 2-1 loss to Vaduz in the Cup final which would have got us in the Conf League and laughing with money. 

National team:- the Nations League D promoted but the qualifications are incredibly hard. I play friendlies against beatable opponents because it’s all about to trying to improve my ranking for the pots. There is probably about three decentish youngsters come through in Year 2. Could do with a striker really. Defence will be good in two to three years. Couple of handy wingers too

Fourth Season a lot harder now we are at a semi-professional level and first season to settle, lower mid-table. The next level is the first National level of the Swiss League. Balzers, one of the Liechtenstein teams beat Vaduz in the Cup, so played in Conf League which has cashed them. Anyone whose played the non league add on's can vouch how difficult it is to keep financially right when you have non-contract and part-time players if you have average crowds. The Cup becomes so important. Squad needs an overhaul in attacking areas but I am trying to keep faith with young Liechtenstein players to progress. Your squad needs to be large too because the insane schedules of the winter/regional cups. 

National Team - World Cup Qualifiers were a waste of time. Stayed up in Nations League C and got a good win over Belarus plus a point from Bulgaria. The defence has progressed as hoped - one of the players, 18 yr old is at Bayern Munich now and there's a couple more what will progress to a top 4 league. Wingers and strikers are top Swiss league level now. Short of CMs now though. Aim is to finish 4th or 3rd best in the Euro qualifiers now. Hitting ranking highs now but it's still at the 160 mark. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

53 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I assign individual training myself. 

I usually let my AM run group training. I didn't always, back when training was sliders I used to do my own routines. 

When they bought out the latest version of training I pretty much just sighed. I've got no idea who thought that would be fun, it's far too much like my old job (I used to be a resource planner) - it even resembles the software we used. 

I took over at first and made loads of my own schedules but I didn't really notice any impact compared to when the AI ran it. 

There's a few parts of the game that just aren't fun at all and I let my staff take charge. These are:

Hiring/firing/renewing reserve & youth staff 

Managing friendlies 

Group coaching 

"Tactical briefings"

Tunnel interviews 

Reserve player contracts

Press conferences for league cup games or end season dead rubbers

Press conferences for champions league draws 

Finding youth loans 

Miss me with all that shit. 

Regards the youth stuff - anyone with actual potential to be in the first team, I hold in the senior squad and manage directly although if they're totally not ready to play I'll enable them playing for the u23s or whatever. But all those 2.5/3* no hopers the AI can deal with idgaf. 

This is eerily accurate to what I do and don't do. I go through individual training (which I missed off) but nothing special.

Do you guys take advice from your assistant regarding opposition tactics? Everytime I follow it I seem to play worse and fail to win the game.

I'm still having mixed results with my Leicester team, can't crack the top 4. Need a better striker than Daka, but can't sign anyone better as they all want Champions League football, it's well annoying.

I really don't like the full version of this, I much preferred the Touch, I haven't got the time to dedicate hours upon hours to it, maybe that's why I'm failing and not enjoying it half as much as I used to.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Do you guys take advice from your assistant regarding opposition tactics? Everytime I follow it I seem to play worse and fail to win the game.

I'm still having mixed results with my Leicester team, can't crack the top 4. Need a better striker than Daka, but can't sign anyone better as they all want Champions League football, it's well annoying.

you have to treat it like any other advice you might get in real life. stick to your own plan but if things are not working maybe choose one piece of advice and try it. i generally ignore him apart from minor changes occasionally. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I mean, Iheanacho is solid.

Karim Adeyemi will join season one, Gabriel Barbosa is a personal favourite of mine. Neither of those should cost much more than 20 early enough in the game. 

Dortmund are weirdly willing to give up Moukoko who doesn't seen to understand how much potential he has and will leave their B team for your first team football. Probably about 40 odd? He and Adeyemi are probably the best strikers a top half Prem team can sign before the regens kick in. 

You can pick up Lorenzo Lucca in season one for less than 10. He's got pretty balanced stats for such a big kid, he's also got very high dynamic potential and will always improve even if he "rolls low" at the start (same for the two Germans above.)

I'd have a scout with high judging potential watch at least four or six (do it in lot of two) games each for Martin Satriano, Dane Scarlett, Fabio Silva, Benjamin Sesko and Joao Pedro. Chances are, the highest potential rated of those is going to be world class with enough game time. 

Adeyemi and Moukoko are the two you really want though. Even if they roll their minimum potential they'll still end up being better than Vards is at game start. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Karim Adeyemi will join season one, Gabriel Barbosa is a personal favourite of mine. Neither of those should cost much more than 20 early enough in the game. 

Dortmund are weirdly willing to give up Moukoko who doesn't seen to understand how much potential he has and will leave their B team for your first team football. Probably about 40 odd? He and Adeyemi are probably the best strikers a top half Prem team can sign before the regens kick in. 

You can pick up Lorenzo Lucca in season one for less than 10. He's got pretty balanced stats for such a big kid, he's also got very high dynamic potential and will always improve even if he "rolls low" at the start (same for the two Germans above.)

I'd have a scout with high judging potential watch at least four or six (do it in lot of two) games each for Martin Satriano, Dane Scarlett, Fabio Silva, Benjamin Sesko and Joao Pedro. Chances are, the highest potential rated of those is going to be world class with enough game time. 

Adeyemi and Moukoko are the two you really want though. Even if they roll their minimum potential they'll still end up being better than Vards is at game start. 

I sold Iheanacho, signed Moukoko and Vardy retired. I think Moukoko will come good next season but for this season he’s decent but nothing more. I’ll have a browse at Adeyemi so cheers. 

The thing I find annoying is teams like Man City have Haaland, United Mbappe, Liverpool have class ones aswell, Chelsea Lukaku etc. As soon as I play these teams they wipe the floor with me 

4 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I think Moukoko will come good next season but for this season he’s decent but nothing more. I’ll have a browse at Adeyemi so cheers. 

Honestly with these two you just want to play them. They're good enough that if your tactics are strong enough they'll be scoring on the regular and the more they play, in the better form, the faster they'll develop. They'll both improve massively if given the chance. 

The AI might have signed the big boys but they're usually wasting them. I've never seen Haaland or Mbappe put up the kind of numbers you as the player can get out of a supposedly "lesser" striker with the right formation.

• Like 1

Close to just starting again, getting fed up.

Just played Leeds, their xG = 0.51, my xG = 3.14.

The score, 3-1 to Leeds. Just keeps happening, must be my tactics, gonna start afresh soon. Annoyingly my laptop is pretty slow playing the full version as well, debating buying another one next year (originally I only intended to play Touch year on year).

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Close to just starting again, getting fed up.

Just played Leeds, their xG = 0.51, my xG = 3.14.

The score, 3-1 to Leeds. Just keeps happening, must be my tactics, gonna start afresh soon. Annoyingly my laptop is pretty slow playing the full version as well, debating buying another one next year (originally I only intended to play Touch year on year).

Won 6 games in a row since this post FFS lol 9 wins in 10 games.

lol I love game designers. Without fail, no matter what the game, the same thing happens. When something needs nerfing - instead of toning it down a bit - nerf it to oblivion.

I haven't scored a single goal from a corner since the patch. Haha. I can't say I particularly mind that much but it is amusing that I've got from peak Stoke City to Leicester City 2020.

• Haha 1

Does anything other than gegenpress work on this? Been a few years since I've properly played this and I'm a lower table side. Thought I'd try some counter attacking, direct type tactics because my players are a bit shit but got a bit of pace down the wibgs but I can't buy a win. Googled it and literally everything is about gegenpress. I'm a shite team in Uruguay with players who just about know what a football is. I'm not sure it's very realistic.

Sometimes feel like you have to tick the right boxes to have any success. What if I want to play route one, lump it up football? Is there an actual method of playing that would make you the best route one, Big Sam, team going or am I resigned to having to go gegenpres rock and roll football just because it's in vogue at the minute? Feel like you shouldn't be forced to play a certain way to win on this and it feels like that's how it's going.

20211211192228_1.thumb.jpg.1574e52c28d3420cf2f710ad76ed2845.jpg

Non league is so much easier when you can just get amazing youth prospects that are out of contract at the end of every season.

About time we outdid our XG seeing how at the start of this season we couldn't score at all despite being in +1.5 to +2

Think Rodgers should try this formation, have enough midfielders and strikers for it lol

Edited by TheMightySystem

Some fairly laughable signings from top clubs. I've noticed Atalanta weirdly buy up some decent players but some of the top clubs, deary me.

Man City: Patrick Berg (he's a reasonable bargain for a PL side but come on), Kepa, Che Adams (they paid £14mil for him on loan then another £30mil for permanent!!!)

Liverpool: Stuart Dallas

Man Utd: A load of wingers who are about Villa level, Buendia, Mbemba

Chelsea: Again, just a load of really average PL level players - a couple of them I genuinely wouldn't bother with at Deportivo and it's my first season up

Barcelona: Jack Stacey

Real Madrid: Mbemba, Rafa Mir, Coates, Marusic

Similar to the above, can’t quite understand why the AI signs nobody for Newcastle in the first window… at all… three different saves this has been the case….then they get someone like Ten Haag in who ends up getting sacked in November because he’s having to try and make their dross play well lol 

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Similar to the above, can’t quite understand why the AI signs nobody for Newcastle in the first window… at all… three different saves this has been the case….then they get someone like Ten Haag in who ends up getting sacked in November because he’s having to try and make their dross play well lol 

Tbf the AI very rarely does much in window one. You could go in to the editor, set the reputation for a bunch of - let's say - Serie A teams to 9999, then make the reputation of Serie A 200. Then give all the clubs in Serie A a budget of like idk 300m.

You'd find most of them would make one or two small transfers at most in that first window, if that. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah it's a fvcking state. For me, it's the biggest weakness of the series. It's what really keeps the game easy. 

Yep. Man City also signed Che Adams in mine, but paid nearly £60mn. He'd played about 5 games in the first season due to an injury and then they paid that.

Dallas also for me seems to be a fairly typical big money target for one of the big 6. Its all a bit bonkers. 

They will also hoard one position whilst routinely failing to address where they actually do have a weakness? Injuries meaning you have no fit left back.... loan for a left back with option to buy? Nope! Another keeper who expects to start? Yes.

On 09/12/2021 at 13:27, Finnegan said:

Vlahovic is the one. Costs a fair bit but he's just so well rounded; scoring more than a goal a game for me. Moukoko is probably the aspiration outside of Mbappe/Haaland as you say, even at his worst, he'll still be a world class striker but at his best potential, he's a joke.

13 hours ago, AjcW said:

Same in most of the saves i've done. They bring a top manager who gets sacked by Christmas, then they go crazy in the January window. They spent 35 mill on Solly March in my Brighton save, who was hardly getting a game at the time