Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2022

bit of a conundrum here. my FM crashed after a match so i had to replay a game i won, i saved beforehand to scum it to get the win again because thats fair, except, this time i won by 3 goals instead of 1, and TNS drew, so i have a 2 point lead at the top now instead of being level on points. should i play it again till both i and tns win?

25 minutes ago, Beliall said:

bit of a conundrum here. my FM crashed after a match so i had to replay a game i won, i saved beforehand to scum it to get the win again because thats fair, except, this time i won by 3 goals instead of 1, and TNS drew, so i have a 2 point lead at the top now instead of being level on points. should i play it again till both i and tns win?

Will you feel cheap if you win the league? 

• Like 1

1st season with Coalville Town and we run away with the title and win the Southern League Cup!

3 strikers all getting 20+ goals, Billy Kee and Tim Berridge smashing it as expected, Tommy Caffrey a great 3rd striker, and Ollie Sims and Luke Shaw picking up plenty of assists

Our first XI is great for non league level, really need to improve our back ups though, not quite good enough

image.thumb.png.1bcf394c9aa9f53e81f75f7026677463.png

image.thumb.png.9eb4de893f542162836d9727b1348962.png

• Like 2

Bought this earlier on today. Started a Schalke save as I thought it'd be pretty interesting with them being in the German 2nd division. They're finances are insanely bad (approx 250m in debt if I remember correctly) but fortunately their squad is pretty good for this division. Won my 1st 3 games in the league but rotated heavily in the cup and got knocked out in the 1st round so the strength in depth really isn't there. Will be interesting to see how a couple of the youngsters get on later on down the line.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ian W LCFC said:

Bought this earlier on today. Started a Schalke save as I thought it'd be pretty interesting with them being in the German 2nd division. They're finances are insanely bad (approx 250m in debt if I remember correctly) but fortunately their squad is pretty good for this division. Won my 1st 3 games in the league but rotated heavily in the cup and got knocked out in the 1st round so the strength in depth really isn't there. Will be interesting to see how a couple of the youngsters get on later on down the line.

probably a blessing, in my first season i focus on the league anyway. squads never good enough to compete on multiple fronts unless you're a top team

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

1st season with Coalville Town and we run away with the title and win the Southern League Cup!

3 strikers all getting 20+ goals, Billy Kee and Tim Berridge smashing it as expected, Tommy Caffrey a great 3rd striker, and Ollie Sims and Luke Shaw picking up plenty of assists

Our first XI is great for non league level, really need to improve our back ups though, not quite good enough

image.thumb.png.1bcf394c9aa9f53e81f75f7026677463.png

image.thumb.png.9eb4de893f542162836d9727b1348962.png

The squad has had a serious overhaul !

Just now, Lcfc82 said:

The squad has had a serious overhaul !

Yeah it is a bit of thing I have an issue with at this level, because it is just so easy to move players in and out haha

Also very easy at around November to pick up the free players who haven't found clubs yet, and to start picking up players from other clubs on non-contracts

Blew the league after being 3 points clear with 6 to go in the second season of my Leicester save!

Vardy still scoring for fun aged 36 so going to extend his contract for 1 more season and use him as an impact sub, giving Daka a go as the first choice striker in the EPL. Daka did really well in the cups fixtures and off the bench  but didn't score on a regular basis when I gave him a run of starts in the EPL. 

image.png.d3d981a13187f0e20a9a6542e71e9eed.png

image.thumb.png.3d1169ed812f223c39c01e7f28c645b4.png

image.thumb.png.6398cd6cad24cbb970a6e974e280f30a.pngimage.thumb.png.73110f9e0a34878cd7b9719d5db10369.png

image.thumb.png.38753d5c38d985c823d3b3c12a689dd2.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Beliall said:

probably a blessing, in my first season i focus on the league anyway. squads never good enough to compete on multiple fronts unless you're a top team

Very true, promotion is so important with the way the clubs finances are. Got a couple of good loans in, Fabio Silva from Wolves came in on deadline day and I don't have to pay Wolves a penny for him.

• Like 1

Managed my last game in Wales. got 6 more points than last season but still lost the title by a fair bit. TNS with no european football are unbeatable. and we lost the welsh cup final to boot, 1-0 after ET. still, 5 years here, did ok, 2 cups and a league, got my rep up to 3.5 and got all but one of my badges. time to join a club i can take somewhere. have loaded up a few leagues on each continent that will go active soon

image.png.67c17b2aabc47263b08ac8885559a76a.png

image.png.ee50de13651800277bb8694913c39b2b.png

image.thumb.png.25f82f1d46484a27a25bb78c4934eea6.png

I wasnt expecting so many of the boys to follow me out. kinda feel bad for Cefn now. place is empty

Edited by Beliall

37 minutes ago, Ian W LCFC said:

I've always been intrigued to see what it's like managing one of the youth/B teams

well so far i have had 2 players removed from my squad because they scored goals and ancellotti was all , ill take those guys, thanks.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

You can take who you like from the youth sides though can't you? 

yeah but honestly they are surprisingly shite. im working on a new tactic and system that will allow me to drop in and replace players at will depending on who i have, knowing that as soon as they find some form i will lose them. its an interesting challenge. also the potential star ratings are bugged on the tactic screen for some reason, so i have to examine each player to see if they are worth investing time in

1 hour ago, Beliall said:

yeah but honestly they are surprisingly shite. im working on a new tactic and system that will allow me to drop in and replace players at will depending on who i have, knowing that as soon as they find some form i will lose them. its an interesting challenge. also the potential star ratings are bugged on the tactic screen for some reason, so i have to examine each player to see if they are worth investing time in

Ah yeah the star ability will be skewed because doesn't it compare them to players at the club overall, like if you do one with England's Under 21's for example it compares them to the seniors.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Ah yeah the star ability will be skewed because doesn't it compare them to players at the club overall, like if you do one with England's Under 21's for example it compares them to the seniors.

the potential is the same as current for all players on the tactic screen, but fine when i view the players. its a minor issue but annoying when i dont yet know the team

2nd season and Coalville have made it into the FA Cup 3rd Round!

Beat Hartlepool and Barnet on the way, both of which are in the league above

Now to hope we get a big away draw for a big pay day

image.thumb.png.a4180f307b5c3bacf0ae8e8ade1bdbe3.png

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3