Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2022

Started a save with St Albans, beginning in National League South.

Got promoted in the first season, when the objective was to avoid relegation!

Was offered a job at Southend in the National League after I got relegated with St Albans from that league. Accepted it but weirdly it said I'll take over from end of the next season. So I was still at St Albans, couldn't make any changes or transfers or board requests. Basically couldn't manage. Then Southend hired another manager who's contract went beyond my original start date so that's when I knew something was up lol

Resigned from St Albans in the midst of that, and was then offered Fleetwood Town's job, in League One. They were just above relegation zone around Oct when I was hired, and managed to get them up to 9th, just missing out on play-offs. They had a wonderkid on loan from Leicester...

image.thumb.png.dba1ecfe382943e6258f3b40264b9dbc.png

At League One level he was far too good. Tried to get him to renew the loan for another season but understandably they're having none of it.

Now with Fleetwood in 2nd season, inconsistency still at the fore.

Worst thing?

Dewsbury-Hall has left Leicester to play for Nottm Forest, also in League One :( 

monkey-computer.gif

Don't think I have seen this in any of my saves on FM22 so far, Vardy retiring at the end of the 2022/23 season in my Coalville Town save

I had a look and no long term injuries "making the decision"

26 appearances in the current season with 13 goals and 2 assists with 6 league games left

Also has a contract until 2024

image.png.5db9433888bb07583e7ab541efa7dbf2.png

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Don't think I have seen this in any of my saves on FM22 so far, Vardy retiring at the end of the 2022/23 season in my Coalville Town save

I had a look and no long term injuries "making the decision"

26 appearances in the current season with 13 goals and 2 assists with 6 league games left

Also has a contract until 2024

image.png.5db9433888bb07583e7ab541efa7dbf2.png

im sure this kind of thing is just random

2nd season with Coalville Town and yet another promotion as Champions but this time we got pushed all the way by Gloucester!

Season also included a good cup run to the FA Cup Round where we valiantly fell to a 2-1 defeat to Man City which was a massive financial boost for the club

Billy Kee stepping up again with 23 goals, Berridge with 15 and the back ups with 9 each. New signings on either winging smashing it also with McDaid and Walker with 13 and 11 assists.

Had a bit of an issue this season with players complaining about game time as I didn't really feel I could rotate a lot, and we now have 5 players that want to leave and 3 players still complaining

Could be a fair bit of squad change in the upcoming summer!

An additional £5k on the wage budget should be enough to improve the squad as needed as I am still quite happy with my main starting 11, although might be time to find a new partner for Kee and maybe a new keeper

Foster - Titov, Bajrami, Bird, Butroid - McDaid, Maycock, Mols, Walker - Berridge, Kee

image.thumb.png.f110c65d1a5b5a872cfc80cff4650076.png

image.thumb.png.cd704a4cffbdf56cfec3b5d681cbcbad.png

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

Predicted to be Mansfield's closest rivals for the title this season, even with us only having just been promoted to the VNL

image.png.1469b93c6f91c39ae5c274708fda6628.png

Quite surprised I was able to pick this guy up at this level without any other teams coming in for him, now our highest paid player

image.thumb.png.aae969ab5e875521f2526b0eeb8c856e.png

• Like 1

Feel like goalkeepers on this are just utterly rubbish and it affects your own team more than the opposition. Feel like they've made it easyish to win on xG but you'll drop points because of inefficiency at both ends, more so defending rather than attacking.

Sick of how many games my keeper is rated 6.4 or lower. He's average at this level. Shouldn't be this crap this often.

Edited by Dan LCFC

• 2 weeks later...

Coalville Town are Football League! 3rd season and back to back to back promotions means we are in League Two!

Also managed to pick up the FA Trophy, and somehow another good run in the FA Cup to the 4th Round this time where we bowed out to Arsenal, beating Rochdale (League One), Morecambe and Doncaster (both League Two) along the way

Rodel Richards on an absolute mad one this season with 48 goals and 8 assists in 48 games, but to be fair my entire front 4 was unreal this season

My other striker Wilkinson with 33 goals and 11 assists, and my wingers; Clarke with 8 goals and 24 assists, and Middleton with 15 goals and 24 assists

Some of the players I have managed to sign this season; Richards, Wilkinson, Middleton, Galbraith, Thompson, and Husband have skewed the star ratings of my players quite a bit haha

But this upcoming summer I think I really need to improve the depth across the whole team, and definitely need a new first choice keeper

Might also finally be time to let Billy Kee go... :(

image.thumb.png.bfe61699d134207840492be877fa852a.png

image.thumb.png.deea98a2b982c035fcde8e6bd7985159.png

As we prepare for our first season in League Two, Cambridge may have had a few players available on a free... lol

League Two is quite annoying with the wage cap it has, wage budget of £16k a week for players over the age of 22

Luckily as you can see all my signings were set up at the end of the previous season and before the new one started so we didn't have any restrictions

But now I can't really sign anyone as we can only offer £110 a week on wages lol

Still predicted to finish 2nd in the League though which kind of shows how strong our squad was last season already

image.png.fc763d8cd060bf7373d3179a1f758331.png

image.png.009d58258d237a6440ec38dfd7c9a986.png

Edited by moore_94

On 19/01/2022 at 15:54, Dan LCFC said:

It's too easy again isn't it. I'm seventh season at Deportivo (start in third tier don't forget) and in with a very good chance of winning La Liga.

Boom. Won at an absolute canter despite losing my best player in January. Dunno if I've just come up with a gamebreaking tactic (will share for anyone bothered), whether La Liga's become the absolute pits (it's actually fallen to 5th in coefficient next season) or it's just a bit easy.

I've started the pentagon challenge. The slog of all slogs is coming.

Just reached the winter break in the 2nd season of my Schalke save. Got promoted in season 1 after finishing 2nd, and I've had a great start to the season sitting in 6th! Although a couple of the teams below could leapfrog me with some games in hand.

Club finances are in a very sorry state however a couple of seasons in the Bundesliga, spending sensibly and not going crazy on wages should see that sort it self out eventually. European football would help at some point too! The club even decided to spend some money expanding the stadium!

Managed to get Fabio Silva from Wolves on loan for another season and he's been great.

Also, I did bring in Danny Ward at the end of the transfer window as I decided having 17 year old Luca Podlech as my number 1 keeper might not be the best idea in the 1st season back in the Bundesliga despite him being pretty good and with excellent potential.

Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 19.00.22.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 19.01.08.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 19.02.22.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 19.04.55.png

Edited by Ian W LCFC

In my third season with York, sat 2nd in the Vanarama National. Went into the last game of the season, 3 points behind leaders Southend, but we have substantial better GD. So if they lose and we win, we go up. 

Southend lose their game whilst my players decide to lose their bottle and throw the game away 4-1, our heaviest defeat of the season. Cheers lads. 

24 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

In my third season with York, sat 2nd in the Vanarama National. Went into the last game of the season, 3 points behind leaders Southend, but we have substantial better GD. So if they lose and we win, we go up. 

Southend lose their game whilst my players decide to lose their bottle and throw the game away 4-1, our heaviest defeat of the season. Cheers lads. 

They made up for it by winning the play offs. 

3-0 up at HT against Carlisle. We nearly bottled it again, finished 3-2.

Very difficult season. I had an incredible CM on loan from Norwich who was my leading goalscorer and getting assists galore, but they recalled him halfway through the season as I was playing him as a Mezzala and not an AP.  Even though his contract with them was expiring within 6 months. 

I really need to stop playing, working from home and having Fm22 do not match. 

Does captaincy add pressure to a player?

Weird but my long standing captain of 10+ years retired, gave it one of my best midfielders last season and he had a shocking season. Took it off him and gave it my best striker (he usually scores 15+ goals a season) and now he's having a poor season (1 goal and 3 assists in 12 games)?

Edited by Fox92

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Does captaincy add pressure to a player?

Weird but my long standing captain of 10+ years retired, gave it one of my best midfielders last season and he had a shocking season. Took it off him and gave it my best striker (he usually scores 15+ goals a season) and now he's having a poor season (1 goal and 3 assists in 12 games)?

Has anything come up in the coach reports?  Do they have good leadership and aninfluential member of the squad? 

How do people turn around the mid season slump and poor runs of form? 

I've read that some people arrange friendlies against much lower rated sides to get confidence flowing again, but fixture list is so congested (L2). 

I don't want to tinker with the formation too much, but seems damned if I do, damned if I don't. 

20 hours ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Has anything come up in the coach reports?  Do they have good leadership and aninfluential member of the squad? 

I pick them on hierarchy and he's in the top. Leadership and work rate both 16 I think.

Bit weird it's happened twice but I'm only in December so I'll see how he gets on as the season progresses. 

On 05/02/2022 at 22:54, CollinsLCFC said:

How do people turn around the mid season slump and poor runs of form? 

I've read that some people arrange friendlies against much lower rated sides to get confidence flowing again, but fixture list is so congested (L2). 

I don't want to tinker with the formation too much, but seems damned if I do, damned if I don't. 

In a quite bizarre way, I find if it's because you can't score you're better off playing a bit more defensively and when you can't defend you're better off playing a bit more attacking. Sounds daft but it's surprising how often it works.

Oh and do everything you can to get morale high. If you have team meetings I'd specifically target them, boosting the morale, before your most winnable games.

• Thanks 1