Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2022

54 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Annoyed now considering I've been manager 14 years and suddenly a new board comes in and buys two players I don't even want. Both now the highest paid players at the club!

Look on the bright side - at least it's not Bertrand and Vestergaard. 

• Haha 1

On 13/02/2022 at 09:04, Fox92 said:

Annoyed now considering I've been manager 14 years and suddenly a new board comes in and buys two players I don't even want. Both now the highest paid players at the club!

I had this once at Crewe a few years ago, built a decent young side and some bloke just started signing Italians on stupid money that we didn't need.

On 05/02/2022 at 22:54, CollinsLCFC said:

How do people turn around the mid season slump and poor runs of form? 

I've read that some people arrange friendlies against much lower rated sides to get confidence flowing again, but fixture list is so congested (L2). 

I don't want to tinker with the formation too much, but seems damned if I do, damned if I don't. 

Resign 😂

16 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I had this once at Crewe a few years ago, built a decent young side and some bloke just started signing Italians on stupid money that we didn't need.

16 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I've never had anything like that happen lol always get quite lucky with takeovers, never anything tycoon like but it's usually just a slightly better version of what I already have.

It's a piss take tbh. I was going quite well, 7th in the PL, then he just comes in and buys a winger and a centre half. Both on 125k a week and no other player is on more than 100k!

Lost four in a row now too, so dropped to 10th. It's just disrupted everything. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

It's a piss take tbh. I was going quite well, 7th in the PL, then he just comes in and buys a winger and a centre half. Both on 125k a week and no other player is on more than 100k!

Lost four in a row now too, so dropped to 10th. It's just disrupted everything. 

Did the initial fees come out of his own pocket? That was the only positive on my Crewe one, but their wages still took a chunk out of my budget.

2 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Did the initial fees come out of his own pocket? That was the only positive on my Crewe one, but their wages still took a chunk out of my budget.

Yeah initial fees are his own, he injected 95m. But I think wages just come out the normal budget.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah initial fees are his own, he injected 95m. But I think wages just come out the normal budget.

At least they didn't sack you I've had that before at a different club, think I just moved to Preston as I couldn't be arsed with him signing players we didn't need. 

Also side note is it just me who around Feb kind of loses interest as I'm waiting for the winter update? No point starting a new save as when the update is released I'll delete it anyway.

16 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

At least they didn't sack you I've had that before at a different club, think I just moved to Preston as I couldn't be arsed with him signing players we didn't need. 

Also side note is it just me who around Feb kind of loses interest as I'm waiting for the winter update? No point starting a new save as when the update is released I'll delete it anyway.

As soon as it hits January I don’t usually start any new saves until the winter update

I have started taking a look around at teams to manage when it comes out using a transfer update database

Already have unemployed (currently in Belgium) and English non-league saves (Coalville Town), so might go for a top division team this save - tempted by Rennes and Elche

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

As soon as it hits January I don’t usually start any new saves until the winter update

I have started taking a look around at teams to manage when it comes out using a transfer update database

Already have unemployed (currently in Belgium) and English non-league saves (Coalville Town), so might go for a top division team this save - tempted by Rennes and Elche

I'm currently just bouncing between a long term save in Chile and a save in Scotland. 

After the update I might do Gremio in Brazil as they went down in 2021 so that'll be decent to start in 2022, but Brazil is always a good idea in theory until you've played your 100th game of the calendar year 😂

Back to back promotions as champions with Sunderland but had a really poor summer window ahead of the Prem.

Needed far too much and had a tiny transfer and wage budget.

Don't want to give up principles of outrageous attacking football but don't think we will win a game playing the way we have been in the other leagues lol 

I do get frustrated with the budgets when a team like Sunderland goes up. Massive stadium, season ticket boost, know you're going to get 90m from TV.... but because budgets are set the day you get promoted it's just not realistic. £20m with a 650kp/w wage budget lol 

I'd quite like to see the game introduce Macquarie style loans like prem clubs use IRL, boost the balance and then get a budget to build a squad good enough to maintain what you've built already.

Into my 3rd season with Schalke now. Had a great end to my 1st season in the Bundesliga and we ended up finishing 7th! Meaning we get to play UCL football. I've only made a couple of signings this season as my plan is to try and let everyone else develop and only really target 1 or 2 key positions each window. But I do need to start getting some wonderkids in potentially as my youth intakes haven't been very good so far. (Just brought in a new HOYD so will see if it improves at all).

Made a great start to the season, challenging high up in the league and cruising so far in the UCL group stage (won my 1st 2 matches 5-0 and an 8-0 lol).

Luckily I've been able to keep hold of everyone I've got especially Kabak, and my 4 1st choice defenders are looking unreal at the moment and I've got great depth at CB as I was kind of expecting Kabak to force a move away.

Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 08.25.10.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 08.26.55.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 08.27.20.png

• Like 1

On 17/02/2022 at 12:44, AjcW said:

Back to back promotions as champions with Sunderland but had a really poor summer window ahead of the Prem.

Needed far too much and had a tiny transfer and wage budget.

Don't want to give up principles of outrageous attacking football but don't think we will win a game playing the way we have been in the other leagues lol 

I do get frustrated with the budgets when a team like Sunderland goes up. Massive stadium, season ticket boost, know you're going to get 90m from TV.... but because budgets are set the day you get promoted it's just not realistic. £20m with a 650kp/w wage budget lol 

I'd quite like to see the game introduce Macquarie style loans like prem clubs use IRL, boost the balance and then get a budget to build a squad good enough to maintain what you've built already.

Actually started quite well, 2 wins, 2 losses with a bunch of Children and Championship players lol 

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Same I get annoyed it hasn't come out yet then when it finally does I sit for days starting about 20 new one's 😂

Trying to decide between Elche, Napoli, and Rennes

I usually always do a save every year with both of Elche and Napoli but haven't this year, and I tend to do one with Rennes every couple of years

Had a quick look to see how Leicester's ratings have changed with the new update:

KDH +9CA & +8PA

Daka +5CA & +10PA

Amartey +4CA

Thomas +3CA

Hamza +1CA

Soumare -2CA

Praet -2CA & -2PA

Ricardo -4CA

Bertrand -5CA

Vestergaard - 6CA

Soyuncu -6CA

A lot of our youth players have been given good increases in potential ability ranges including Nelosn +1, Braybrooke +1 and Popov +2.

Overall I feel these changes are pretty fair based on our current season, maybe a little harsh on Ricardo and Bertrand and Vestergaard got off lightly.

1 hour ago, Will1981 said:

Had a quick look to see how Leicester's ratings have changed with the new update:

KDH +9CA & +8PA

Daka +5CA & +10PA

Amartey +4CA

Thomas +3CA

Hamza +1CA

Soumare -2CA

Praet -2CA & -2PA

Ricardo -4CA

Bertrand -5CA

Vestergaard - 6CA

Soyuncu -6CA

A lot of our youth players have been given good increases in potential ability ranges including Nelosn +1, Braybrooke +1 and Popov +2.

Overall I feel these changes are pretty fair based on our current season, maybe a little harsh on Ricardo and Bertrand and Vestergaard got off lightly.

Cheers - I have (as always) considered lots from this thread which is always a massive help, so thank you all again. I never mean to come across defensive in my replies - I love the debate and will always try and fight my corner as we are instructed to do on the more subjective stuff, but I am certainly no expert nor are my opinions gospel!

With Bertrand and Vestergaard it is just too early to take the dagger to them - we have hardly seen either in the league to make a consistent judgement, but they are clearly well off the level of Amartey and Thomas who have been given boosts in the other direction so that they are favoured by the AI instead. Ricardo is unlucky but he has been back for long enough now for me to say he is not quite yet at the elite level he was pre-lockdown, imo.

Pleased to have given a fair rise to several younger players as you say - it's important to be careful with new intakes and players given early chances up the age groups, but I have seen enough of Alves, Braybrooke, Nelson etc. to agree with the consensus that this is a really special bunch.

Worth mentioning I have all of this week's contract news in hand (Ricardo, Justin, youth players) but it was too late to make the cut for this update. I am not 100% sure if it will make the later update (we have been told high profile changes only) but all of that info has been dealt with by SI so we will see.

Cheers!