Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2022

42 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Went to start one in 2022 in Norway with the updated promotions/relegations etc. Annoyingly it doesn't appear to have updated who went up and down (but it acknowledges where teams finished in 2021 on the profile pages) 

You'll bloody love it

On 25/02/2022 at 00:53, tomfmlcfc said:

Pleased to have given a fair rise to several younger players as you say - it's important to be careful with new intakes and players given early chances up the age groups, but I have seen enough of Alves, Braybrooke, Nelson etc. to agree with the consensus that this is a really special bunch.

Might have to start a save with Leicester then! Not done one for years

Edited by Ian W LCFC

Only ever manage in Europe now and have done for like 10 years+, the first time I tried managing off these isles was in Ukraine with Dnipro (I knew about Yevhen Konoplyanka before anybody else, even his parents). My game in Greece a few months back completely fizzled out sadly so I decided i'll return to Ukraine, starting low in the 2nd tier and building up to probably Dynamo Kyiv and see what I can do in Europe. My starting club will be SC Tavriya Simferopol, a club who originally were based in Crimea and won the first edition of the Ukranian Premier League in 1992. From what I understand the club became recognised as Russian after the annexation in 2014/15 and changed their name, with the Ukrainian UFF forming the new club in 2015 based in Kherson. Have loaded up Slovakia and Poland as playable leagues with extra detail in Moldova

54 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Only ever manage in Europe now and have done for like 10 years+, the first time I tried managing off these isles was in Ukraine with Dnipro (I knew about Yevhen Konoplyanka before anybody else, even his parents). My game in Greece a few months back completely fizzled out sadly so I decided i'll return to Ukraine, starting low in the 2nd tier and building up to probably Dynamo Kyiv and see what I can do in Europe. My starting club will be SC Tavriya Simferopol, a club who originally were based in Crimea and won the first edition of the Ukranian Premier League in 1992. From what I understand the club became recognised as Russian after the annexation in 2014/15 and changed their name, with the Ukrainian UFF forming the new club in 2015 based in Kherson. Have loaded up Slovakia and Poland as playable leagues with extra detail in Moldova

I briefly did one with Metalist Kharkiv, who made a return after a few years of not actually being active, but got bored after some Brazilian I had up front scored 50+ league goals 😂

I find South America is where most of my best, long term saves are based. Always a big challenge over throwing the Brazilians and Argentinians continentally and I find you have fewer opinions towards players, clubs etc.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I briefly did one with Metalist Kharkiv, who made a return after a few years of not actually being active, but got bored after some Brazilian I had up front scored 50+ league goals 😂

I find South America is where most of my best, long term saves are based. Always a big challenge over throwing the Brazilians and Argentinians continentally and I find you have fewer opinions towards players, clubs etc.

I would love to make a South American one work but I just can't stomach it lol I opened up the Brazil league on a legacy save a few years ago and joined someone (can't remember who) and didn't make it past day 1. The last meaningful game I had on here I spent 25 years across Scandinavia/Italy then left for the MLS with DC United. Made it as far as the opening day of the season and just thought nah.

Do randomly wanna do Indonesia one day though.

I'm still doing the pentagon challenge. Managing Terengganu in Malaysia which I felt was a bit of a scalp of a job for me to get in my very first one as they were ranked as the 3rd best side in Malaysia but had just gone through a rough patch.

I'm in my fifth season there now, which feels a bit much but I've built my reputation quite a bit, and it's gone really well. Won the league twice and won three cups - I'm actually on course to potentially win five trophies in this season as I've already won the league, their FA Cup and super cup, am in the last 7 (I know) of the Asian equivalent of the Europa League which I give us a decent chance of winning too. We've become almost impossible to beat in Malaysia and have totally walked the league, but I don't think these can ever be good enough to win the AFC Champions League which is the objective. I had an interview at Adelaide United but didn't get it.

I've enjoyed it but I need to leave these now, five years in Malaysia is a bit much.

10 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm still doing the pentagon challenge. Managing Terengganu in Malaysia which I felt was a bit of a scalp of a job for me to get in my very first one as they were ranked as the 3rd best side in Malaysia but had just gone through a rough patch.

I'm in my fifth season there now, which feels a bit much but I've built my reputation quite a bit, and it's gone really well. Won the league twice and won three cups - I'm actually on course to potentially win five trophies in this season as I've already won the league, their FA Cup and super cup, am in the last 7 (I know) of the Asian equivalent of the Europa League which I give us a decent chance of winning too. We've become almost impossible to beat in Malaysia and have totally walked the league, but I don't think these can ever be good enough to win the AFC Champions League which is the objective. I had an interview at Adelaide United but didn't get it.

I've enjoyed it but I need to leave these now, five years in Malaysia is a bit much.

You managed to overthrow Johor is it with the sugar daddy owner?

Edited by Tommy Fresh

19 minutes ago, Stinky said:

I would love to make a South American one work but I just can't stomach it lol I opened up the Brazil league on a legacy save a few years ago and joined someone (can't remember who) and didn't make it past day 1. The last meaningful game I had on here I spent 25 years across Scandinavia/Italy then left for the MLS with DC United. Made it as far as the opening day of the season and just thought nah.

Do randomly wanna do Indonesia one day though.

I'd recommend South America, just avoid Brazil and Colombia as you'll play 80+ games if you're  successful across all competitions. Uruguay and Chile are fun, Chile is pretty good if you want to avoid an opening and closing stage along with the average points system deciding relegation. 

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

You managed to overthrow Johor is it with the sugar daddy owner?

We have done this season. We've seriously got their number and they just can't beat us. We're just stupidly hard to beat at this level, we're predicted 2nd but the AI doesn't seem to have a clue how to break down my 4-1-4-1 - I think we're unbeaten in 38 league games and have let in something like 6 goals in 18 games this season in the league. Johor won the league last season despite our really strong effort, and I had to beat them on the final day the year before.

It's Selangor who seem to give me the most problems. I've won the league this season but still have 5 games to go and I think Selangor away could kill my unbeaten season. I've never won there.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

We have done this season. We've seriously got their number and they just can't beat us. We're just stupidly hard to beat at this level, we're predicted 2nd but the AI doesn't seem to have a clue how to break down my 4-1-4-1 - I think we're unbeaten in 38 league games and have let in something like 6 goals in 18 games this season in the league. Johor won the league last season despite our really strong effort, and I had to beat them on the final day the year before.

It's Selangor who seem to give me the most problems. I've won the league this season but still have 5 games to go and I think Selangor away could kill my unbeaten season. I've never won there.

I've always found the AI is terrible in general at managing sugar daddy clubs. There's so many knocking about in lower league Portugal and very rarely do they achieve much success.

13 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I've always found the AI is terrible in general at managing sugar daddy clubs. There's so many knocking about in lower league Portugal and very rarely do they achieve much success.

I think in general and it's making the game a little simple now. Particularly at this kind of level where they seem to have zero tactical knowhow. I shouldn't be able to get 8 wins and 2 draws from 10 games against a side with 2.5 times our wage budget.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think in general and it's making the game a little simple now. Particularly at this kind of level where they seem to have zero tactical knowhow. I shouldn't be able to get 8 wins and 2 draws from 10 games against a side with 2.5 times our wage budget.

It's like once you get any kind of momentum it's borderline impossible not to win most weeks at times. 

Good challenge albeit a bit frustrating is the Mexican second tier, they've abolished relegation and promotion  until around 2025 I think it is. The second tier is essentially about youth development for that time, with some restrictions on ages etc. 

Finally started my new post winter update save... Hamburg!

Biggest signing was £3m on this guy, totally worth the money

image.thumb.png.f8a60e33361a6a898d1b402125039b80.png

Got some pretty decent looking youth in our 2nd team / youth team at the moment that I am quite looking forward to developing

Started the season underwhelmingly - 21 points from 13 games - 5 of which we drew 0-0 and seemed to struggle to score but we were doing well defensively

For a side meant to be challenging for the title we were already about 10 points behind Hannover and Heidenheim

But now looked to have turned it around and trying to catch up with Heidenheim with Hannover starting to stutter - 22 points from our last 8 games - 21 goals scored, 4 conceded

image.png.22fbacad81a609bd124d35d6d36c151a.png

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

Anyone recommend any good PCs that will play FM like a breeze? I basically googled my question and found a website recommending a few that were around 250-300 quid which surprised me

*ahh they're cheap because theyre refurbs lol

Edited by Stinky

1 hour ago, Stinky said:

Anyone recommend any good PCs that will play FM like a breeze? I basically googled my question and found a website recommending a few that were around 250-300 quid which surprised me

*ahh they're cheap because theyre refurbs lol

Anything with a decent processor and at least 8gb RAM, preferably 16, really.  If you're not after playing any other games then you have the luxury of not being too fussed about the GPU so something brand new for around £500 should be fairly doable.

• Like 1

On 04/03/2022 at 21:18, moore_94 said:

Got some pretty decent looking youth in our 2nd team / youth team at the moment that I am quite looking forward to developing

Started the season underwhelmingly - 21 points from 13 games - 5 of which we drew 0-0 and seemed to struggle to score but we were doing well defensively

For a side meant to be challenging for the title we were already about 10 points behind Hannover and Heidenheim

But now looked to have turned it around and trying to catch up with Heidenheim with Hannover starting to stutter - 22 points from our last 8 games - 21 goals scored, 4 conceded

Ah the Nordsjælland/Right to Dream talent factory some amazing kids knocking about there.

I like the look of Hamburg, but I like St. Pauli more so it always puts me off being them😂

On 04/03/2022 at 11:58, Stinky said:

This was all a lie. I went to load it up before I decided i'll get a new PC first. All set now, went to start it earlier on and found SC Tavriya Simferopol don't exist, at least not in the 2nd tier anyway (Wiki must have been out of date lol) So i've plumped for FC Obolon Kyiv, aka The Brewers. Another club with a strange modern history, they've spent a handful of years in the top tier in their short existence. They play at the 5k capacity Obolon Arena, opposite a motorbike repair shop on Pivnichna Street, My new PC lets me into unseen territory so i've gone absolutely bonkers and added the Romanian AND Hungarian leagues to go with the Slovakian and Polish leagues I had originally planned to go with. My Moldova plan has already paid off as i've signed a player in the international set up (no caps yet) on a free transfer from Unattached FC. Have relied on loans from Dynamo Kyiv for a few other players as the squad was severly lacking depth (and any wingers). Mr Chairman told me to stick it when I asked for a parent club on my first day. Still plan on eventually landing at Dynamo Kiev, possibly via your average Ukrainian PL side. Won my first friendly 4-0 despite being the poorer side, and drew 1-1 in my second friendly, again being slightly outplayed, so thats a bit concerning. Cancelling my friendly against Kr*snodar which was originally due to be my first match was definitely the correct decision

On 09/03/2022 at 21:39, Stinky said:

This was all a lie. I went to load it up before I decided i'll get a new PC first. All set now, went to start it earlier on and found SC Tavriya Simferopol don't exist, at least not in the 2nd tier anyway (Wiki must have been out of date lol) So i've plumped for FC Obolon Kyiv, aka The Brewers. Another club with a strange modern history, they've spent a handful of years in the top tier in their short existence. They play at the 5k capacity Obolon Arena, opposite a motorbike repair shop on Pivnichna Street, My new PC lets me into unseen territory so i've gone absolutely bonkers and added the Romanian AND Hungarian leagues to go with the Slovakian and Polish leagues I had originally planned to go with. My Moldova plan has already paid off as i've signed a player in the international set up (no caps yet) on a free transfer from Unattached FC. Have relied on loans from Dynamo Kyiv for a few other players as the squad was severly lacking depth (and any wingers). Mr Chairman told me to stick it when I asked for a parent club on my first day. Still plan on eventually landing at Dynamo Kiev, possibly via your average Ukrainian PL side. Won my first friendly 4-0 despite being the poorer side, and drew 1-1 in my second friendly, again being slightly outplayed, so thats a bit concerning. Cancelling my friendly against Kr*snodar which was originally due to be my first match was definitely the correct decision

Season of two halves so far. Had a record of W10 D3 from my first 13 games to have a slight lead over Krvybas, 7pt lead over 3rd place Metalist and 11pt lead over 5th place. Top two go up automatically and I think 3rd and 4th play in a match to determine who plays the 3rd bottom team in the Premier League. Record since then W3 D2 L3, together with a line of long term injuries still sees us top but only 3pts clear of slipping out of the promotion play off spots. Not particularly looking forward to our run in as our free-scoring style seems to have stopped working. My star RM decided to break his leg in training a day after refusing a transfer bid from another club, also had an 8 months and a 4 month injury along with numerous other month long injuries, am actually relieved to get to this stage at the top of the tree. Dynamo Kyiv recalled a couple of a squad players for not being regular starters despite being contracted to us as squad players so we've really struggled for depth. Have brought in a few players on loan during the four month winter break, but our four friendlies leading back up to the restart have been pretty dreadful.

Not sure where I plan on being next seasoon, signed an 18 month extension as the winter break began but i'm already confirmed to be losing two of my star players on a free at the end of the season. Big rebuild is needed whether I go up or not

On 11/03/2022 at 16:47, Stinky said:

Season of two halves so far. Had a record of W10 D3 from my first 13 games to have a slight lead over Krvybas, 7pt lead over 3rd place Metalist and 11pt lead over 5th place. Top two go up automatically and I think 3rd and 4th play in a match to determine who plays the 3rd bottom team in the Premier League. Record since then W3 D2 L3, together with a line of long term injuries still sees us top but only 3pts clear of slipping out of the promotion play off spots. Not particularly looking forward to our run in as our free-scoring style seems to have stopped working. My star RM decided to break his leg in training a day after refusing a transfer bid from another club, also had an 8 months and a 4 month injury along with numerous other month long injuries, am actually relieved to get to this stage at the top of the tree. Dynamo Kyiv recalled a couple of a squad players for not being regular starters despite being contracted to us as squad players so we've really struggled for depth. Have brought in a few players on loan during the four month winter break, but our four friendlies leading back up to the restart have been pretty dreadful.

Not sure where I plan on being next seasoon, signed an 18 month extension as the winter break began but i'm already confirmed to be losing two of my star players on a free at the end of the season. Big rebuild is needed whether I go up or not

Well the first few games of the final nine after the winter break followed perfectly on from our pre-winter break/friendlies form. Slipped from 1st to 5th in 5 games, SIX points off of 4th and our season more or less over. I stop the rot with a 1-0 away win and then go on to win the next 3 out of nowhere, including a sensational 4-1 win away at the eventual champions in the penultimate game. At this point I am 1pt off 4th and the final play off place and am at home to a side already relegated, whereas the team in 4th are at home to the eventual champions. I win 4-2 and they 0-3, so I sneak in to the play offs at the last hurdle. Turns out 3rd and 4th are put into a draw against 13th and 14th in the PL, and whoever wins that two legged tie earns a place in the PL. I'm drawn against Rukh Lviv who finished 13th. I won 1-0 away and 2-1 at home to remarkably seal promotion at the first time of asking.

Wage budget has gone from 3k to 32k and I have a tiny transfer budget for a much needed upgrade to my backroom staff and also atleast 11 new players. I was actually open to leaving and taking a job in the 2nd tier again if there was a big enough club that had a job going but doesn't seem like anybody has sacked their manager. Can only see the new season being a massive struggle

In my unemployed save (no badges or experience) and in 2025 I decided to resign from Genk in the summer after winning both the league and cup with them

Been offered a few jobs at Wolves, Betis, and Stuttgart but didn't really fancy it so decided to see what comes up later in the year

Into November and no clue how I have managed this so soon into game really...lol

image.thumb.png.e9358e7a5061e763d935bcf533a72cbd.png

image.thumb.png.8f00438d090e112d5fa62827b507f033.png

On 04/03/2022 at 21:18, moore_94 said:

Many decent youth prospects at Hamburg other than Vagnoman? Looking to start a save in Germany outside the top flight with some decent youth prospects to develop