Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2022

Never ever gone unbeaten during a domestic season. Got to within 5 games remaining of the season with only one major hurdle in the way and the ref decides to give a penalty for my defender sliding the ball which the opposition score from just before HT. Then no more key highlights are shown for the rest of the game.

Gg!!!!! 

• Haha 1

On 08/04/2022 at 12:19, pmcla26 said:

If anyone fancies a fun save, start as Leicester in June 2022 and sell Soyuncu and/or Tielemans, then do the summer rebuild. Having a lot of fun with it so far :)

Doing something similar right now, although played the first season without signing any players. In the summer 2022 window I'll sell the players we're expected to sell this summer and sign players we've been linked to. Will also try to bring through some of our prospects from the academy

13 hours ago, Stinky said:

Never ever gone unbeaten during a domestic season. Got to within 5 games remaining of the season with only one major hurdle in the way and the ref decides to give a penalty for my defender sliding the ball which the opposition score from just before HT. Then no more key highlights are shown for the rest of the game.

Gg!!!!! 

Besides this we had another brilliant and progressive season. As said i'm not one of these people that can have an impeccable, 100% winning record with ease across the season but I dropped 7pts over the course of 32 games. Conceded a last minute equaliser in the Czechoslovakian Super Cup and went on to lose on penalties which pissed me off (this is always my 2nd game of pre season which doesn't help). Knocked out by Legia Warsaw (who are "on the game" and therefore overly powerful) in the final round of CL qualifiers which meant I thrown into the Europa League group stages. Won all six games to my surprise against Fenerbache, Dinamo Zagreb and Hibs. Had a bizarre 2nd knockout round match against Monaco where I was 2-0 down away after 60mins, about to give up and make some rotation substitutions and I went on to win 5-2!?!? Lost 1-3 at home but went onto narrowly lose against Bilbao where I had to play heavily rotated sides in both as my schedule was becoming ridiculous, and going unbeaten in the league had become a higher priority lol Twice in April I had occasions of playing on the Thursday, Sunday and then Tuesday.

Set a number of records such as most points, longest winning streak, unbeaten, most wins while Dun Streda also set a record of most points without winning the title. Beat Zilina and Dun Streda in the Cup QF/2-legged SF which meant a comfortable Cup final win against Zlate Moravce. Got meself a proper solid squad now for Slovakian standards but the big boys are circling around a number of my younger players. My long serving striker wanted to leave for a new challenge at the end of the season, I was able to go back and sign one of many Slovakian exiles who think the u19 side at big clubs is a step forward who I spotted in January who is out of contract in the summer, thats how easily everything is falling into place at the minute. My 18yo striker bagged 25+ goals, he only became a regular halfway through the season. Had 9 other players with 15+ goal involvements. He is sadly one of two players whos contracts I am struggling to extend without a pitiful minimum fee release clause demanded by his **** of an agent. Wage budget has increased from 250k to 350k but transfer budget remains the same. B team failed to win the 2nd tier but u19s returned to winning their league as well as reaching the Champions League semi finals for the 2nd year in a row (may have even won it, didn't check)

On 04/03/2022 at 14:39, Dan LCFC said:

I'm still doing the pentagon challenge. Managing Terengganu in Malaysia which I felt was a bit of a scalp of a job for me to get in my very first one as they were ranked as the 3rd best side in Malaysia but had just gone through a rough patch.

I'm in my fifth season there now, which feels a bit much but I've built my reputation quite a bit, and it's gone really well. Won the league twice and won three cups - I'm actually on course to potentially win five trophies in this season as I've already won the league, their FA Cup and super cup, am in the last 7 (I know) of the Asian equivalent of the Europa League which I give us a decent chance of winning too. We've become almost impossible to beat in Malaysia and have totally walked the league, but I don't think these can ever be good enough to win the AFC Champions League which is the objective. I had an interview at Adelaide United but didn't get it.

I've enjoyed it but I need to leave these now, five years in Malaysia is a bit much.

In 2029 now.

I was at Terengganu from 2021-2026 in which time I won 8 trophies. The league twice, three cups, two super cups and the most impressive - the AFC Cup which is essentially their version of the Europa League. I think winning the latter was the one that gave me a real leg up to build my reputation. I left them in April 2026 following the completion of the Champions League groups in which we put in a steady showing, finishing 2nd (and somehow winning 0-6 away at a Thai side, a stronger league than ours) but that was it. There was nothing more I could do with them.

I ended up at a club called Gangwon in South Korea. They were rock bottom of the K-League with just 7 points in 15 games. I beat Jeonbuk in the last minute on my opening game lol we survived fairly comfortably in the end and finished 8th out of 12 which was a great comeback from where they were. Finished 4th the following season and got into the CL groups although did need Jeonbuk to win the cup so that Incheon didn't pinch our spot.

In 2028 I won the K-League by 16 points. The big teams, Jeonbuk, Suwon, Ulsan were largely terrible, but we were quality and picked up 80 points from our 38 games. I got through my CL group but got knocked out by... Jeonbuk, in the round of 16, at our place.

This season my aim is to win the CL so I can tick Asia off and then move on to probably Africa. I think it's attainable at Gangwon although it's tough as my best player has a £1.7mil release clause and the Europeans are flirting with him. I'm top of the league again, scoring 44 goals in 13 games (I've either gotten good or it's gotten a bit easy), we won a tricky CL group and are again in the round of 16, but we've got it much easier this time facing a team called BG Pathum United from Thailand at home (CL knockouts are only one leg), which for me was the best draw we could've had.

I've definitely got some momentum in this save now. I'm managing a side who are probably Championship standard so I've definitely gotten over one obstacle.

18 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

In 2029 now.

I was at Terengganu from 2021-2026 in which time I won 8 trophies. The league twice, three cups, two super cups and the most impressive - the AFC Cup which is essentially their version of the Europa League. I think winning the latter was the one that gave me a real leg up to build my reputation. I left them in April 2026 following the completion of the Champions League groups in which we put in a steady showing, finishing 2nd (and somehow winning 0-6 away at a Thai side, a stronger league than ours) but that was it. There was nothing more I could do with them.

I ended up at a club called Gangwon in South Korea. They were rock bottom of the K-League with just 7 points in 15 games. I beat Jeonbuk in the last minute on my opening game lol we survived fairly comfortably in the end and finished 8th out of 12 which was a great comeback from where they were. Finished 4th the following season and got into the CL groups although did need Jeonbuk to win the cup so that Incheon didn't pinch our spot.

In 2028 I won the K-League by 16 points. The big teams, Jeonbuk, Suwon, Ulsan were largely terrible, but we were quality and picked up 80 points from our 38 games. I got through my CL group but got knocked out by... Jeonbuk, in the round of 16, at our place.

This season my aim is to win the CL so I can tick Asia off and then move on to probably Africa. I think it's attainable at Gangwon although it's tough as my best player has a £1.7mil release clause and the Europeans are flirting with him. I'm top of the league again, scoring 44 goals in 13 games (I've either gotten good or it's gotten a bit easy), we won a tricky CL group and are again in the round of 16, but we've got it much easier this time facing a team called BG Pathum United from Thailand at home (CL knockouts are only one leg), which for me was the best draw we could've had.

I've definitely got some momentum in this save now. I'm managing a side who are probably Championship standard so I've definitely gotten over one obstacle.

Have you had any players go off on National Service yet? Nothing worse, just as you have a settled side they disappear out on loan.

On 12/04/2022 at 06:49, Stinky said:

Besides this we had another brilliant and progressive season. As said i'm not one of these people that can have an impeccable, 100% winning record with ease across the season but I dropped 7pts over the course of 32 games. Conceded a last minute equaliser in the Czechoslovakian Super Cup and went on to lose on penalties which pissed me off (this is always my 2nd game of pre season which doesn't help). Knocked out by Legia Warsaw (who are "on the game" and therefore overly powerful) in the final round of CL qualifiers which meant I thrown into the Europa League group stages. Won all six games to my surprise against Fenerbache, Dinamo Zagreb and Hibs. Had a bizarre 2nd knockout round match against Monaco where I was 2-0 down away after 60mins, about to give up and make some rotation substitutions and I went on to win 5-2!?!? Lost 1-3 at home but went onto narrowly lose against Bilbao where I had to play heavily rotated sides in both as my schedule was becoming ridiculous, and going unbeaten in the league had become a higher priority lol Twice in April I had occasions of playing on the Thursday, Sunday and then Tuesday.

Set a number of records such as most points, longest winning streak, unbeaten, most wins while Dun Streda also set a record of most points without winning the title. Beat Zilina and Dun Streda in the Cup QF/2-legged SF which meant a comfortable Cup final win against Zlate Moravce. Got meself a proper solid squad now for Slovakian standards but the big boys are circling around a number of my younger players. My long serving striker wanted to leave for a new challenge at the end of the season, I was able to go back and sign one of many Slovakian exiles who think the u19 side at big clubs is a step forward who I spotted in January who is out of contract in the summer, thats how easily everything is falling into place at the minute. My 18yo striker bagged 25+ goals, he only became a regular halfway through the season. Had 9 other players with 15+ goal involvements. He is sadly one of two players whos contracts I am struggling to extend without a pitiful minimum fee release clause demanded by his **** of an agent. Wage budget has increased from 250k to 350k but transfer budget remains the same. B team failed to win the 2nd tier but u19s returned to winning their league as well as reaching the Champions League semi finals for the 2nd year in a row (may have even won it, didn't check)

Only made two signings for the 31/32 season, the exile as mentioned above and a CAM from rivals Dun Streda. Beat Slovan Liberec in the C-S Super Cup, destroyed everybody who got in my way on my mid-table team tour of The Netherlands, then won in the 2nd and 3rd CL qualifying rounds before very annoyingly losing 3-2 on aggregate against Club Brugge, despite drawing 2-2 away from home. Got through the first handful of league games unscathed - anyone whos managed clubs where every summer you have to go through multiple qualifying rounds to reach Europe knows that the fixture schedule is ruthless until the first international break. We drew two of our first three but then won our next 10 lol Zilina seemed to return to being a top club but have tailed off since, Dun Streda seem to have slipped this season too. Europa League group was Nice... also had CSKA Moscow and Midtjylland. 4 games in we are on course to qualify with 8pts on the board.

However come the start of November the Dynamo Kyiv job became available, and a few weeks later i've left to finally take up the job. This stop off in Slovakia was absolutely not planned, but its a lovely little league. Don't think you ever play on a weekday unless you have rearranged games later in the season if you're still in Europe. You're also not likely to play anybody decent until the QF of the Slovakian Cup. Would deffo recommend to any other weirdo who likes managing in random countries. Turned a club with over half of its playing staff over 30yo and no players in the main Slovakian side, to 75% of my squad being 25 or younger and 10 players in the main national setup. Won every trophy possible except the CS Cup in 31/32. Very much looking forward to seeing what shithead they replace me with and watch him destroy everything i've built.

21/22 - Obolon Kyiv - First League - 4th (play off winners)
22/23 - Obolon Kyiv (July-January) - Premier League / PFC Lviv (January >) - Premier League - 15th (relegation)
23/24 - PFC Lviv - First League - 1st
24/25 - PFC Lviv (July-December) - Premier League / Zorya Luhansk (December >) - Premier League - 6th
25/26 - Zorya Luhansk - Premier League - 5th (Euro Conference League qualification)
26/27 - Zorya Luhansk - Premier League - 6th

27/28 - Zorya Luhansk - Premier League - 7th

28/29 - Slovan Bratislava (November >) - First Division - 3rd (Slovakian Cup winners)

29-30 - Slovan Bratislava - First Divison - 1st Czechoslovakian Super Cup winners, Slovakian Cup Winners)

30/31 - Slovan Bratislava - First Division - 1st (Czechoslovakian Super Cup winners, Slovakian Cup Winners)

31/32 - Slovan Bratislava - First Division - 1st (Slovakian Cup winners)

Only issue.... When I've played Dynamo Kyiv in the past I've hated it as their colour combination makes it very difficult to read text in games (white background, light blue writing, ironically Slovan Bratislava was the opposite but workable) 

Gone off for a bit now but I've nipped in the editor and changed the blue to a darker blue. Is this going to work or does it not apply to saved games? And if not can is there a way around it? 

7 hours ago, Stinky said:

Only issue.... When I've played Dynamo Kyiv in the past I've hated it as their colour combination makes it very difficult to read text in games (white background, light blue writing, ironically Slovan Bratislava was the opposite but workable) 

Gone off for a bit now but I've nipped in the editor and changed the blue to a darker blue. Is this going to work or does it not apply to saved games? And if not can is there a way around it? 

It'll only impact a new save. 

You'd need either a save game editor or the official in game editor. 

• Like 1

On 13/04/2022 at 13:03, Tommy Fresh said:

Have you had any players go off on National Service yet? Nothing worse, just as you have a settled side they disappear out on loan.

Every season. It's just so infuriating. I do think it's a little simple to be able to buy other players from Korean sides though. It's amazing how Incheon or Daegu will part with virtually anyone, even maybe a Korea international, for about £500k while I'm gutted to be losing a player for £1.7mil. The AI is too easy to bully in the transfer market.

Given Gangwon usually get about £2mil a year we're usually fairly well covered to get a replacement in. Absolutely infuriating though that a Gimcheon side fuelled by my own players has just ended our 6 month unbeaten run lol and absolutely ripped us to bits in the process.

On 16/04/2022 at 02:11, Dan LCFC said:

Every season. It's just so infuriating. I do think it's a little simple to be able to buy other players from Korean sides though. It's amazing how Incheon or Daegu will part with virtually anyone, even maybe a Korea international, for about £500k while I'm gutted to be losing a player for £1.7mil. The AI is too easy to bully in the transfer market.

Given Gangwon usually get about £2mil a year we're usually fairly well covered to get a replacement in. Absolutely infuriating though that a Gimcheon side fuelled by my own players has just ended our 6 month unbeaten run lol and absolutely ripped us to bits in the process.

Found any decent North Koreans yet? The joy of them not counting as foreign players is unrivalled 😂

Guest Col city fan

Just playing a start of 2021 season with Man Utd and anyone notice Mason Greenwood has gone from the Man Utd squad? 
Has he quit football in real life or did Utd bin him off for the domestic abuse stuff?

🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Just playing a start of 2021 season with Man Utd and anyone notice Mason Greenwood has gone from the Man Utd squad? 
Has he quit football in real life or did Utd bin him off for the domestic abuse stuff?

🤷‍♂️

I imagine he's been removed from the game

On 15/04/2022 at 16:04, Stinky said:

Only made two signings for the 31/32 season, the exile as mentioned above and a CAM from rivals Dun Streda. Beat Slovan Liberec in the C-S Super Cup, destroyed everybody who got in my way on my mid-table team tour of The Netherlands, then won in the 2nd and 3rd CL qualifying rounds before very annoyingly losing 3-2 on aggregate against Club Brugge, despite drawing 2-2 away from home. Got through the first handful of league games unscathed - anyone whos managed clubs where every summer you have to go through multiple qualifying rounds to reach Europe knows that the fixture schedule is ruthless until the first international break. We drew two of our first three but then won our next 10 lol Zilina seemed to return to being a top club but have tailed off since, Dun Streda seem to have slipped this season too. Europa League group was Nice... also had CSKA Moscow and Midtjylland. 4 games in we are on course to qualify with 8pts on the board.

However come the start of November the Dynamo Kyiv job became available, and a few weeks later i've left to finally take up the job. This stop off in Slovakia was absolutely not planned, but its a lovely little league. Don't think you ever play on a weekday unless you have rearranged games later in the season if you're still in Europe. You're also not likely to play anybody decent until the QF of the Slovakian Cup. Would deffo recommend to any other weirdo who likes managing in random countries. Turned a club with over half of its playing staff over 30yo and no players in the main Slovakian side, to 75% of my squad being 25 or younger and 10 players in the main national setup. Won every trophy possible except the CS Cup in 31/32. Very much looking forward to seeing what shithead they replace me with and watch him destroy everything i've built.

22/23 - Obolon Kyiv (July-January) - Premier League / PFC Lviv (January >) - Premier League - 15th (relegation)
24/25 - PFC Lviv (July-December) - Premier League / Zorya Luhansk (December >) - Premier League - 6th
25/26 - Zorya Luhansk - Premier League - 5th (Euro Conference League qualification)

28/29 - Slovan Bratislava (November >) - First Division - 3rd (Slovakian Cup winners)

29-30 - Slovan Bratislava - First Divison - 1st Czechoslovakian Super Cup winners, Slovakian Cup Winners)

30/31 - Slovan Bratislava - First Division - 1st (Czechoslovakian Super Cup winners, Slovakian Cup Winners)

Went back and signed 3 starlets from Slovan Bratislava in January for roughly 1m each, they're now worth about 40/30/15m. They went on to sell atleast a handful of other first teamers in that month................

End of the season was a bit of a damp squib really. We'd already been knocked out of the Ukrainian Cup so I only had the league to concentrate on. Had 5 games before the winter break, W3 D1 and lost the final game to Vorskla which meant I was 9pts behind them in 3rd place. Found some form at the end of the season to secure 3rd place and a EL Group stage spot for next season. Finances aren't great here so any sort of rebuild was out of the question. Sold a few players to bring in the $$$$ but if anything i'd say my squad is weaker this season. Foriegn player rules are also a bit difficult here as you can only play a maximum of 7 at one time, i've got about 9 of them, most of them first team standard too. Most of my Ukrainian starting 11 are nearing retirement too so I really need CL qualification this season for the monies to rebuild, though the Ukrainian transfer market always seems very difficult.

Started the new season well with 5 wins from 5 and +16 goal difference, which obviously means i'm sitting comfortably in 2nd place behind the machine that is Shakhtar with their 25 GD lol they are absurd

32/33 - Slovan Bratislava (July-November) - First Division - N/A (Czechoslovakian Super Cup winners)

32/32 - Dynamo Kyiv (November >) - Premier League - 3rd

On 18/04/2022 at 09:41, Tommy Fresh said:

Found any decent North Koreans yet? The joy of them not counting as foreign players is unrivalled 😂

Scouted it and not a single one. All utter rubbish.

I've just won the 2029 league on the final day, winning against Jeonbuk to beat them to it (though only needed a draw) but it's another shortcoming in the Champions League. Lost at home to Incheon on penalties in the quarter final which is gutting. What a year for them to turn into our bogey team.

Another year here it is. I think I can win it with these but we're seriously not great in cups.

• Like 1

On 18/04/2022 at 22:26, moore_94 said:

Time to sit here reloading until I get a better stadium name lol 

Never been a fan of them naming new stadiums after club legends (unless it is me of course)

image.thumb.png.2671adb8a4227800877703e15e1fd5cf.png

Love that you're playing with Coalville. I won the European Cup with Thrunby Lodge Rangers. My greatest achievement. 

• Like 1

On 21/04/2022 at 10:58, Stinky said:

Went back and signed 3 starlets from Slovan Bratislava in January for roughly 1m each, they're now worth about 40/30/15m. They went on to sell atleast a handful of other first teamers in that month................

End of the season was a bit of a damp squib really. We'd already been knocked out of the Ukrainian Cup so I only had the league to concentrate on. Had 5 games before the winter break, W3 D1 and lost the final game to Vorskla which meant I was 9pts behind them in 3rd place. Found some form at the end of the season to secure 3rd place and a EL Group stage spot for next season. Finances aren't great here so any sort of rebuild was out of the question. Sold a few players to bring in the $$$$ but if anything i'd say my squad is weaker this season. Foriegn player rules are also a bit difficult here as you can only play a maximum of 7 at one time, i've got about 9 of them, most of them first team standard too. Most of my Ukrainian starting 11 are nearing retirement too so I really need CL qualification this season for the monies to rebuild, though the Ukrainian transfer market always seems very difficult.

Started the new season well with 5 wins from 5 and +16 goal difference, which obviously means i'm sitting comfortably in 2nd place behind the machine that is Shakhtar with their 25 GD lol they are absurd

32/33 - Slovan Bratislava (July-November) - First Division - N/A (Czechoslovakian Super Cup winners)

Was going well until the winter break. In the "home" game vs Shakhtar, I rushed into a 2-0 lead before I was reduced to 10 men. Conceded two fairly late goals to end up drawing. They dropped their first points of the season, I dropped my 4th and 5th, so i'm 3pts behind at this stage. I say "home" as it's occured to me I have played Shakhtar 4 times, 3 as the home side, but we play at the same stadium, so home/away should be less of a factor. The three home games I have matched them atleast, the one away game I got battered, so I feel like the game doesn't factor in that I play at that ground too. Form after the winter break was patchy, and the performances pretty shite. I dropped out of the EL group stages to my horror in a group with Villarreal, Celtic and Sarajevo, albeit with 10pts. Went on to the ECL quarters beating Sivasspor and AZ unconvincingly before losing to the new richest team in the world. I beat Shakhtar in the Cup QF which led me on my way to winning the Ukrainian Cup. At this stage I was looking over my shoulder at Metalist but thankfully ended up pulling away to beat them to 2nd by 7pts. Think I only get CL qualifiers with it. Finished on 72pts from a possible 90, Shakhtar's form dropped off massively at the end of the season, only managing 2pts from their final 2 games. Annoyingly they won the title by beating us 4-0 lol Finished 9pts behind them

Winter was pretty brutal for is in the way of transfers, a number of players agreeing to leave on frees in the summer including 35yo star CM Shaparenko, who was happy to take a paycut to 19k with us but preferred to take Napoli's bizarre 80k offer. Got 12m to purchase some quality depth, the first team isn't bad but nothing behind it. Tsygankov decided to retire, I brought him on in the 87th minute in his final game and he went off 3mins later with a twisted ankle lol

33/34 - Dynamo Kyiv - Premier League - 2nd - Ukrainian Cup winners

each season when we get to the summer i like to create a club with the players we’ve been linked with, our youth and a couple of  1st teamers. Just my way of getting to know some of the potential signings a little. better. 

I am on fm 20 so not as accurate as it could be but stil interesting to see how it blends. Ive taken over strawburg in ligue 1, they have a modest budget but enough to get what i need and euro football after their shock win of the cup. 

Team: 

Iversen

juravic

bremer

stjuste

justin /thomas

levi colwil (he’s 16 😂)

fofana

boujalere 

madueke

sangare 

kdh (always have him in my teams) 

de ketelere 

lookman 

Daka

Thomas henry (only random one, ex OHL) 

hopefully i’ll finish the season before we’ve signed anyone and let you know who shone and how ligue 1 ended for us. 

i won’t lie, i did meddle a little. i took over psg and gave some ffp to the league. spent 80 m on demarai gray and 45m on armartay. giving them both the remainder of their wage budget. hopefully that will slightly help level the playing field financially. 

Edited by Lambert09

On 25/04/2022 at 23:10, Stinky said:

Was going well until the winter break. In the "home" game vs Shakhtar, I rushed into a 2-0 lead before I was reduced to 10 men. Conceded two fairly late goals to end up drawing. They dropped their first points of the season, I dropped my 4th and 5th, so i'm 3pts behind at this stage. I say "home" as it's occured to me I have played Shakhtar 4 times, 3 as the home side, but we play at the same stadium, so home/away should be less of a factor. The three home games I have matched them atleast, the one away game I got battered, so I feel like the game doesn't factor in that I play at that ground too. Form after the winter break was patchy, and the performances pretty shite. I dropped out of the EL group stages to my horror in a group with Villarreal, Celtic and Sarajevo, albeit with 10pts. Went on to the ECL quarters beating Sivasspor and AZ unconvincingly before losing to the new richest team in the world. I beat Shakhtar in the Cup QF which led me on my way to winning the Ukrainian Cup. At this stage I was looking over my shoulder at Metalist but thankfully ended up pulling away to beat them to 2nd by 7pts. Think I only get CL qualifiers with it. Finished on 72pts from a possible 90, Shakhtar's form dropped off massively at the end of the season, only managing 2pts from their final 2 games. Annoyingly they won the title by beating us 4-0 lol Finished 9pts behind them

Winter was pretty brutal for is in the way of transfers, a number of players agreeing to leave on frees in the summer including 35yo star CM Shaparenko, who was happy to take a paycut to 19k with us but preferred to take Napoli's bizarre 80k offer. Got 12m to purchase some quality depth, the first team isn't bad but nothing behind it. Tsygankov decided to retire, I brought him on in the 87th minute in his final game and he went off 3mins later with a twisted ankle lol

33/34 - Dynamo Kyiv - Premier League - 2nd - Ukrainian Cup winners

This season has finished me off. Had a solid summer being able to make most of my signings early on. 10 foriegners in the squad to try and fit into my "Max of 7 on the pitch" rule. Beat Celtic in the 3rd round of the CL qualifiers 6-1 which showed we'd improved given that we played them in the EL last season and barely seemed better than them. Then to my surprise we beat Sporting Lisbon in both legs in the final round of qualifiers to reach my first target of bagging CL group stage money lol Also beat Shakhtar on penalties in the Super Cup a week after the season started. Drew our first game of the league season at Vorskla which is typically one of the harder games of the season, and interestingly noticed we host Shakhtar on the final day of the season.

CL Group was Dortmund, Porto and Lille. I played Porto in a friendly and beat them so based off that I was pretty happy with the group. Hammered Lille at home first game, then lost at Porto and also at home to Dortmund despite doing enough to win, so at this stage it's not looking good. But somehow we go and steal a win at Dortmund, which meant our win at home to Porto next up saw us qualify for the knockout rounds. Meanwhile in the league, we'd got to around the 12-game mark having dropped only 4 pts but still trailing Shakhtar. We lost away to Metalist, best of the rest after ourselves/Shakhtar, before going "away" to Shakhtar and robbing them of a point. We were 3pts off the top, and here i'm thinking if we can get to the last game of the season in this position, where H2H record beats GD, i'd ****ing love it

Drew Milan in the CL knockout rounds which was probably the best I could hope for. Win the first leg at home 5-3, but absolutely bottled the last 30mins in the away leg and lost 4-0. Interesting to judge though that i'm probably around your Ajax/Benfica mark IRL. Focus returned to the league, 12 games remained and it felt like 12 wins was the requirement to beat this Shakhtar side. Only Dnipro away and Metalist at home worried me greatly which were roughly games #5 and #8 of the run in. Beat Dnipro 2-1 with a fairly late goal, but drew at home to Metalist which was gutting, season-ending really. Only realistic chance of Shakhtar slipping us was the penultimate game at home to Zorya. Going into the 29th game, i'm away at Chornomorets, 5pts behind Shakhtar. I turn off the latest scores on the home screen because i'm ****ed off lol Chornomorets aren't the easiest side, but I go 1-0 up fairly early on. Then at around the hour mark, I am told through another sub menu on the homepage that Zorya had gone 1-0 up. A bit of poo came out. I start to chop and change as we seem fairly comfortable, and make an extra effort to hide updates from the other game, then in the 85th minute Chornomorets have their first shown highlight and score. 30 seconds later they go and nearly score again. I change my tactics to go gung ho which never really seems to have the desired effect, but I have to do something. Then in the 94th minute, my young striker pops up to ping the ball into the far corner and win the game 2-1. I leave the game and see nothing about Shakhtar winning the title.... they ended up losing 1-0.

Gap is now 2 pts heading into the final game and i'm bricking it. One win away from ending Shakhtar's 15 year strangehold on this league and actually winning the treble (supposing the Super Cup is seen as a competitive trophy..). Thought i'd update this now as chances are i'm gonna be too pissed to write this if it goes badly lol

Forgot to say I won the Ukrainian Cup beating Karpaty in the final. Vorskla did everybody a favour by knocking Shakhtar out on penalties in the third round. Metalist ran me close in the semis, taking me to extra time but losing

Edited by Stinky