Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2022

On 19/05/2022 at 16:19, Stinky said:

More of the same in my 7th full season here. Salzburg took a few of my squad players for a combined 20m, whereas I had 3 players come in for just shy of 30m. Went into the new season happy with what I had and then came the vultures. Jaja left for Chelsea for 56m, and RW Martin Rada for Barcelona for 65m. Signed their replacements for a combined 16m. 61m spent across the season and 163m came in.. bank balance now up to 254m.

Another comfortable CL group saw me finish 2nd on 13pts, 9 ahead of 3rd placed Villarreal. Kicked off the league season with 5 straight wins, then came the 2 games in 3 days that I mentioned in another post against Metalist and Shakhtar. Drew both with a fairly late equaliser against Shakhtar included. Remarkably for my standards these two games were the only times I dropped points across the entire season. Ourselves and Shakhtar reached the 21st game level on points, identical records, a GD seperated by just 1, and both unbeaten along with Metalist who were well adrift of us with a high number of draws. March ended up being a critical month. We lost "away" at Shakhtar in extra time, fairly deservedly. Was able to use this as a test to how to approach the league game coming up. We drew 1-1 across 2 games against Milan (3rd time we've played them at this stage) and lost on penalties. We then inflicted a first defeat for Metalist, then repeated the feat with a 2-1 win "at" Shakhtar with two goals in the first half with a more cautious approach adopted.

3pts ahead, from there it was plain sailing and won the remainder of matches. Another unbeaten season, record number of wins, points. Now unbeaten in 70, 7 short of Shakhtar's record and one more season away from hitting triple figures. Also on a 23 match winning streak. Feeder and old club Obolon won the 2nd tier meaning they'll play at the top level for the first time in 10 years. Got a really talented 16yo winger who I decided i'd try and blood into the side. Got a few more youngsters who for some reason hate the idea of going out on loan to be regular starters at mid-table PL sides, so their development is stalling as a result. Got 102m to spend on players and don't really have anywhere to spend it, so will try and strengthen at LB. With all this money i've been begging the board to build a new stadium but they keep refusing as we struggle to fill half our current stadium, which is why I want to do similar to what Juventus did but FM doesn't work that way I guess lol

21/22 - Obolon Kyiv - First League - 4th (play off winners)
22/23 - Obolon Kyiv (July-January) - Premier League / PFC Lviv (January >) - Premier League - 15th (relegation)
23/24 - PFC Lviv - First League - 1st
24/25 - PFC Lviv (July-December) - Premier League / Zorya Luhansk (December >) - Premier League - 6th
25/26 - Zorya Luhansk - Premier League - 5th (Euro Conference League qualification)
26/27 - Zorya Luhansk - Premier League - 6th

27/28 - Zorya Luhansk - Premier League - 7th

28/29 - Slovan Bratislava (November >) - First Division - 3rd (Slovakian Cup winners)

29-30 - Slovan Bratislava - First Divison - 1st Czechoslovakian Super Cup winners, Slovakian Cup Winners)

30/31 - Slovan Bratislava - First Division - 1st (Czechoslovakian Super Cup winners, Slovakian Cup Winners)

31/32 - Slovan Bratislava - First Division - 1st (Slovakian Cup winners)

32/33 - Slovan Bratislava (July-November) - First Division - N/A (Czechoslovakian Super Cup winners)

32/33 - Dynamo Kyiv (November >) - Premier League - 3rd

33/34 - Dynamo Kyiv - Premier League - 2nd (Ukrainian Cup winners)

34/35 - Dynamo Kyiv - Premier League - 1st (Ukrainian Super Cup Winners, Ukrainian Cup winners)

35/36 - Dynamo Kyiv - Premier League - 1st (Ukrainian Super Cup winners)

36/37 - Dynamo Kyiv - Premier League - 1st (Ukrainian Super Cup winners, Ukrainian Cup winners)

37/38 - Dynamo Kyiv - Premier League - 2nd

38/39 - Dynamo Kyiv - Premier League - 1st (Ukrainian Cup winners)

39/40 - Dynamo Kyiv - Premier League - 1st (Ukrainian Super Cup winners)

Replaced my 90m LW with a young Mexican who had found himself in the middle east. Sold the LB I brought with me from Slovan Bratislava for 26m and signed a German fella from Dortmund for 25m who proved to be very underwhelming. 40m spent and 132m in across the season, bank balance at the end of the season reached 315m.

The season started well results-wise but performance wise something wasn't there. Took 66mins for the first (and only) key highlight against Dnipro in the first game, thankfully it resulted in a penalty which we converted. Took until the 80th minute to take the lead at yo-yo club Mariupol and then scored 2 in the last 10mins to beat Oleksandria 2-1. Thankfully made it to game 77 unbeaten (away to Metalist, phew) and then beat Zorya at home to make it a league-record 78 games unbeaten. 31 straight wins in the league too, also a new record. Then instantly came the crash with a daft 2-0 defeat at Chornomorets. Beat Shakhtar at home before Christmas to go into the winter break with a 7pt lead over Shakhtar having played 1 game more. Played PSG for the first time in the CL group stages, comfortably went through behind them in a group with Porto and Salzburg.

Another new experience in the first knockout round playing Man City. Remarkably Lech Poznan and Legia were possible opponents who had topped their groups. I won the first leg 2-0 at home, a goal either side of a Man City red card. Set up defensively for the 2nd leg, nicked a goal in the first half and despite Man City having the best of the game, 76mins gone we were still 3-0 up on aggregate. We went on to lose 4-1.

League form and performances appeared to improve after the winter break, helped with the arrival of a Norwegian wonderkid striker from Molde for 5m as I felt it was time to stop relying on below average academy products for back-up. He bagged 13 in 14 games. Beat Vorskla 8-1 in the Cup semi final, but lost on penalties to Shakhtar in the final 3-0 embarrasingly. Scored the first and last goal in the return league fixture against Shakhtar but the 5 we conceded in the middle put a downer on the day. Still we had a 4pt lead with 4 games to play, and saw out the season with four more wins to net 84/90pts, 6 ahead of Shakhtar. 

Feel at a bit of a crossroads really because i'm going nowhere in Europe. Probably don't help myself as I don't change tactics (only playing style) and although that change seems fairly affective, it's not enough. There's no proven Ukrainian talent to bolster my squad with, and some low-mid 20yo players are only 2 star despite seeming to be atleast a 3 in normal circumstances? Think i'm right in saying its all comparitive and they're possibly made to look worse because i've got players in the same position who are 4 stars? My new LW actually led the way as top goalscorer in the league, may have also got most assists too. Would quite like to go into international management again and maybe come back to this however I know if I leave for a couple of years, i'm probably going to be set back atleast 5 years with all the damage a new manager would do in the meantime.

22/23 - Obolon Kyiv (July-January) - Premier League / PFC Lviv (January >) - Premier League - 15th (relegation)
24/25 - PFC Lviv (July-December) - Premier League / Zorya Luhansk (December >) - Premier League - 6th
25/26 - Zorya Luhansk - Premier League - 5th (Euro Conference League qualification)

28/29 - Slovan Bratislava (November >) - First Division - 3rd (Slovakian Cup winners)

29-30 - Slovan Bratislava - First Divison - 1st Czechoslovakian Super Cup winners, Slovakian Cup Winners)

30/31 - Slovan Bratislava - First Division - 1st (Czechoslovakian Super Cup winners, Slovakian Cup Winners)

32/33 - Slovan Bratislava (July-November) - First Division - N/A (Czechoslovakian Super Cup winners)

34/35 - Dynamo Kyiv - Premier League - 1st (Ukrainian Super Cup Winners, Ukrainian Cup winners)

36/37 - Dynamo Kyiv - Premier League - 1st (Ukrainian Super Cup winners, Ukrainian Cup winners)

40/41 - Dynamo Kyiv - Premier League - 1st

Edited by Stinky

Every season Kaizer Chiefs play Orlando Pirates in the Carling Black Label cup, which seems to me essentially just their version of the superclasico. I've won it this year, but do I count that towards my overall trophy haul? For all I'm aiming for the five CLs, I am keeping a count of trophies too and I'm on 13 if you don't include that. Am I to include it?

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Every season Kaizer Chiefs play Orlando Pirates in the Carling Black Label cup, which seems to me essentially just their version of the superclasico. I've won it this year, but do I count that towards my overall trophy haul? For all I'm aiming for the five CLs, I am keeping a count of trophies too and I'm on 13 if you don't include that. Am I to include it?

if its goes on your profile it counts

• Like 1

On 21/05/2022 at 19:58, Stinky said:

Replaced my 90m LW with a young Mexican who had found himself in the middle east. Sold the LB I brought with me from Slovan Bratislava for 26m and signed a German fella from Dortmund for 25m who proved to be very underwhelming. 40m spent and 132m in across the season, bank balance at the end of the season reached 315m.

The season started well results-wise but performance wise something wasn't there. Took 66mins for the first (and only) key highlight against Dnipro in the first game, thankfully it resulted in a penalty which we converted. Took until the 80th minute to take the lead at yo-yo club Mariupol and then scored 2 in the last 10mins to beat Oleksandria 2-1. Thankfully made it to game 77 unbeaten (away to Metalist, phew) and then beat Zorya at home to make it a league-record 78 games unbeaten. 31 straight wins in the league too, also a new record. Then instantly came the crash with a daft 2-0 defeat at Chornomorets. Beat Shakhtar at home before Christmas to go into the winter break with a 7pt lead over Shakhtar having played 1 game more. Played PSG for the first time in the CL group stages, comfortably went through behind them in a group with Porto and Salzburg.

Another new experience in the first knockout round playing Man City. Remarkably Lech Poznan and Legia were possible opponents who had topped their groups. I won the first leg 2-0 at home, a goal either side of a Man City red card. Set up defensively for the 2nd leg, nicked a goal in the first half and despite Man City having the best of the game, 76mins gone we were still 3-0 up on aggregate. We went on to lose 4-1.

League form and performances appeared to improve after the winter break, helped with the arrival of a Norwegian wonderkid striker from Molde for 5m as I felt it was time to stop relying on below average academy products for back-up. He bagged 13 in 14 games. Beat Vorskla 8-1 in the Cup semi final, but lost on penalties to Shakhtar in the final 3-0 embarrasingly. Scored the first and last goal in the return league fixture against Shakhtar but the 5 we conceded in the middle put a downer on the day. Still we had a 4pt lead with 4 games to play, and saw out the season with four more wins to net 84/90pts, 6 ahead of Shakhtar. 

Feel at a bit of a crossroads really because i'm going nowhere in Europe. Probably don't help myself as I don't change tactics (only playing style) and although that change seems fairly affective, it's not enough. There's no proven Ukrainian talent to bolster my squad with, and some low-mid 20yo players are only 2 star despite seeming to be atleast a 3 in normal circumstances? Think i'm right in saying its all comparitive and they're possibly made to look worse because i've got players in the same position who are 4 stars? My new LW actually led the way as top goalscorer in the league, may have also got most assists too. Would quite like to go into international management again and maybe come back to this however I know if I leave for a couple of years, i'm probably going to be set back atleast 5 years with all the damage a new manager would do in the meantime.

Little movement in the transfer window for this season. Flogged my flop of a LB to Mexico for 32.6m (7m profit for 18 months "work") and my long serving Ukrainian CM to Schalke who wanted a new challenge for 20m. Signed a decent looking Ukrainian striker who had come through the ranks in Portugal at Benfica/Farense for 900k to be my 3rd choice while my hotshot went out on loan to hungary, and a RB from Shakhtar in January who has the potential to become my first choice RB. 20m profit made across the season in transfers

The season was a bit more stressful and nothing to really shout about. Most intriguing thing to come out of it was the plight of Shakhtar, who finished 4th and 12pts behind me. Dnipro and Metalist made it somewhat of a 4-way title fight for much of the season but I nearly always had a 3 or 4 point buffer to them. Finished 6, 9 and 12pts clear of 2nd, 3rd and 4th. First time in nearly 50 years Shakhtar have finished outside of the top 2. Only downside is Shakhtar won the Europa League

We won the Ukrainian Cup, managing to avoid Metalist and Shakhtar. Champions League same story as usual except we really did our best to try and **** up an easy group of Zebre, Farul Constanta and Mainz. Qualified with a game to spare and then went and won 2-0 at Zebre. Played Barcelona in the knockout round for the first time and lost 3-1/3-2. Still plan on doing some sort of rebuild and getting in a few extra foriegners and frequently rotating them at September-December is too tricky schedule-wise. On the plus side a few of my average Ukrainian's have gone up half a star after more frequent game time. Have my eye on Shakhtar's 27 titles, we're on 23.

41/42 - Dynamo Kyiv - Premier League - 1st (Ukrainian Cup winners)

On 23/05/2022 at 17:27, Stinky said:

Little movement in the transfer window for this season. Flogged my flop of a LB to Mexico for 32.6m (7m profit for 18 months "work") and my long serving Ukrainian CM to Schalke who wanted a new challenge for 20m. Signed a decent looking Ukrainian striker who had come through the ranks in Portugal at Benfica/Farense for 900k to be my 3rd choice while my hotshot went out on loan to hungary, and a RB from Shakhtar in January who has the potential to become my first choice RB. 20m profit made across the season in transfers

The season was a bit more stressful and nothing to really shout about. Most intriguing thing to come out of it was the plight of Shakhtar, who finished 4th and 12pts behind me. Dnipro and Metalist made it somewhat of a 4-way title fight for much of the season but I nearly always had a 3 or 4 point buffer to them. Finished 6, 9 and 12pts clear of 2nd, 3rd and 4th. First time in nearly 50 years Shakhtar have finished outside of the top 2. Only downside is Shakhtar won the Europa League

We won the Ukrainian Cup, managing to avoid Metalist and Shakhtar. Champions League same story as usual except we really did our best to try and **** up an easy group of Zebre, Farul Constanta and Mainz. Qualified with a game to spare and then went and won 2-0 at Zebre. Played Barcelona in the knockout round for the first time and lost 3-1/3-2. Still plan on doing some sort of rebuild and getting in a few extra foriegners and frequently rotating them at September-December is too tricky schedule-wise. On the plus side a few of my average Ukrainian's have gone up half a star after more frequent game time. Have my eye on Shakhtar's 27 titles, we're on 23.

Big rebuild barely happened, however I was able to sign a Ukrainian wonderkid from Metalist for a sickening 50m, I was quoted 150m in January so I went in at 50m with my first bid in the summer and they accepted instantly.. didn't wanna risk backing out to negotiate so I went through with it. Lost my Mexican LW to Man UFC for 85m just after the season started, and with no stand out replacement I re-signed on loan the guy I let go to Chelsea for 95m about four years ago. 100m made in transfer profit across the season.

Shakhtar's long serving manager resigned at the end of the previous season and they appear to now be going through the Man Utd "post-Fergie" phase. Proper struggled across the season, still managed 3rd 18pts off the top with 66pts. Dnipro appear to have emerged from nowhere as rest of the best, and ran me fairly close as I won the league unbeaten for the 4th time, 84pts with Dnipro on 80. 2 of my 3 draws were against absolute shite. Won the Ukrainian Super Cup vs Cup winners Dnipro, but disgustingly bottled a 2-0 lead at Metalist and lost on penalties in the SF.

Champions League drew me the group of death, Dortmund, Real Madrid and Dinamo Zagreb. Meh, but on the plus side I could maybe have a run in the Europa if I got knocked out. I ended up topping the group, beating Madrid home and away and only dropping points in a defeat at Dortmund. The group of 2nd seeds I could have played only had 1 team that worried me, and of course I drew them. Lost the first leg to Man City 3-1 with 2 fairly late goals, then could only muster up a 2-2 draw at home. Signs of progress I guess from the group stages but the knockout draw proper ****ed me off.

Have got a run of 39 unbeaten in the league on the go again. Despite the loanee winger turning 30 soon I might try and make it into a permanent as he is absolute quality. I had both my GK's injured for the final game of the season, and all youth GKs were either on international duty, ineligible or injured, so I had to stick a greyed out 16yo in the net. Bought on my long-serving RB in goal with 10mins remaining to say goodbye. Will also look to flog my experienced striker Mads Sepp while I can still fetch some dosh for him.

42/43 - Dynamo Kyiv - Premier League - 1st (Ukrainian Super Cup winners)

South Africa is wild. At Kaizer Chiefs I'm in 6 competitions. Three domestic cups (already won 2/2 so far beating Sundowns in the final both times). I'm 2nd in the league, very little between us and Sundowns (bit of a pattern forming here).

In Africa they have 64 teams in their Champions League, two rounds to get it down to 16 and then it's the group stage - which is interesting as it makes the groups quite tough. Imagine if the European one was the last 16 only in the groups.

In my group I have Al-Ahly, Coton Sport and Asante Kotoko. It's a tough group, 'should' beat the latter two, Al-Ahly is ****ing solid though.

Everything I've won so far;

TERENGGANU FC (Malaysia) - 8
Liga Super Malaysia (2) - 2023, 2025
Piala Malaysia (2) - 2023, 2024
Piala FA (1) - 2025
AFC Cup (1) - 2025

Piala Sultan Haji Ahmed Shah / Malaysian Super Cup (2) - 2025, 2026

GANGWON FC (South Korea) - 5
K-League (3) - 2028, 2029, 2031
Korean FA Cup (1) - 2031

AFC Champions League (1) - 2031

KAIZER CHIEFS (South Africa) - 3
MTN8 (1) - 2032/33

Telkom Cup (1) - 2032/33
Carling Black Label Cup (1) - 2032/33

Anyone on here ever completed the pentagon?

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

South Africa is wild. At Kaizer Chiefs I'm in 6 competitions. Three domestic cups (already won 2/2 so far beating Sundowns in the final both times). I'm 2nd in the league, very little between us and Sundowns (bit of a pattern forming here).

In Africa they have 64 teams in their Champions League, two rounds to get it down to 16 and then it's the group stage - which is interesting as it makes the groups quite tough. Imagine if the European one was the last 16 only in the groups.

In my group I have Al-Ahly, Coton Sport and Asante Kotoko. It's a tough group, 'should' beat the latter two, Al-Ahly is ****ing solid though.

Everything I've won so far;

TERENGGANU FC (Malaysia) - 8
Liga Super Malaysia (2) - 2023, 2025
Piala Malaysia (2) - 2023, 2024
Piala FA (1) - 2025
AFC Cup (1) - 2025

Piala Sultan Haji Ahmed Shah / Malaysian Super Cup (2) - 2025, 2026

GANGWON FC (South Korea) - 5
K-League (3) - 2028, 2029, 2031
Korean FA Cup (1) - 2031

AFC Champions League (1) - 2031

KAIZER CHIEFS (South Africa) - 3
MTN8 (1) - 2032/33

Telkom Cup (1) - 2032/33
Carling Black Label Cup (1) - 2032/33

Anyone on here ever completed the pentagon?

I usually move around the same continent, South American ones always ruined by finally thinking I can conquer and be arsed with Colombia. 

You'll find you absolutely trounce some teams in the African Champions League, some real poor teams outside of the big nations. Those little domestic comps in South Africa are class, about 8 teams in them and easy honours to pick up.

2 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I usually move around the same continent, South American ones always ruined by finally thinking I can conquer and be arsed with Colombia. 

You'll find you absolutely trounce some teams in the African Champions League, some real poor teams outside of the big nations. Those little domestic comps in South Africa are class, about 8 teams in them and easy honours to pick up.

I think I'll likely do Argentina when it comes to that. Always quite liked the idea of maybe Penarol or something as well though.

There've been some funny scores on mine. There there was one tie where it finished 18-0 over two legs lol we played a team called Ethiopian Coffee, beat them 0-2 and 5-0, then RC Abidjan, beat them 0-3 and 1-0. We're quite safety first but then again maybe I'm underselling us. We've scored plenty in the league.

The scheduling is horrific at times though. You quite often end up playing twice during midweek. When I beat Sundowns I really thought I might pull off a sextuple but it's not happening with this schedule. I actually think given my focus on the CL I'm going to end up blowing the league. Just played Amazulu away, made 5 changes, were all knackered anyway and we lost 2-1 conceding 3 penalties lol

We're good but there's only so much I can handle. I'm throwing the Nedbank Cup. Got Baroka at home (who are the surprise package) and they're going to beat us after we make 11 changes.

I'm enjoying it again though. If you're ever a bit lost and think you're good at the game then have a go at this. It's draining at times but it's rewarding getting somewhere from such an initially dire position. I essentially put real life me into the game.

9 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think I'll likely do Argentina when it comes to that. Always quite liked the idea of maybe Penarol or something as well though.

There've been some funny scores on mine. There there was one tie where it finished 18-0 over two legs lol we played a team called Ethiopian Coffee, beat them 0-2 and 5-0, then RC Abidjan, beat them 0-3 and 1-0. We're quite safety first but then again maybe I'm underselling us. We've scored plenty in the league.

The scheduling is horrific at times though. You quite often end up playing twice during midweek. When I beat Sundowns I really thought I might pull off a sextuple but it's not happening with this schedule. I actually think given my focus on the CL I'm going to end up blowing the league. Just played Amazulu away, made 5 changes, were all knackered anyway and we lost 2-1 conceding 3 penalties lol

We're good but there's only so much I can handle. I'm throwing the Nedbank Cup. Got Baroka at home (who are the surprise package) and they're going to beat us after we make 11 changes.

I'm enjoying it again though. If you're ever a bit lost and think you're good at the game then have a go at this. It's draining at times but it's rewarding getting somewhere from such an initially dire position. I essentially put real life me into the game.

Not done Argentina in a few years, I did one with Velez a few years ago and won everything, Club World Cup etc so haven't tried it since that really. Past few years my best saves have been in Chile and Uruguay, one was with River Plate Montevideo and a 16 year old Arezo. 

Since the Winter update I've tried one with Junior in Colombia as the 2021 season starts with the closing stage, so thought a short season to start with might help me get in to the save. In the end I still played like 50 odd games and I can't be bothered with it, annoying though as I had a very good team and Luis Diaz' younger brother.

I'm thinking of just being Defensor in Uruguay, if you start in 2021 they are in the second tier but they have an obscene amount of decent kids and probably the best youth set up in the country. Nice kits as well. 

Any decent regens in South Africa at that time? Cape Town Spurs must produce some good ones.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

On 27/05/2022 at 18:13, Stinky said:

Big rebuild barely happened, however I was able to sign a Ukrainian wonderkid from Metalist for a sickening 50m, I was quoted 150m in January so I went in at 50m with my first bid in the summer and they accepted instantly.. didn't wanna risk backing out to negotiate so I went through with it. Lost my Mexican LW to Man UFC for 85m just after the season started, and with no stand out replacement I re-signed on loan the guy I let go to Chelsea for 95m about four years ago. 100m made in transfer profit across the season.

Shakhtar's long serving manager resigned at the end of the previous season and they appear to now be going through the Man Utd "post-Fergie" phase. Proper struggled across the season, still managed 3rd 18pts off the top with 66pts. Dnipro appear to have emerged from nowhere as rest of the best, and ran me fairly close as I won the league unbeaten for the 4th time, 84pts with Dnipro on 80. 2 of my 3 draws were against absolute shite. Won the Ukrainian Super Cup vs Cup winners Dnipro, but disgustingly bottled a 2-0 lead at Metalist and lost on penalties in the SF.

Champions League drew me the group of death, Dortmund, Real Madrid and Dinamo Zagreb. Meh, but on the plus side I could maybe have a run in the Europa if I got knocked out. I ended up topping the group, beating Madrid home and away and only dropping points in a defeat at Dortmund. The group of 2nd seeds I could have played only had 1 team that worried me, and of course I drew them. Lost the first leg to Man City 3-1 with 2 fairly late goals, then could only muster up a 2-2 draw at home. Signs of progress I guess from the group stages but the knockout draw proper ****ed me off.

Have got a run of 39 unbeaten in the league on the go again. Despite the loanee winger turning 30 soon I might try and make it into a permanent as he is absolute quality. I had both my GK's injured for the final game of the season, and all youth GKs were either on international duty, ineligible or injured, so I had to stick a greyed out 16yo in the net. Bought on my long-serving RB in goal with 10mins remaining to say goodbye. Will also look to flog my experienced striker Mads Sepp while I can still fetch some dosh for him.

Feel sick. Two games from absolute dominance on the domestic scene, Super Cup win, winning all games in the Ukrainian Cup, 28/28 in the league and then go and draw at Dnipro in the penultimate game. Dnipro finished 11pts behind on 77, Shakhtar 28 behind in 5th.

43/44 - Dynamo Kyiv - Premier League - 1st (Ukrainian Super Cup winners, Ukrainian Cup winners)

Edited by Stinky

Ten games left in the Swiss Second Tier. Schaan are top with a two point gap - the signing of an Argentinian wonderkind on loan from Young Boys has pushed us on. Grasshoppers are two points behind and we have to play them twice. 

Financially lost about half of the profit made by Europa League, so could really do with going up this season and will mostly likely sell the wizard of a right winger we've got

African Champions League won at the first attempt. Beat Ethiopian Coffee (lol) and RC Abidjan in the preliminaries. Came top of a group of Al-Ahly, Coton Sport and Asante Kotoko. Quarter finals I beat ASEC Mimosas, semi finals I beat Raja Casablanca and then beat Mamelodi Sundowns in an all South African final. Our first ever CL win.

In a weird predicament. I won 4 of the 6 things I was going for - I didn't win the main cup and I somehow ended up coming 3rd in the league following a really poor late end of season. I feel like with the World Club Cup coming up this summer (how ironic if I run into Gangwon) and such an abject collapse in the league I fancy another year just to get the league won, although if anything good comes up in Mexico and the league looks unlikely then I'll sack it off. I've got some good young Thai player coming as well which is the most pentagon challenge signing ever.

I'm sure I'll regret staying when I'm bogged down in a ridiculous fixture list but we'll see. Asia & Africa conquered, North America, South America and Europe to go.

• Like 1

On 27/05/2022 at 22:49, Dan LCFC said:

I think this is what I'm going to do next year, took a two year hiatus after I had a proper satisfying save on 19 which saw me do somet like 50 seasons lol

3 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I think this is what I'm going to do next year, took a two year hiatus after I had a proper satisfying save on 19 which saw me do somet like 50 seasons lol

It's great. I'm really glad I did it. There are times admittedly where it's a bit annoying though - notably when the league becomes a bit easy yet you blow it in the Champions League.

I've got that dilemma now at Kaizer Chiefs. Do I go onto Mexico now or do I try and win the league? Probably the latter but can see it being a bit dull. Kind of feel I need to rectify that garbage second half of the season I had though. I'm not one to moan about dominating and losing but it should never have happened that many times. Must've happened about 7 times.

Mamelodi Sundowns walked the league but I beat them in three different finals.

28 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's great. I'm really glad I did it. There are times admittedly where it's a bit annoying though - notably when the league becomes a bit easy yet you blow it in the Champions League.

I've got that dilemma now at Kaizer Chiefs. Do I go onto Mexico now or do I try and win the league? Probably the latter but can see it being a bit dull. Kind of feel I need to rectify that garbage second half of the season I had though. I'm not one to moan about dominating and losing but it should never have happened that many times. Must've happened about 7 times.

Mamelodi Sundowns walked the league but I beat them in three different finals.

I've always been a bit shit getting over the line on those tournaments too lol . Think I've tried it a few times and given up but I like just having 1 save from start now and take the failures as they come 

One of them, if you shithoused the club world cup would that helped you rep in getting a good Mexican side?

56 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I've always been a bit shit getting over the line on those tournaments too lol . Think I've tried it a few times and given up but I like just having 1 save from start now and take the failures as they come 

One of them, if you shithoused the club world cup would that helped you rep in getting a good Mexican side?

Yeah it's sickening. I had it happen in Korea, I went out three seasons in a row at home to a side I finished above in the league. I was ready to have a break from Asia if I didn't win it in that particular season where I did end up doing so.

Reputation isn't my worry for Mexico. It's just that it feels a shame to not have the South African title. I'm already at 3 stars for reputation (it's dropped since coming to Africa) so I should get a decentish one, although I'm not really bothered about getting the absolute top job because I don't want it to be too easy. I'd happily take a midtable side.

99 unbeaten in the league. Another treble. Ukrained job turned down again last summer, contract runs til 2048 at which point I think i'll call it quits. Will take me level with Shakhtar's recent legendary manager in terms of domestic divisions won, need 4 more domestic trophies to match. 3 more league wins will make us the most successful club in the country.

Going through a bit of a transition now having to change my formation, dropping my CAM (now 34 this year) into a flat 3 in midfield. No decent Ukrainian CAMs out there (or for any position really) but I do have an abudance of talented young CM's, so i'll have to chop and change my 3 foriegn CM's and always play a local lad in there. I'm having to rely on CBs who are 2 star, sometimes 2.5, to partner my star Serbian CB. My LB is a 2.5 Ukrainian. A RW who came through my academy who never looked that good, but was valued at 20-25m as a 17yo finally made his breakthrough as a backup RW for me a couple of years ago at the age of 22, he's realised his potential quite well but he's back up to the 50m wonderkid I pinched from Metalist.

43/44 - Dynamo Kyiv - Premier League - 1st (Ukrainian Super Cup winners, Ukrainian Cup winners)

44/45 - Dynamo Kyiv - Premier League - 1st (Ukrainian Super Cup winners, Ukrainian Cup winners)

17 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yeah it's sickening. I had it happen in Korea, I went out three seasons in a row at home to a side I finished above in the league. I was ready to have a break from Asia if I didn't win it in that particular season where I did end up doing so.

Reputation isn't my worry for Mexico. It's just that it feels a shame to not have the South African title. I'm already at 3 stars for reputation (it's dropped since coming to Africa) so I should get a decentish one, although I'm not really bothered about getting the absolute top job because I don't want it to be too easy. I'd happily take a midtable side.

You thinking of going for the Sudamericana as well when you do south america?

58 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Sudamericana is probably harder if you enter from the start then the Libertadores, mainly because only one side goes through in each group. It's not like Europe either where the quality between Champions League and Europa is evident.

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Doubt it. The same way I won't try and win the secondary one at Kaizer Chiefs either. I just think the league is far more attainable. I finished 3rd in the league which is actually piss poor.

I did win both in Asia but that was because I started there and I won the Asian one with my first ever club in Malaysia. A good achievement albeit in Asia they don't allow the top leagues into it.

• Like 2

Coalville Town are going up to the Prem as Champions! Came down to the final day, we beat Bournemouth 3-0 as Southampton lost 2-1 to Fulham!

Budget for next season isn't too bad either (£29m Transfer Budget, and £250k Wage Budget available), eyeing up a couple of frees but should still be plenty for me to do some bargain hunting to improve our squad enough to hopefully stay up

Rodel Richards has been with us since we were in the National League and now has 135 goals in 180 games for us after his 24 goals this season

O'Malley, Blair, and Devlin the real standouts this season for me - all 3 brought in on frees, O'Malley in on a free from Shamrock Rovers and just 20 years old, Blair and Devlin both 21 and in for free from Northern Ireland

That whole starting 11 cost just £17.75k which was on Connor Shaughnessy, the rest all free transfers (not sure why MacPherson is there, should be Ruben Colwill who was also free)

image.png.f955ca8bdc829bf59c635c58029a4954.png

image.thumb.png.f83b4427cee5d635a2e92b2ada3f0a82.png

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

So we have only been in "Coalville Community Stadium" for this season and we are already getting a new stadium...?

Not having "Adams Stevens Arena" either so will need to change that name... any ideas from people local to Coalville? lol Might go for something like "Snibson Colliery Park"

Also having to play at Forest for the season ffs

image.thumb.png.459d96d57700cb089411934a0bc1fd3f.png

image.png.3a8bf9bf78a287451a15cae41803f5fc.png

Edited by moore_94