Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2022

8 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm in 2038 on my pentagon and Rodgers is still there lol literally it's been about 16 seasons of midtable as well. He did win the conference league once. What's made me laugh is he isn't listed under even favoured personnel nor are Leicester under his favoured clubs.

Libertadores is killing me. I'm yet to make even the quarters in two attempts. Won the league and cup in Argentina but both times have run into the hardest possible draw in the round of 16 and gone out narrowly. Was absolutely adamant it went to penalties so didn't push that hard at 2-2 at home to Flamengo (drew 1-1 away) and it turns out its away goals. I like managing these and I've really sorted out the mess, making them a pretty solid all round team with healthy finances (the latter a miracle in Argentina) but can't help but feel we're never going to be good enough to overhaul the Brazilians and I'm tempted to get over there if I can.

How many years have you been in Argentina now?

13 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

How many years have you been in Argentina now?

Only two but obviously with the way it works over here the league is out of tandem with the Libertadores. So I've just been knocked out the Libertadores round of 16 in July 2038, just as my new season is kicking off. So the soonest I can win it here is November 2039.

It's fun and I do like this league but I'm not sure how much better I can actually make these. Even with money they're never going to hold onto key players due to release clauses which I get stung by on nearly everybody. I have a good team and to be honest we were the better side v Flamengo and we still went out - to think I'm going to have to come through the equivalent of that four times in a row, it's not really realistic I don't think but I might just be being harsh on the fact our draw luck is laughable. Flamengo, Gremio, Palmeiras, Atletico Mineiro and Nacional before I even touch a quarter final. That is brutal.

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

Only two but obviously with the way it works over here the league is out of tandem with the Libertadores. So I've just been knocked out the Libertadores round of 16 in July 2038, just as my new season is kicking off. So the soonest I can win it here is November 2039.

It's fun and I do like this league but I'm not sure how much better I can actually make these. Even with money they're never going to hold onto key players due to release clauses which I get stung by on nearly everybody. I have a good team and to be honest we were the better side v Flamengo and we still went out - to think I'm going to have to come through the equivalent of that four times in a row, it's not really realistic I don't think but I might just be being harsh on the fact our draw luck is laughable. Flamengo, Gremio, Palmeiras, Atletico Mineiro and Nacional before I even touch a quarter final. That is brutal.

Picked up any decent lads from the smaller nations? My Chilean side has a huge number of lads from South American nations outside of the big 2 all under 21 (don't count towards the max 5 rule). Half way through my 5th year, won the Libertadores in the 3rd and just played in the 2025 Club World Cup. Group stage I beat Monterrey 7-0 but lost to Bayern. Bit annoyed that the fan reaction was a C- after losing 2-0 to Bayern. 

6 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Picked up any decent lads from the smaller nations? My Chilean side has a huge number of lads from South American nations outside of the big 2 all under 21 (don't count towards the max 5 rule). Half way through my 5th year, won the Libertadores in the 3rd and just played in the 2025 Club World Cup. Group stage I beat Monterrey 7-0 but lost to Bayern. Bit annoyed that the fan reaction was a C- after losing 2-0 to Bayern. 

I've got a Colombian who is amazing but the catch is he's too good for us to not lose and we'll only get £6mil for him. I'll post them up in a little bit when I get back.

18 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

What a player. Gotta love a centre-back with 16 leadership, too! 

Morales is unbelievable. Easily the best player I've had in the entire save. He can legit win the Ballon D'or.

He's just scored a hat-trick in a 1-3 win at River Plate from the wing. Miracle of a player.

3 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Let us know how you get on with transfers with the financial issues! 

When I joined I changed the expectations to qualify for Europa Conference which I should manage as we are already 7th, it gave me an extra £450k wage budget to spend which when shifted over worked out to about £20m and £75k to spend initially

Thankfully had a fair few poor players in the squad that suprisingly I was actually able to get some decent money for

Tielemans had agreed a contract to join Porto in the summer so sold him early to get his £120k wages freed up

Signed 2 new starters in Zimmermann (to replace Youri), and Kecelioglu (right winger), and 1 young squad player in De Backer (right back)

Still some gaps in the squad depth that are going to need filling and some older players who will need moving on in the summer but I still have a bit of money to spend so going to start hunting down some wonderkids!

image.thumb.png.8ae7482e1552947416f6a04906c9d6f6.png

On 06/08/2022 at 21:54, Ian W LCFC said:

Back to back promotions with Torquay. League one it is! Think this season will be a bit harder, we don't really have the finances to do anything other than signing players under 50k or getting players in on a free.

Had Braybrooke on loan last season and gonna give Will Alves a go this season and see how he does.

Had a great start in League 1, was in the playoffs after 10 games but then dropped off a bit to mid table. Drew Liverpool away in the FA Cup 3rd round but never got to play it because I decided to join Preston when they offered me the job. They were in 23rd place in the Championship in a tricky relegation battle. But I thought it makes sense as a manager to move there as its a big step up from Torquay in terms of the size of the club.

Managed to stay up in the end with a 6 point cushion, but it was tricky for the first 6/7 games I was there. Only got 700k as my transfer budget for the new season which isn't great and I've got quite a small squad with some players wanting to move on.

Hate this game, finally got round to finishing my 5th season in Chile with Unión Española. Just wrapped up my fifth straight league title and my second Libertadores. Get to Jan 1st and the start of the window and bids fly in for three of my best players, rejected the bids and got the usual "not happy" reply, so I chat to persuade them and all three say "they want to win the Libertadores and it isn't realistic with us". 

Two issues with this, all three of them have won it twice with me and literally the season just gone. Secondly all the bids were from European teams so good luck winning it lads. 

Managed to convince them I could win it again within two years, so they've calmed down.

• Haha 1

Gone well off the boil in 2038/39 - won my first 11 league games and was expecting us to win the league, the form of Morales frankly absurd, but we really went off the boil and the doubts crept in. then at the end of January I lose Morales to Dortmund without being able to replace him. The league has gone bar a miracle and I'm basically playing this as a final crack at the Libertadores with these - and yet again we're given a disgustingly hard group of Atletico Mineiro, Vasco da Gama and Penarol. Genuine question - am I missing something in the seeding as to why we keep getting virtually the hardest possible draw at every single leg or is this just the most absurdly unlucky run of all time?

My last four CL draws are...

- Group of two Brazilian teams and Uruguayan champions (meanwhile Boca get a group of a Colombian side, a Peruvian side and a Venezuelan side)

- The side predicted to win the Brazilian league in the round of 16

- Group of two Brazilian teams and Uruguayan champions

The odds on such horrendous luck must be in the thousands. Barely believable.

13 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Gone well off the boil in 2038/39 - won my first 11 league games and was expecting us to win the league, the form of Morales frankly absurd, but we really went off the boil and the doubts crept in. then at the end of January I lose Morales to Dortmund without being able to replace him. The league has gone bar a miracle and I'm basically playing this as a final crack at the Libertadores with these - and yet again we're given a disgustingly hard group of Atletico Mineiro, Vasco da Gama and Penarol. Genuine question - am I missing something in the seeding as to why we keep getting virtually the hardest possible draw at every single leg or is this just the most absurdly unlucky run of all time?

My last four CL draws are...

- Group of two Brazilian teams and Uruguayan champions (meanwhile Boca get a group of a Colombian side, a Peruvian side and a Venezuelan side)

- Group of two Brazilian teams and Uruguayan champions

The odds on such horrendous luck must be in the thousands. Barely believable.

No idea about the seeding to be fair and I've played South America for years, on this Chilean save I'm doing I can't remember off the top of my head ever getting 2 sides from the big 2 nations in the same group. I have before had groups like you have though but weirdly not on this save, although I get pretty much all Brazilian sides in the knockout rounds.

In other news, Dortmund kept bidding for the regen Chilean right winger I signed 4 years ago. Somehow managed to drag them up to over 30 million but turned it down anyway. 

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

No idea about the seeding to be fair and I've played South America for years, on this Chilean save I'm doing I can't remember off the top of my head ever getting 2 sides from the big 2 nations in the same group. I have before had groups like you have though but weirdly not on this save, although I get pretty much all Brazilian sides in the knockout rounds.

In other news, Dortmund kept bidding for the regen Chilean right winger I signed 4 years ago. Somehow managed to drag them up to over 30 million but turned it down anyway. 

It's because before the draw is done there are still play-off routes to settle. There's one Brazilian side out of 16 and both years we've ended up with it, and as expected they've made it to the group. To get that, on top of already having a Brazilian side, as well as a Uruguayan side is barely believable, two years in a row is astonishing.

I'm about 60% sure I'm going through. Got 7 points from 4 but still got to play Mineiro at home and Vasco away, and they're both solid - then again Penarol are behind us and have the same fixtures. I think I'm gonna need to win one of them.

In truth though we're going to have to have a great summer to have any chance of going all the way. It might be for the best in a way if I go out so I can just move on to Brazil.

I only got £6mil for Morales. Nothing I could do about it sadly. I've just bought another player from Colombia, a defender who is excellent but he'd only join for the same clause. It's rubbish but the alternative is just not bothering at all.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's because before the draw is done there are still play-off routes to settle. There's one Brazilian side out of 16 and both years we've ended up with it, and as expected they've made it to the group. To get that, on top of already having a Brazilian side, as well as a Uruguayan side is barely believable, two years in a row is astonishing.

I'm about 60% sure I'm going through. Got 7 points from 4 but still got to play Mineiro at home and Vasco away, and they're both solid - then again Penarol are behind us and have the same fixtures. I think I'm gonna need to win one of them.

In truth though we're going to have to have a great summer to have any chance of going all the way. It might be for the best in a way if I go out so I can just move on to Brazil.

I only got £6mil for Morales. Nothing I could do about it sadly. I've just bought another player from Colombia, a defender who is excellent but he'd only join for the same clause. It's rubbish but the alternative is just not bothering at all.

Only benefit is it gives you chance to knock out a Brazilian side early on, Brazil is fun but like with Colombia the sheer number of games takes it's toll eventually 😂

Yeah no idea how I managed to get them anywhere near that figure his value prior was 4-6 I think, he does put up insane figures though. Most I've actually sold for was the year before and my Venezuelan centre mid to Dortmund for 7.5. 

This board take a certain percentage of yearly revenue though, so the balance would have looked good until the following Decemeber when they took their share and I'd spent some of it and I'd have nothing left come January.

13 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Only benefit is it gives you chance to knock out a Brazilian side early on, Brazil is fun but like with Colombia the sheer number of games takes it's toll eventually 😂

Yeah no idea how I managed to get them anywhere near that figure his value prior was 4-6 I think, he does put up insane figures though. Most I've actually sold for was the year before and my Venezuelan centre mid to Dortmund for 7.5. 

This board take a certain percentage of yearly revenue though, so the balance would have looked good until the following Decemeber when they took their share and I'd spent some of it and I'd have nothing left come January.

There is that but what's the use when we'll just run into another one in the next round anyway lol I sold a defender to Mainz for £20mil (in three payments) which has largely tied me over and I do have a couple of youngsters here who don't have these horrible clauses, but I don't really plan on sticking much longer here. I don't think I can get a lot more out of them.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Months late but every time there's a patch you should re-apply the sortitoutsi real names fix.

I've done it and it'll only work on a new game annoyingly! Going to have to grin and bare it though otherwise I'm never finishing this off.