Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Leicester City v Man City (H) Match Thread

What's the thinking, we try to hold them scoreless another half hour and then we go diamond?

We are passing with some real authority coming out the back. Feels like a recipe.for.disaster but if we passed with this sort of precise urgency against teams other than the fuching European all-star side that is Man City, I have to think we would ha e a great deal.of success. I get why we are playing Vardy, but he's just a bit toothless today. He needs to be invigorated with a partner who can actually help him, maybe pull.Madders and Kelechi or Daka in there.

Overall pleasing. Man City have had a lot of chances but great defending to keep them at bay.

Madders & Youri have slowed a lot down in midfield, Albrighton & Barnes look like they Could make something happen out wide. Think Albrighton will make way for Lookman mid way through the second half.

Would like to see Daka get a go.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 2

Defensively we’ve done well, Vestergaard our best player so far.

Going forward has been slightly frustrating, Maddison in possession keeps slowing us down, we’ve also played numerous hopeless long balls which just gifts Man City possession again.

4 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I spent the entire half restarting streams that were dirtier than a weekend in Middlesbrough, so I only intermittently saw what was going on there, but it looked like we were soaking up a lot of pressure, being fouled a fair bit and having the odd chance up top.

I may have seen Maddison slow down two or three attacks, though.

On the positive side, I suppose, I have had a number of invitations to meet Russian and Asian babes in my local area :blink:

http://nflsportz.com/embed/2.php?sport=soccer

1 minute ago, Tom12345 said:

We need Nachos, our last season’s top scorer who can also linkup play. Maddison apart from one good pass has been too slow and ineffective.

Barnes is likewise not doing much.

So we need Nachos and Daka in for Maddison and Barnes.

So two strikers for two midfielders at home to Man City when it’s currently 0-0 and we’re under the cosh ? What formation would you play?

No sarcasm genuinely interested.

Edited by TJB-fox

Can we see Lookman in for Albrighton in the 2nd half? Marc is gonna tire anyway soon enough. City pounce straightway so can't get much of a breather in between transitions. Agree Vesty is looking pretty solid. Youre is not gonna win any running battles so just keep passing them balls to vardy hopefully he'll get on the end of one of them

3 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

So two strikers for two midfielders at home to Man City when it’s currently 0-0 and we’re under the cosh ? What formation would you play?

No sarcasm genuinely interested.

To be fair, they're already ripping us apart and getting plenty of shots in, so why not try to pressure them at the other end? It may just work, or we may concede five... 

What's the thinking, we try to hold them scoreless another half hour and then we go diamond?

We are passing with some real authority coming out the back. Feels like a recipe.for.disaster but if we passed with this sort of precise urgency against teams other than the European all-star side that is Man City, we'd have a lot of success. 

Soyuncu is clearly beat suited to be the jr. man in a back two.

Seeing edouard score for CP like 5 seconds after he subbed on vs. Spurs kinda hurts, not gonna lie.