Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Leicester City v Man City (H) Match Thread

Just now, Goober said:

Soyuncu has shown over a number of years he's the far better centre half. Not sure how it equates to 'clear favoritism' 

I'm one who really doesn't rate Big Dan, I've dreaded every game with him starting so far. Having said that Soyuncu's form is massively concerning, he's a confidence player and he is coming into this after some very bad games, he shouldn't be starting today over Amartey.

At least we haven't gone for the two DM double pivot. If Maddison is not up to speed we have the option of either Nacho and two up top, or if being bossed in midfield, Soumare/KDH for a bit more steel in the middle. Just hope that, if its not working BR makes the changes earlier than the 80th minute. If we are still in the game at HT then don't expect to see any subs until  much later on unless forced.

As we actually have some strength and potential gamechangers on the bench for once, it will be interesting to see how and when Brendan utilises them

Just now, coolhandfox said:

So playing well for 75% of two seasons means nothing? 

It means less when the worst part of the other 25% has been in the last few weeks. It's not like his outings for Turkey give any comfort.

Whatever his ceiling in terms of ability, he's currently having a mare of a time. I suppose a trial by fire against Man City, paired with an ultra-slow unit coming back from injury, is one way to shift the confidence dial

Just now, NasPb said:

Amartey 100% deserves to play and sk does kelechi. Other than that it's fine. Maddison shouldn't be starting. As others have mentioned Rodgers better change if it's not working. Love Rodgers but so so so stubborn 

Agree with this. BR should be making changes earlier in games that he does. But heyho.....who am I to argue with TWO trophies in 4 months!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Goober said:

Soyuncu has shown over a number of years he's the far better centre half. Not sure how it equates to 'clear favoritism' 

but he’s clearly out of form. Had some awful games. What he did two years ago shouldn’t matter otherwise it’s all a bit Gareth Southgatey…

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Don't like that team at all. Amartey has been one of our best players this season but has been dropped, with Soyuncu woefully out of form. In fact if he makes a mistake today, I put that on Brendan because after his red card midweek for Turkey there is a very good argument for giving Soyuncu a bit of a rest for his own mental well-being. Amartey has been involved in 2 wins against Man City, and is much faster than Vestergaard. In fact Ferran Torres is one of the worst players I think we could lineup against Vestergaard, because the Spaniard is all about pace and clever movement.

Maddison has been a total passenger in every game this season. I rate him as a player but if he's not on it today that's again on the manager for me.

Hopefully against Napoli some of the new boys / KDH come in. It's long overdue.

At least Bertrand starts, he was brilliant in pre-season it must be said.

This. Even with a fully fit Vestergaard, who'd played with his team mates plenty of times before, I'd be worried. 

There's always the chance of a miracle with the two CB's clicking, but really feels like that's incredibly unlikely. Really hope I'm wrong

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sishades said:

I did not realise Cags got sent off this week. Could be something serious going on with him. 

IMO there is, because he's playing like he's got a mental block.

I think he was under huge pressure at the Euros because he won the FA Cup with us and Turkey were fancied by many as a dark horse. But they had a nightmare tournament and he was poor. He got slated back in Turkey and I think it's still playing on his mind, hence many uncharacteristic errors.

In situations like this, it's better to give a player a few weeks off and work with a psychologist and then come back. It's a case of "losing your mojo" which can happen to anyone. He will get over it because he's too good not to, but if a situation like this isn't managed carefully it can spiral out of control. My fear is he makes another mistake today which costs us a goal, because then fans might turn on him. We have league games coming up and games against Moscow / Legia too. Get him back in those games to build confidence, that would be my opinion.

At the same time I get that of the CBs we have available he's our best one. But there's a fine line to tread with situations like this.

If you are at the game today, please get behind him, because he needs it.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2

Guest StevieLynex
1 minute ago, Dandy king said:

Maddison is there purely to fall over and win free kicks for Bertrand guys don't you get the tactics ? 

A mirror image of his £100m opponent today