Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 0- Man City 1 Post match thread.

16 minutes ago, MPH said:

Meanwhile Odsonne Edouard scores twice for Palace..

Let's not go there. We've all heard enough of how we should have kept Chris Wood/ Kramaric/Gray or bought Edouard/insert any other player we have been linked with that scores a goal 

• Like 4

I don’t know the last time I watched us play really well, for a 80/90 minute duration… get the odd 10 - 15 mins but the rest is pretty awful to watch. 

Just feels stale - and same old players keep getting games when they’ve been underperforming. 

Somethings got to change - needs freshening up 

• Like 3

Well beaten today but best I’ve seen this year from us really. Maddison can’t possibly start next game, nacho has to surely. I worry that Perez will come straight back in but hope I’m wrong. It will be interesting to see what team plays against napoli. Great to see some lads getting back to fitness again. Much better defensive display, vesta looked pretty good, as did lookman. A few things to get excited about now with Man City out of way, that was never gonna be easy. Can’t begrudge that performance really, both teams will have easier games than that. 

29 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Such a frustrating game in the end. We played pretty well but didn't take our chances, we made one big costly mistake and they take away all 3 points.

Some takeaways:

- Iheanacho must start. He changes the game for the better every time he comes on.

- Maddison is totally off form and should be dropped. He was a bit better today, but ultimately a passenger again.

- Vestergaard was really impressive. His passing was really good apart from one mistake. He looks like a good signing.

- Lookman looked promising, probably fulfilling the Demarai Gray role of coming on against tired legs to make an impact. Possibly should have scored, but had a very positive performance.

Ultimately that mistake by Schmeichel in the build up to their goal cost us the match, but he made 2 or 3 outstanding saves to stop goals so perhaps it's unfair to single him out. The tactics weren't the issue today, probably not even the subs, though I feel the starting XI was a mistake because of Maddison's inclusion.

Think we deserved something from that game. Barnes had a free header and hit the cross bar. You are always taught to head it down!

Rodgers will substitute Maddison with ......................................... Perez

• Sad 1
  • Haha 3

While I'm really supportive of the management and think they've done an incredible job, overachieving based on our resources, continuing to play Maddison, Barnes and previously Perez is a bit of a headscratcher. 

I thought Praet didn't play after he came back from injury as Rodgers didn't want to risk playing two players coming back to fitness at the same time when the pressure was on. 

Yet, he's continuing to persevere with Maddison and Barnes, and if Perez plays as well, we lack physicality.  

Sounds like Ihenacho made a big impact when he came on, and surely he should start now ahead of Maddison. That might mean moving to a diamond to keep control of midfield (i.e. Ndidi, Soumare, and Tielemans in midfield) but our fullbacks are so attacking you'd think we can make it work. 

Big positive is the defence - great to hear Vestergaard played well, and Evans is back as well, while Soy looked more composed. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 1

Unlucky to lose, but that's what happens when you don't take chances against a top team. They got a lucky break and nicked the goal.

Maddison and Barnes are very worrying. Least Barnes is getting into good positions. Maddison is playing awfully. He is not offering anything at all. I hope he's dropped starting Thursday. 

I hope we play at least one of Daka or Iheancho on Thurs

BR must believe Madders and Barnes could catch fire at any moment, but Madders particularly is driving me bananas. He did look a little better than previously to me, but waiting for him to justify his selection is killing us, a total luxury player when not on it.

Otherwise a lot of good signs today, the better experience at the back showed, apart from  the goal. I thought we just looked a touch disorganised for a few minutes when we changed the CB's, and that cost us.

Edited by Vardinio'sCat

31 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Outshot 25-6 with 39% possession (most of that after they scored) is hardly much resistance.  You can't fault the effort and we defended well (Vestergaard was excellent) but in no way were we in their class as far as execution.  

Major problems in the final third, clearly.  Nothing from the right again, and even when we were trailing Lookman came on for Barnes on the left with Albrighton remaining - that should make it pretty clear we aren't seeing Barnes and Lookman as opposite wingers in the same lineup.  Kelechi has to start every match, period - our only real threat was after he came on.  And Maddison has delivered nothing in four matches.

I think you have to consider Lookman ahead of Barnes too at this point, as he looked much more threatening and Harvery has been almost as invisible as Maddison.

....we lacked composure once again and it keeps on happening!!!

Wrong balls being played, either too late or over and under hit, it is just so frustrating to see this happening again. There was enough opportunities to get a result today and we did not take them.

Thought we played alright. Some heroic defending, stopping Man City taking the lead earlier.

Think the criticism of Maddison is a bit over the top. He showed some nice touches and spread it better but he’s still way off his best. 

Kelechi really looks one of our most influential players now. Feel bad for Daka.

39 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Outshot 25-6 with 39% possession (most of that after they scored) is hardly much resistance.  You can't fault the effort and we defended well (Vestergaard was excellent) but in no way were we in their class as far as execution.  

Major problems in the final third, clearly.  Nothing from the right again, and even when we were trailing Lookman came on for Barnes on the left with Albrighton remaining - that should make it pretty clear we aren't seeing Barnes and Lookman as opposite wingers in the same lineup.  Kelechi has to start every match, period - our only real threat was after he came on.  And Maddison has delivered nothing in four matches.

I think you have to consider Lookman ahead of Barnes too at this point, as he looked much more threatening and Harvery has been almost as invisible as Maddison.

Barnes was absolutely knackered, probably why Lookman came on for him rather than Albrighton

Also probably a bit much to say Lookman is ahead of Barnes already after coming on for 15 minutes against tired legs

Thought we were decent today but the bar has been set low. Can't complain with 6 points though. Certainly more than we deserve.

Maddison needs binning. He's no better than Perez on form and we all know how he's regarded on here.

Atmosphere very poor again. We're becoming entitled without the team to match 

• Like 2

Wasn’t a bad watch   I suppose it’s the best performance this campaign against an astute Man City defence. 
a few wayward passes when the players lost their legs and some absolute shocking distribution from kasper 

not happy we lost but to still be in the game till the end is encouraging signs 

Lookman looked decent and nacho was at the heart of the attacks from the moment he came on.  Positive signs going forward 

players IMO that need a kick up the arris are sonch MADD’s and Albrighton   They are so much better than what they showed today 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Barnes was absolutely knackered, probably why Lookman came on for him rather than Albrighton

Also probably a bit much to say Lookman is ahead of Barnes already after coming on for 15 minutes against tired legs

The problem is that Barnes has had four matches and done pretty much nothing.

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

The problem is that Barnes has had four matches and done pretty much nothing.

Yeah but for all we know Lookman could be another Gray that only looks good off the bench

Bit early to be saying he is ahead of Barnes - although I do think Lookman may start against Napoli anyway