Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 0- Man City 1 Post match thread.

8 hours ago, splinterdream said:

you know, for all we know he may have some stuff going on in his head. It's up to the manager to put out the best team, it's up to us to support them, if they're crap we're entitled to say they're crap, but to boo is just scummy

We can say they’re crap on places like this and down the pub …… To  openly do it at the ground is counter productive. It’s never going to achieve anything apart from making you feel better that you’ve got your frustration off your chest. But that’s simply never ever going to improve the very thing that’s frustrating you. So don’t do it.  Cos it’s likely to make things worse for the rest of us who are better able to control our emotions.  Get a fidget toy instead! 

(not aimed at you btw )

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Style of play is just one of a long list of excuses. Most fans just can’t be arsed to vocally support now, a sad truth.

Bang on. Over the past five years we've had...

- Style of football doesn't make us want to sing

- Too nervous to sing

- Too bored to sing

- Fans not drunk enough

- Fans too drunk

- Too hot to sing

- Too cold to sing

- Kick-off too early

- Kick-off too late

- Too many casual fans

- Not enough casual fans

I could go on...

The excuse-making among us is pathetic. When are people just going to admit they're not interested in supporting their team?

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Babylon said:

We've always been the sort of fanbase that gets behind a crunching tackle, or a bit of up and at 'em style of football. How much can you get behind people passing it between the centre backs 500 times a game, it shouldn't be an excuse. But it really doesn't help. 

Heathen, if you can appreciate the technical world class ability of playing safe 10 yard passes then im not sure you even deserve to be a fan of this fine club.

The club seem to be loosening up a bit but they've been anti atmosphere for as long as I can remember. Going back to the N block experiment. They couldn't wait to nip that in the bud

I wonder what the age demographic is of the fans are at the KP? For me if you make it more difficult for the young working class lads to get in and go for the retired middle class, you're going to get less noise. 

I know as a lad going down to filbert Street, part of the buzz was attempting to get a song going.

I'm not saying the retired sandwich/coffee flask people shouldn't have a ticket but you need to make it easier for the young lads to get tickets as well which is why I was disappointed with the size of our increase which I don't think will help.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The club is starting to reap what it has sown in terms of the "atmosphere". It's been a sustained campaign to promote a family environment and do nothing to appeal to people who may be interested in creating a bit of noise for at least half a decade now. 

As previously mentioned they aren't bothered about a genuinely loud, passionate stadium. It's just about gimmicks and quick fixes and staying "on brand". 

It'll get much worse too.

If true, that's such an odd stance to take. A loud stadium is a major advantage for the home side. That means more points, which means more money, potential European places, etc, which in turn will help to attract better players. Why would the club consciously opt out of that in favour of a bland atmosphere that helps the opposition? It makes literally no sense.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I wonder what the age demographic is of the fans are at the KP? For me if you make it more difficult for the young working class lads to get in and go for the retired middle class, you're going to get less noise. 

I know as a lad going down to filbert Street, part of the buzz was attempting to get a song going.

I'm not saying the retired sandwich/coffee flask people shouldn't have a ticket but you need to make it easier for the young lads to get tickets as well which is why I was disappointed with the size of our increase which I don't think will help.

There are plenty of the demographic you mention only arsed about singing if it's in a concourse for their Instagram. So many turn mute the minute they step out and see some grass.

We can blame the Owd Dears with flasks all we want but it's absolutely not the reason our ends are completely pancake, home and away.

That said, affordable tickets definitely must be part of the expansion. If the club are only interested in chasing cash for cash's sake then things will only get worse.

• Like 4

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...they probably do not notice, as they are too engrossed in the game!!!

Packing out the KP is also supporting your club, vocalising that support, is another thing.

Of course just turning up is a form of support in that you're handing the club your hard-earned cash, but don't be surprised if that then produces a flat game - a reason you've claimed for why our atmosphere is so toss - when that's all you're prepared to do. Players are inspired by good atmospheres - we only have to look back a few seasons to see what that did for us.

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The club is starting to reap what it has sown in terms of the "atmosphere". It's been a sustained campaign to promote a family environment and do nothing to appeal to people who may be interested in creating a bit of noise for at least half a decade now. 

As previously mentioned they aren't bothered about a genuinely loud, passionate stadium. It's just about gimmicks and quick fixes and staying "on brand". 

It'll get much worse too.

...there is nothing to stop the ground from singing or being vocal!!!

If you want an atmosphere then you have the opportunity to do so. Moving the Kop next to the away fans only increases the potential for trouble  and that is not what the owners would be looking at.

Wasn't there something kicking off in the Manchester City area, it doesn't take much to start hurling coins and projectiles into an area indiscriminately. 

I remember on the park to celebrate the title win there were cans being hurled into the crowd near where I was standing with my family with young kids and one in a push chair. We just had to get out of the situation as fast as we could as we were right in the middle of the crowd.

We can't always legislate for poor and anti social behaviour but we do not want to create an environment for it to grow. 

14 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Of course just turning up is a form of support in that you're handing the club your hard-earned cash, but don't be surprised if that then produces a flat game - a reason you've claimed for why our atmosphere is so toss - when that's all you're prepared to do. Players are inspired by good atmospheres - we only have to look back a few seasons to see what that did for us.

...we contrived to finish 5th in a season without supporters!!!

We feed off what is happening on the pitch, the dislike of the opposition helps to maintain a lively and loud atmosphere but until we start to play a more up tempo style of football then we will have this lull in  vocal support. 

Have you noticed at start of games we are on the front foot and the crowd are reacting to that  but if we fail to score we begin to sit off and the game then either descends into a game of chess or the opposition gets a foothold and the crowd becomes nervous.  The immediate thought is not about vocalising your support but.... "can we keep them out, we are not looking too good at the back".

If we are watching a game for the connoisseurs full of technical  and strategic play, then we will get this flat and quiet surroundings.

15 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we contrived to finish 5th in a season without supporters!!!

We feed off what is happening on the pitch, the dislike of the opposition helps to maintain a lively and loud atmosphere but until we start to play a more up tempo style of football then we will have this lull in  vocal support. 

Have you noticed at start of games we are on the front foot and the crowd are reacting to that  but if we fail to score we begin to sit off and the game then either descends into a game of chess or the opposition gets a foothold and the crowd becomes nervous.  The immediate thought is not about vocalising your support but.... "can we keep them out, we are not looking too good at the back".

If we are watching a game for the connoisseurs full of technical  and strategic play, then we will get this flat and quiet surroundings.

In a season when no-one else had supporters either. lol

If you're only ever going to offer your support on condition that what's going on on the pitch is exciting, then you're not going to be using your voice that often. That's not just Leicester, that's football. There's nowhere in the world that play is so constantly end to end that you can't help roaring your head off all the time solely because of what's happening on the pitch.

You have a choice if a game isn't being played at the tempo you want it to be played at - sit there quietly and let it descend or offer your vocal encouragement in the hope it inspires the players. We're choosing the former at the moment and look where it's getting us...

Edited by Voll Blau

2 hours ago, splinterdream said:

Generalisation & age stereotyping.

I am over 60, do not take sandwiches or coffee flasks down the City, unfortunately not retired & definitely not middle class & attend games with mates of my own age & can tell you we make plenty of noise.

Now, where's me zimmer?

• Like 1

Genuine question to those that are talking about the atmosphere, is it not as great because of the EPL tourist trap thing? I can't speak for Leicester (hence why I'm asking this question) but do a lot of football tourists flock to the King Power? If so surely this has an effect. I've been to Old Trafford and White Hart Lane in the past and was pretty shocked at the lack of atmosphere and the amount of football tourists. I was expecting Old Trafford in particular to be great but it wasn't a patch on the atmosphere at Celtic park, even on a bog standard home league match.

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Genuine question to those that are talking about the atmosphere, is it not as great because of the EPL tourist trap thing? I can't speak for Leicester (hence why I'm asking this question) but do a lot of football tourists flock to the King Power? If so surely this has an effect. I've been to Old Trafford and White Hart Lane in the past and was pretty shocked at the lack of atmosphere and the amount of football tourists. I was expecting Old Trafford in particular to be great but it wasn't a patch on the atmosphere at Celtic park, even on a bog standard home league match.

No chance we can blame that. You do get the odd tourist-looking type at games but the vast majority of our home crowds are long-term season ticket holders.

• Like 3

It's been said a million times before that we lost most of out atmosphere due to the mismanagement of the move from Filbert Street. The South/Fosse/Kop stand was advertised as the home end but actually just transfered the old Double-deckers into the prime behind the goal seats. It was too late then. Look how difficult it's been for UFS to establish a singing section. It's never going to change whilst reserved seating is a thing. 

12 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Style of play is just one of a long list of excuses. Most fans just can’t be arsed to vocally support now, a sad truth.

Sign of the times I’m afraid. Apathy infects so many. Far more contagious than many things. It’s what they always wanted. Sanitise the game, the fans, rid of us of the passions that used to lead to the naughty stuff. Turn the game into a commodity and us into simple consumers. They’ve done well. 

37 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

In a season when no-one else had supporters either. lol

If you're only ever going to offer your support on condition that what's going on on the pitch is exciting, then you're not going to be using your voice that often. That's not just Leicester, that's football. There's nowhere in the world that play is so constantly end to end that you can't help roaring your head off all the time solely because of what's happening on the pitch.

You have a choice if a game isn't being played at the tempo you want it to be played at - sit there quietly and let it descend or offer your vocal encouragement in the hope it inspires the players. We're choosing the former at the moment and look where it's getting us...

...if you are referring to success on the pitch I would suggest most people would gladly accept it!!!

If it is regarding vocal support then let us agree to disagree. 

6 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I'd say that they're still much much better than ours. Old Trafford has a large number of tourists, but it also has the Stretford End and the capability of the whole ground being on its feet for big games/moments. 

People take the piss out of West Ham and the London Stadium, but the noise they made after being away for 18 months was proper. We can blame acoustics, team selection, slow play all we like but we just don't have many partisan fans anymore. The expectant atmosphere makes me question if anybody actually enjoys football anymore. 

I said it in another thread, but if Leicester lost at home to anybody other than Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea or United they would get booed off. It's not a crowd anymore, it's an audience. This is the golden era for our football club and yet they get the lowest amount of backing I've seen since I can remember. Culturally, it's gone stale and of course it's good that the club promote family-friendly stuff to encourage lifelong City fans to take their kids to games, but what makes you fall in love with football is the passion and the noise. They'd do well to remember that.

• Like 4

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...if you are referring to success on the pitch I would suggest most people would gladly accept it!!!

If it is regarding vocal support then let us agree to disagree. 

We're not successful because our ground is quiet. We're successful despite it.

That's not something that'll last forever, and who's not to say we'd have been more successful if our gobs had been open a bit more when the team really needed us...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

...I  did not say the reason is due to the atmosphere off the pitch!!!

I said what is happening on the pitch, dictates the supporters reactions.

I’ve got an SK2 ST but starting to get my little girl and mrs to the games and managed tickets to the Wolves game but sat very close to them. I was trying to be much better behaved because I don’t wanna scare my little one and look good in front of the mrs so it already ruined the game for me a little bit. The Wolves fans were noisy a few times but because it’s the family stand we gave very little back. I found sitting there a terrible experience but I’ll persist so I can get there priority points up and possible season tickets in the future.

Sat in my normal seat at SK2 on Saturday and enjoyed it so much more. I’ll get behind my team but I wouldn’t shout and scream for 90mins, I don’t thing the guys around me would stand for it 😂

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  did not say the reason is due to the atmosphere off the pitch!!!

I said what is happening on the pitch, dictates the supporters reactions.

Fine, you were putting it forward as a potential excuse though. And as I've said, it doesn't have to be that what's happening on the pitch dictates supporters' actions. We all have a choice - back the team when they need us and the game's a bit flat or don't bother. We're choosing the latter at the minute.