Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 0- Man City 1 Post match thread.

15 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Sorry but they weren't that good. A few chants (usually the fvcking same), quiet and then a few chants again.

Not a patch on their City neighbours or even sides like Leeds.  They didn't consistently drown us out like Man Utd will.

But we'll go to their place and it'll be quiet as fvck. It's how it works. Home atmospheres around the league are not good.

Where were you sat? Because from where I was they were literally deafening. Couldn’t hear jack coming from the kop.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The level of negativity is drastically disproportionate to losing one nil in a close game to the reigning champions. 

Probably our best performance of the season 😂

Went to the game today. A lot of positives, I feel today. Never expected anything from the game, in terms of a result. 

Vestegaard was a beast.

Vesty, Ricardo, Bertrand and Evans, all on the return. 

Vardy looking sharp 

Barnes Header.

Lookman looked like he’s keen.

Wilf is also a beast

Negatives;

Tielemans and Madders had poor games

Schmiechels erratic distribution

Albrightons pace

Queues at the bar

cheers

Edited by FoxinNotts
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Sorry but they weren't that good. A few chants (usually the fvcking same), quiet and then a few chants again.

Not a patch on their City neighbours or even sides like Leeds.  They didn't consistently drown us out like Man Utd will.

But we'll go to their place and it'll be quiet as fvck. It's how it works. Home atmospheres around the league are not good.

...any reason why the away fans are louder than the home fans, as you would have thought they would also be at the home game!!!

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...any reason why the away fans are louder than the home fans, as you would have thought they would also be at the home game!!!

Because in an away end the fans all closer together so when the singers start songs everyone in that end can join in. Whereas at home they’ll be split up in different areas of the ground and won’t be heard. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

I agree but there was a few times he received passes and there were man city players on top of him.

......he was good in the first half and received a lot of balls under pressure and was brave with his passing in those instances!!!

As the game wore on he was unable to impact the game and became loose in possession. This I feel is the reason for Soumare, to make a three in the middle taking the pressure off Tielemans so he can dictate our play.

Very much if you shutdown Tielemans you effectively shut us down.

5 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

Why why why make subs sooo late all the time. We was crying out for them should of bin made soon has they scored not on 72 minutes. Its like rodgers is to arrogant to make them any earlier.

Easy to say that now isn't it. 

I suppose you'd of done a better job, yeah? 

Guest Col city fan
6 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

Why why why make subs sooo late all the time. We was crying out for them should of bin made soon has they scored not on 72 minutes. Its like rodgers is to arrogant to make them any earlier.

Gotta agree

I was crying out at the stream I was watching after they scored for Rodgers to change what we were doing, to make the subs and to try to get back into the game

He did it too late

Read about 2 pages of comments, with about 6 different spellings of Vestergaard 😂😂 

Westergard 

Westerguard 

Vestergard 

Vesterguard 

Anyone know why he went off?

Bench is better than the first XI 

Couldn't take a flask into the ground what kind of dogshit is that?

It was too hot 

Tielemans and Albrighton were shagged out after an hour.

12 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

......he was good in the first half and received a lot of balls under pressure and was brave with his passing in those instances!!!

As the game wore on he was unable to impact the game and became loose in possession. This I feel is the reason for Soumare, to make a three in the middle taking the pressure off Tielemans so he can dictate our play.

Very much if you shutdown Tielemans you effectively shut us down.

Very much so I wanted us to start with 3 in midfield today for that very reason but what do I know I'm no premier league manager

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Adster said:

Easy to say that now isn't it. 

I suppose you'd of done a better job, yeah? 

Well yer i would of made them soon has they scored.  I dont think im the only one who is sick of how Rodgers makes subs we actually now have very top players on the bench that can change the game just like our subs today. Imagine if they had come on earlier what could of happened 

3 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

...you have got to believe that there is some science to this 70 minute change policy!!!

Is it possible that 70 minutes is the optimum amount of time when players energy, concentration and mental acuity start to drop off. There really is no reason why the change should not have happened before but he continues to switch it up with 20 minutes to go.

1 minute ago, Lcfc098 said:

Absolutely pathetic effort from the fans once again. Union FS in the kop only ones to consistently try and make some noise. Doesn’t help when no one wants to follow. Guess this is the result of our stands being full of grandmas and children.

What a stupid ignorant thing to say. Waving a flag singing a monotonous song for half an hour is no more of a fan than a young family or a 'grandma' that's probably been going a lot longer than you. If you don't already, then I suggest you stand with the morons who goad the away fans all game in L1 or immerse yourself in the hippy hubub of the flag wavers. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

Defo we needed to change our attacking options but Brendan bought on Evans???

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you have got to believe that there is some science to this 70 minute change policy!!!

Is it possible that 70 minutes is the optimum amount of time when players energy, concentration and mental acuity start to drop off. There really is no reason why the change should not have happened before but he continues to switch it up with 20 minutes to go.

I honestly dont no but with the quality we have on the bench to me there is no excuse.