Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 0- Man City 1 Post match thread.

All I hear here all the time is TV pundits say why doesn't Brendan make the substitutions enough in the second half or why doesn't Kelechi come on earlier. Any answers why Brendan doesn't make changes earlier because I see this time and time again, giving 15mins of play is very restrictive for the incoming players to perform.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Defo we needed to change our attacking options but Brendan bought on Evans???

To be honest its starting to piss me off Albrighton could hardly move after 60 minutes. He offered absolutely nothing and then we have players like daka on the bench i no hes not a winger but get his fresh fast legs on and attack them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

To be honest its starting to piss me off Albrighton could hardly move after 60 minutes. He offered absolutely nothing and then we have players like daka on the bench i no hes not a winger but get his fresh fast legs on and attack them.

I didn't get the first sub at all we were camped out in our own area with limited outlets and Vestergard was doing well I thought Nacho was coming on which I agreed with and then Evans came on and a couple of minutes later we conceded 

4 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

We need to play 4-3-3 Lookman and Nacho looked very dangerous when they came on

...not too sure nacho would work in 4-3-3 as he will want to drop off into the #10 position and supply!!!

The best option for 4-3-3 for the front three would be Barnes (left) Vardy (Central) Lookman (right). Daka is a terrific player but he has come up against a resurgent Vardy and that is a pretty immoveable force. Using Daka in the Euros will get him match fit and he will be ready to come straight in to cover injuries.

The only problem with the above setup is, that Rodgers views Lookman as a Barnes stand in, and will only look to use him in that manner.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

What a stupid ignorant thing to say. Waving a flag singing a monotonous song for half an hour is no more of a fan than a young family or a 'grandma' that's probably been going a lot longer than you. If you don't already, then I suggest you stand with the morons who goad the away fans all game in L1 or immerse yourself in the hippy hubub of the flag wavers. 

You would say that as you’re clearly one of them who don’t get involved. When it’s been proven that the fans can be the 12th man and the players and coaches have spoken about the 12th man especially in the title winning season, why not help the team and get behind them? Or is you paying your money to sit and watch 90 mins more than enough and you’ve done your bit

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...not too sure nacho would work in 4-3-3 as he will want to drop off into the #10 position and supply!!!

The best option for 4-3-3 for the front three would be Barnes (left) Vardy (Central) Lookman (right). Daka is a terrific player but he has come up against a resurgent Vardy and that is a pretty immoveable force. Using Daka in the Euros will get him match fit and he will be ready to come straight in to cover injuries.

The only problem with the above setup is, that Rodgers views Lookman as a Barnes stand in, and will only look to use him in that manner.

Was Nacho not playing on the right when he came on today? I think I'd rather have Lookman on the left at the minute over Barnes

7 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

I didn't get the first sub at all we were camped out in our own area with limited outlets and Vestergard was doing well I thought Nacho was coming on which I agreed with and then Evans came on and a couple of minutes later we conceded 

...as previously mentioned, it might have been pre arranged for him to come off after 60 minutes!!!

Having just come back from an injury it may have been asking too much for him to finish the game. But yes I did think,why were we making this change, as Vestergaard was very much attuned to the game and was reading their attackers well.

4 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

You would say that as you’re clearly one of them who don’t get involved. When it’s been proven that the fans can be the 12th man and the players and coaches have spoken about the 12th man especially in the title winning season, why not help the team and get behind them? Or is you paying your money to sit and watch 90 mins more than enough and you’ve done your bit

Did I say that? I chant, sing and try and fire the team up, but you're comment made out as if families, women, old people are not welcome at football, which is ignorant. And as I say, you mention the flag wavers singing the same crap song for 30 mins which is hardly any better. Where do you sit out of interest?

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...as previously mentioned, it might have been pre arranged for him to come off after 60 minutes!!!

Having just come back from an injury it may have been asking too much for him to finish the game. But yes I did think,why were we making this change, as Vestergaard was very much attuned to the game and was reading their attackers well.

I agree but that's pretty worrying and kind of says Brendan can't differentiate from a pre game plan 

18 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Brendan said in the pre-match about how we need to be careful with Vestergaard and Evans, managing their game time properly

It was the right sub to make, him and Evans switching at about 60 minutes for the next couple of weeks is likely to be a regular sub seen, one for the other, neither are at a point where they can manage 90 minutes but it is important we get them game time

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

I agree but that's pretty worrying and kind of says Brendan can't differentiate from a pre game plan 

One of the main things people pelt Rodgers with is his management of injured players, he looks to be managing Vestergaard and Evans well and still gets moaned about?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

4 3 3 with Nacho on the right it could work with Ricardo playing as an attacking full back to provide width, while Nacho plays a bit more centrally? With a midfield three, one would then help defend the right wing to stop Ricardo getting overloaded when he drives forward.

Not sure how else we can fit Nacho in without going back to 3 5 2.   In a flat 4 4 2 we get usually get totally overran in midfield and a diamond 4 4 2 we will get overran on the flanks. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Citeh said:

Might’ve been mentioned before, anyone notice Craig Dawson saying Barnes headed over the bar ? It hit the bar mate..alright !?

I mean you can't blame him he was playing at St Marys for West Ham so may have got some things wrong :ph34r: I did however see Michael Dawson who was watching the game get it completely wrong, the quality of reporting for sky sports has been shambolic recently.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

One of the main things people pelt Rodgers with is his management of injured players, he looks to be managing Vestergaard and Evans well and still gets moaned about?

Yeah I know what your saying but I just think it disrupted the back line unnecessarily 

2 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

I mean you can't blame him he was playing at St Marys for West Ham so may have got some things wrong :ph34r: I did however see Michael Dawson who was watching the game get it completely wrong, the quality of reporting for sky sports has been shambolic recently.

Haha 😂 must excuse me I’m at a beer festival.. you know who I meant ! 😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Yeah I know what your saying but I just think it disrupted the back line unnecessarily 

Vestergaard was absolutely knackered when he came off and also had an ice pack on his knee when he went to the bench so he still isn't 100%, it was the right decision to make

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

Beaten 1-0 by the most expensive squad/club project probably in world history and people cribbing 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Have a word 

We'll just give up then against more expensive squads. Have a word. Ffs 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd