Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 0- Man City 1 Post match thread.

20 minutes ago, Swalshed said:

Felt sorry for Castagne today. He made so many lung bursting overlap runs down the right today, only for Albrighton to fluff the pass or not pass to him at all! Frustrating to watch. Such a pity we didn't get a new RW in this summer.

I thought Marc did well. Dead on his feet by the end, a Leicester legend, and understands Vardy intuitively.

1 minute ago, foxinsox said:

I thought Marc did well. Dead on his feet by the end, a Leicester legend, and understands Vardy intuitively.

He played ok for Albrighton but not that good overall. Far too often we were let down by his lack of pace and ability to play a decent forward pass or run with the ball. He kept slowing play down and passing backwards when we had opportunities to attack. But he was ok as a Perez replacement.

• Like 1

Not a disgrace but we do need a freshen up going forward. It's just too predictable. I don't see how we keep not starting Iheanacho, who frequently is producing something when he gets on the pitch.

The main positive was Soyuncu looked back to some sort of normal, and Vestergaard had a pretty good game as well.

3 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I thought he was shocking today, kept giving the ball away - you often need a bang on Tielemans against teams like these.

Thank Christ. 

He was pants. He looks completely bemused whenever he's pressed.

You can be glad we lost by only a goal to the champions, or wonder whether we really should have done better given how average they were.

Feels like 2/3 of out midfield is too easy to negate

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Thank Christ. 

He was pants. He looks completely bemused whenever he's pressed. 

Youri was shite. Cannot handle close attention

You can be glad we lost by only a goal to the champions, or wonder whether we really should have done better given how average they were.

Feels like 2/3 of out midfield is too easy to negate

I’m sorry but this is bullshit….. are there not 9 other outfield players who can provide better support?

Youri got stuck in today, took a couple of heavy knocks doing so. As I’ve said the problem wasn’t Youri, it was Barnes and Maddison being ****ing useless, Youri’s game is all about distribution, and how can you blame him when there are others in the side who aren’t pulling their weight. Youri was good today, he was the only player wanting the ball, the only player getting on the ball regularly in tight areas, and the only player looking to force the issue, how you can criticise him is beyond me. There are 11 players on that team, one let us down badly today with a shit pass, and it wasn’t Youri. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’m sorry but this is bullshit….. are there not 9 other outfield players who can provide better support?

Youri got stuck in today, took a couple of heavy knocks doing so. As I’ve said the problem wasn’t Youri, it was Barnes and Maddison being ****ing useless, Youri’s game is all about distribution, and how can you blame him when there are others in the side who aren’t pulling their weight. Youri was good today, he was the only player wanting the ball, the only player getting on the ball regularly in tight areas, and the only player looking to force the issue, how you can criticise him is beyond me. There are 11 players on that team, one let us down badly today with a shit pass, and it wasn’t Youri. 

What did he do with it? He lost it. 

Moreover, what did he actually do in the 90 minutes, apart from look surprised when he received the the ball in a tight area, or look surprised at how tight the area was? 

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Moreovever, what did he actually do in the 90 minutes, apart from looking surprised bwhen he received the the ball in a tight area, or looking surprised at how tight the area was? 

Why should any team let alone Man. City. give Youri room to play? All teams will target him knowing he is our main creative outlet. This season will hinge on him moving off the ball into space. In other words improving his mobility is paramount. KDB always finds space and is constantly moving. 

The performance was a huge improvement over what we seen pre Int Week which was satisfying.

I thought from early on that we needed two up top and I would have brought Iheanacho on to split their defense

at the expense of Maddison who clearly isn't right.

You could argue about the selection and Tactics but you cannot argue about the commitment from the players who played.

They gave it a real go given the quality of the opposition, and there was some skillful moments from us that could have lead to a Goal on another day.

Barnes is still finding his feet after injury and Castagne considering his major injury looked very good.

Youri wasn't at his best some of his passing was slack and NDiddi saved him a few times.

Iheanacho was excellent and Lookman also looked good when he came on.

I thought the Ref favored Man City with the 50/50 decisions.

It's going to be a long season and we're not going to win every game, But with everyone fit I feel we would have won today.

Lets just forget it and move on.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Moreovever, what did he actually do in the 90 minutes, apart from looking surprised when he received the the ball in a tight area, or looking surprised at how tight the area was? 

He did what he could, he got the ball in a tight area and tried to look, for support from the width. It just wasn’t there, I don’t get what more you want him to do? Take on an entire Man City team and twat one in the top corner? 

He was showing for the ball constantly, he was  trying to make something happen when the rest of him team mates were sending still. He can’t be expected to carry a team for a full 90 minutes regularly. 

As I’ve said, there wasn’t much to moan about, we came up against a top class team, we weren’t at our best, and a mistake separated us. Youri wasn’t the worst offender out there today, Maddison was absolute dog shit……

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Did I say that? I chant, sing and try and fire the team up, but you're comment made out as if families, women, old people are not welcome at football, which is ignorant. And as I say, you mention the flag wavers singing the same crap song for 30 mins which is hardly any better. Where do you sit out of interest?

That is not at all what I am saying that they’re not welcome at football. My issue is that the club are so forward in deliberately promoting towards that certain group meaning our atmosphere suffers as a result of it. For example, rail seating should’ve been implemented a long time ago if we really did want to improve our atmosphere, however the club haven’t taken any proactive steps towards this.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He did what he could, he got the ball in a tight area and tried to look, for support from the width. It just wasn’t there, I don’t get what more you want him to do? Take on an entire Man City team and twat one in the top corner? 

He was showing for the ball constantly, he was  trying to make something happen when the rest of him team mates were sending still. He can’t be expected to carry a team for a full 90 minutes regularly. 

As I’ve said, there wasn’t much to moan about, we came up against a top class team, we weren’t at our best, and a mistake separated us. Youri wasn’t the worst offender out there today, Maddison was absolute dog shit……

"He didn't do anything, but it wasn't his fault". Why can't Maddison use that excuse? 

Honestly... taking previous results/performances out of it, purely on today, I'm struggling to see how he gets a free pass and Maddison gets another kicking. They were both substandard 

Edited by turtmcfly

6 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

That is not at all what I am saying that they’re not welcome at football. My issue is that the club are so forward in deliberately promoting towards that certain group meaning our atmosphere suffers as a result of it. For example, rail seating should’ve been implemented a long time ago if we really did want to improve our atmosphere, however the club haven’t taken any proactive steps towards this.

The atmosphere might improve if the team attacked a bit more & gave us something to get excited about. 

1 minute ago, Angus Scott said:

The atmosphere might improve if the team attacked a bit more & gave us something to get excited about. 

What? Our atmosphere has been poor even when we were challenging for top 4. It’s not a new thing. Regardless of that anyway, you think the team hasn’t give us things to get excited about over the last few years? You need to give your head a wobble mate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

I agree. The match day experience is sickeningly bad. What the **** was that monstrosity on the tannoy at full time? It seems that the club are gearing the match day experience to 5 year olds. 

To add, I could have died in the queue for a beer, I mean, how hard is it to **** up a Guinness? Yet they couldn’t…. 4 goes the bar maid needed to pour a Guinness……it’s literally the easiest beer in the world to pour……