Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 0- Man City 1 Post match thread.

I thought we played ok in patches, the passing from the back grates me, often our movement is so slow that we pass the ball sideways, then forwards then backwards.

Ndidi, Vestergaard and Bertrand stood out for me as our best players

Maddison - Rubbish again

Barnes - to hesitant with the ball and his decision making needs to improve markedly.

Albrighton worked hard but him and Perez are not the answer down that right side, it really is a problem, we need pace down that flank, we have to give Lookman or even Ricardo a go and see if it works.

Rodgers again to slow with the subs 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dayday said:

I thought we played ok in patches, the passing from the back grates me, often our movement is so slow that we pass the ball sideways, then forwards then backwards.

Ndidi, Vestergaard and Bertrand stood out for me as our best players

Maddison - Rubbish again

Barnes - to hesitant with the ball and his decision making needs to improve markedly.

Albrighton worked hard but him and Perez are not the answer down that right side, it really is a problem, we need pace down that flank, we have to give Lookman or even Ricardo a go and see if it works.

Rodgers again to slow with the subs 

The passing from the back is fine until Schmeichel gets involved.

I do wish our fans would stop bashing Barnes and Maddison. Both are coming back from bad injuries and both need fitness first. Form will follow. 

9 hours ago, Lcfc098 said:

That is not at all what I am saying that they’re not welcome at football. My issue is that the club are so forward in deliberately promoting towards that certain group meaning our atmosphere suffers as a result of it. For example, rail seating should’ve been implemented a long time ago if we really did want to improve our atmosphere, however the club haven’t taken any proactive steps towards this.

Tons of clubs are on the same boat with regards to atmosphere at home games. That's just the way it is, football now is appealing to women and kids and families and they probably aren't going to go mental or sing the while songbook, but it's like that at most clubs, i like the diversity of our fanbase now, and I'd certainly rather have that type of fan than a can weilding moron trying to start a fight 

• Like 3

Just watched the "highlights". Meh. Best chances came from direct balls, yet it seems we're still weirdly trying to play out from the back.

I dont get it, but been over it a million times. Wes Morgan will have watched those hundred blocks with a smile on his face and a tear in his eyes.

• Like 1

Just now, Steve Earle said:

The passing from the back is fine until Schmeichel gets involved.

I do wish our fans would stop bashing Barnes and Maddison. Both are coming back from bad injuries and both need fitness first. Form will follow. 

The passing from the back is going to cause us lot of problems this season, it’s fine doing it but we are not very good at it, so many misplaced passes in dangerous areas.

Also you watch us doing it closely, we barely get passed the half way line because the movement just isn’t there, players like Maddison and Albrighton are not helping because they’re just not quick enough

constantly our cbs and full backs are looking for options, about time we binned the tactic or use it sparingly 

As for the Barnes and Maddison bashing, I agree Barnes doesn’t really deserve a lot of flak because we need him and he will come good as for Maddison something is seriously wrong, he should be nowhere near the side as he is just a passenger who slows everything down.

I have this dreadful feeling that he is no longer the player he was, which is a shame as he is a very talented player.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Tons of clubs are on the same boat with regards to atmosphere at home games. That's just the way it is, football now is appealing to women and kids and families and they probably aren't going to go mental or sing the while songbook, but it's like that at most clubs, i like the diversity of our fanbase now, and I'd certainly rather have that type of fan than a can weilding moron trying to start a fight 

I had a little bit of a moan about it to the club season before last. And to be fair for a few weeks they did play some of the classic football songs with a bit of energy that get the crowd going, and I thought it made a bit of a difference. 

But in the same breath they said that they’re a family club and their aim is to encourage families to go and enjoy a suitable match day experience. Which is great, but trying to generate an atmosphere won’t descend the crowds into anarchy, which I think ultimately their fear, wouldn’t surprise me if they ban swearing before long.  

Positives for me: all the defensive blocks, Kaspar's shot stopping, Vestergard, Tielemans, Ndidi, Vardy, all the subs

Negatives: some of Kaspar's distribution, Maddison, Barnes, Albrighton, continuing selection of out of form Maddison (and Perez recently), continuing delay in getting subs on

On another day we might have nicked a draw, but can't really complain about the result.  

12 hours ago, moore_94 said:

One of the main things people pelt Rodgers with is his management of injured players, he looks to be managing Vestergaard and Evans well and still gets moaned about?

You won't win against the fickle football experts armed with hindsight in this thread mate. 

Guys clearly would've done a better job than Rodgers now they know we were beaten 1-0 :rolleyes:

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Just watched the "highlights". Meh. Best chances came from direct balls, yet it seems we're still weirdly trying to play out from the back.

I dont get it, but been over it a million times. Wes Morgan will have watched those hundred blocks with a smile on his face and a tear in his eyes.

The direct balls came after playing it around at the back to break through the Man City press. And with a little bit of luck the tactic would have worked, just like it did last season away at City

1 hour ago, dayday said:

He needs to put some weight back on, this new slim version does nothing for his style of play which was powerful runs and brushing players off him. He probably knows himself that won’t happen now which has led to being hesitant.

19 minutes ago, Adster said:

You won't win against the fickle football experts armed with hindsight in this thread mate. 

Guys clearly would've done a better job than Rodgers now they know we were beaten 1-0 :rolleyes:

There was a guy in front of me who said Daka should be brought on and was adamant Rodgers was taking the piss not doing so. 

We'd already made 3 subs. 

lol

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, eblair said:

Anyone got the Vardy offside with VAR lines

i thought was onside at the ground so think it will be tight, interesting to know if it was one of those that was affected by new var offside rules 

We don’t get to see the lines any more 

I suspect they are available to the club. 

if it was that close then MOTD would have stuck their lines on and queried it - if it was affected by the new rules then it would have been given.  Brendan talked about it being a ‘knee offside’ so maybe they had seen an image. 

• Like 1

Jesus, I've read people call the goal a mistake, Soyuncu blocks the shot and it takes a lucky bounce, hardly a bloody mistake. 

People moaning for months about BR rushing injured players back and over playing them, tries to protect Vesty and Evans get bashed for it.

31 minutes ago, filbertway said:

After playing through the press in the first place from the back. 

4 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

He needs to put some weight back on, this new slim version does nothing for his style of play which was powerful runs and brushing players off him. He probably knows himself that won’t happen now which has led to being hesitant.

When did you weigh him? 

14 minutes ago, teblin said:

I was looking at pep yesterday. Said to my old man do you think he could’ve done a better job than Brendan has here. Completely hypothetical but he’s either been at a club that already has the best players or loads of money. 

He makes good teams a bit better 

there is no evidence that he could take an average team and make them into contenders - he should challenge himself to do it but he won’t ! 

21 minutes ago, eblair said:

Anyone got the Vardy offside with VAR lines

i thought was onside at the ground so think it will be tight, interesting to know if it was one of those that was affected by new var offside rules 

no, not even seen any proper side on views. That's just as Ndidi comes into contact with the ball and his knee/should looked just off - hard to tell for sure from that angle though 

image.thumb.png.96dac5334182fe4881e5951a99399953.png

• Like 1

I'm positive after this game.  Yes we lost but we did play well, unlucky not to get a point in the end.  Minutes for Vestergaard, who looked very good, and Evans which is great news for us going forwards.  Lots of games coming up now in quick succession so those screaming out for others to play will get their wish soon enough.  We will get see how good our squad really is.