Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 0- Man City 1 Post match thread.

14 minutes ago, turlo said:

no, not even seen any proper side on views. That's just as Ndidi comes into contact with the ball and his knee/should looked just off - hard to tell for sure from that angle though 

image.thumb.png.96dac5334182fe4881e5951a99399953.png

Vardys left foot is clearly offside.

I’m with everyone else - played well and lots of positives and could have gone either way - and let’s face it when you play Man City you’re like a boxer with one tied behind your back such as disparity in finances and cheating.

Good to have first choice centre backs fit again ahead of a grueling schedule. Lots of positives.

• Like 2

It feels like heresy to criticise Schmeichel, he kept us in the game at times, but his distribution continually puts us under pressure. If Brendan wants to continue faffing around with it at the back (I assume the order comes from him), then he has to demand Kasper stays after training until he cuts out that abominably floated 'pass' to the full backs. It almost never reaches it's intended place and usually leads to an opposition attack. It's been a problem for way too long. 

Whatever it is with Maddison, it looks like he needs some time out of the starting Xl. Whether that is to fully recover from the aftermath of his injury, or just to give him a boot up the jacksie, doesn't really matter. He seems to need something. 

The annoying thing is, he spotted a couple of passes yesterday that many capable midfielders possibly wouldn't have. They didn't get to Vardy, he didn't quite hit them crisply enough, but Maddison has that vision that a lot of midfielders don't. He does look off the pace though, still.

It seems quite clear that however he does it, Rodgers has to get Iheanacho into the starting team, we looked a different team with him out there and it wasn't because Man City took their foot off the pedal, we were genuinely causing them problems.

No one wants to just accept a loss, but it was such a different loss from the West Ham debacle that it was vaguely satisfying, despite the defeat.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Atmosphere stinks of a sense of entitlement 

The KOP is well and truly dead other than those in the top corner. 

Thought it wasn't too bad in the kop until they scored. 

After that goal, when the team needed us, we went silent. 

Used to be proud of our support but not anymore. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Unlucky with their goal, couldn't have landed any kinder for Silva. 

On a plus, we actually have serious talent to bring on when chasing a game. Daka, Nacho and Lookman are all brilliant options. On another day that front 3 combined with Barnes is terrifying a defence

How about starting the serious talent so we don't have to chase games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just a really good game of football yesterday. Two goalkeepers in superb form. For all the chances created by both teams, it needed a touch of fortune for Man City and a few inches for Vardy’s disallowed goal. 

Best we’ve played this season oddly and slightly more confident of a decent season than I was during the international break 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

Just watched the "highlights". Meh. Best chances came from direct balls, yet it seems we're still weirdly trying to play out from the back.

I dont get it, but been over it a million times. Wes Morgan will have watched those hundred blocks with a smile on his face and a tear in his eyes.

Yet the football before two of those direct balls was beating the press by playing out from the back. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Just a really good game of football yesterday. Two goalkeepers in superb form. For all the chances created by both teams, it needed a touch of fortune for Man City and a few inches for Vardy’s disallowed goal. 

Best we’ve played this season oddly and slightly more confident of a decent season than I was during the international break 

Completely 100% agree - we played the league champs probably one of the best 2 or 3 sides in Europe and played them by trying to play from the back.

But for an unlucky deflection we would have got a point in a game that could have gone either way !

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yet the football before two of those direct balls was beating the press by playing out from the back. 

Just seems unnecessarily high risk to me. If you lose it, the other team will most likely have a better chance of scoring than you will from "beating the press"

5 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Tons of clubs are on the same boat with regards to atmosphere at home games. That's just the way it is, football now is appealing to women and kids and families and they probably aren't going to go mental or sing the while songbook, but it's like that at most clubs, i like the diversity of our fanbase now, and I'd certainly rather have that type of fan than a can weilding moron trying to start a fight 

I don’t understand why you automatically think that a fan who wants to improve the atmosphere goes hand in hand with a “can weilding moron” who wants to start a fight. 

• Like 3

Nine solid performances yesterday. Having Castagne back was massive, Vestergaard looks like good business and Bertrand impressed.

Ndidi also looked back to his best and Tielemans showed his excellence at times.

However, I think the issue was that Barnes and Maddison were so poor - this meant that we looked lacklustre going forward and had to sustain more pressure from Man City.

Despite this, Lookman and Kel added some needed energy. There was plenty to be positive about but I just really hope that Rodgers finds his best team in the coming weeks.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 1

Guest Col city fan
28 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Nine solid performances yesterday. Having Castagne back was massive, Vestergaard looks like good business and Bertrand impressed.

Ndidi also looked back to his best and Tielemans showed his excellence at times.

However, I think the issue was that Barnes and Maddison were so poor - this meant that we looked lacklustre going forward and had to sustain more pressure from Man City.

Despite this, Lookman and Kel added some needed energy. There was plenty to be positive about but I just really hope that Rodgers finds his best team in the coming weeks.

Barnes and Maddison need dropping imo and I’d like to see us go with two up top

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Agreed. I would like to see Kel/Lookman out wide and Daka upfront with Vardy, especially if we are playing ‘weaker sides.’

Would have opted for Kel in the number ten yesterday though.

5 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Atmosphere stinks of a sense of entitlement 

The KOP is well and truly dead other than those in the top corner. 

You mean the ones who no one else has a clue what they’re singing because they have a drum that’s louder than the ones actually singing.

Our atmosphere is ****ing dreadful.

L/K constantly bested by the away fans. Loudest song they sang the other day was 'She said no Mendy' which was funny the first time but not the 3rd or 4th.

The 'Kop' - sing 3 times in 90 minutes.

Union FS - too few in number to be heard (and I'm saying that as somebody who sits on the half way line).

Message on the tannoy telling fans to sit down.

Embarrassing. 

7 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Our atmosphere is ****ing dreadful.

L/K constantly bested by the away fans. Loudest song they sang the other day was 'She said no Mendy' which was funny the first time but not the 3rd or 4th.

The 'Kop' - sing 3 times in 90 minutes.

Union FS - too few in number to be heard (and I'm saying that as somebody who sits on the half way line).

Message on the tannoy telling fans to sit down.

Embarrassing. 

Agreed, we really seem to be getting worse every season.

We must be one of the worst home atmospheres in the league, and that's saying something

Fans of like mind really need their own end, but there's no way our club will allow it.

They want everyone sat, a stadium full of quiet families, it' just our target audience.  We're not unique in that regard (in england) it's just ours seem very pro active in achieving it.

Makes me long for the MLS where fans who want to create an atmosphere are actively encouraged to do so and supported 100% by the club, it's saying something when the USA have a better football culture than us.lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

our home support is awful. we really need to do something about it. its bloodly embarrasing. too many bloody unactive fans, and the club dont seem to care, or those in charge of the atmosphere. we ARE IN THE Europa league ffs!! were not going to be in europe forever! were not americans ffs. our away support is much better but its an embarrasment. who remebers the great escape? id kill for that atmosphere. union fs should do more about it but theyre limited. id donate without a doubt

Edited by NasPb

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Brendan needs to drop Maddison if only to show the rest of the squad that Maddison's effort is not good enough, even if he is out of form. Otherwise Brendan will be seen as a softy or showing favoritism to Maddison.

Especially Kelechi was on fire when he came on yesterday and has been anytime given a chance.

Barnes is a little different in that he was the only real option we had and only back from injury.

Now that we have Lookman things might be different. Lookman looked like he could even play in the 10 role.