Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 0- Man City 1 Post match thread.

1 hour ago, DennisNedry said:

Our atmosphere is ****ing dreadful.

L/K constantly bested by the away fans. Loudest song they sang the other day was 'She said no Mendy' which was funny the first time but not the 3rd or 4th.

The 'Kop' - sing 3 times in 90 minutes.

Union FS - too few in number to be heard (and I'm saying that as somebody who sits on the half way line).

Message on the tannoy telling fans to sit down.

Embarrassing. 

Can’t argue with a word of this. 

Guest Col city fan
5 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Can’t argue with a word of this. 

I agree

I tell you one ground that was making a bloody noise yesterday too! Selhurst Park! Bloody noisy yesterday 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

The club want to promote a family friendly environment, like I said I had a bit of a winge about it, and was told that some of my suggestions for just improving the pre match music we’re not in line with the family friendly approach the club wish to promote…. 

I mean my point was, play songs with a bit of drive, songs that people recognise and will probably get up for. The first game of the championship winning season they played Chelsea Dagger just before kick off and it was quality, everyone was in their seats early and even the Leeds fans joined in with the singing. 

Im a massive believer that music at these events can get people going, there’s plenty of songs that are high tempo, that don’t involve anything in them that could cause offence to younger ears. I don’t even think it’s that valid a reason more of a polite response from them. 

But a lot of the match day experience is crap the service in the concourse is crap, the food is crap, you’re lucky if they pour you a good pint…. And as discussed nothing really gets the fans going. They’re reliant on the team running riot on the pitch. 

Modern football has changed a lot, the style of play has an impact too as the more possession based football takes a lot of aggression out of the game, which I think means the fans aren’t feeding off the in match plays as much. Thus the need to generate an atmosphere ourselves. 

It is my only big bare with the modern game, you can go to a lot of stadiums and the atmosphere just isn’t there.

I entirely agree. But I don't think they need to be high tempo tbh. It just has to be something that most of the people know and want to sing along to. The goal is to create that sense of collective experience. Probably the most sung tune at sports games over the last few years is Sweet Carolina. The most iconic football anthem is You'll Never Walk Alone. What we need is pure cheese. 

Edited by Hoopla10

9 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

I entirely agree. But I don't think they need to be high tempo tbh. It just has to be something that most of the people know and want to sing along to. The goal is to create that sense of collective experience. Probably the most sung tune at sports games over the last few years is Sweet Carolina. The most iconic football anthem is You'll Never Walk Alone. What we need is pure cheese. 

I agree, but I’d like us to find something that identifies us. There’s got to be an old version of when you’re smiling knocking around they could put on just before the players come out? 

A bit of cheese mixed in with some banging tunes will make a difference I think…. Can people on here recall the best away day they’ve been to in terms of atmosphere? And what made it good, even if we lost, what did the home team do that created the atmosphere? 

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I agree, but I’d like us to find something that identifies us. There’s got to be an old version of when you’re smiling knocking around they could put on just before the players come out? 

A bit of cheese mixed in with some banging tunes will make a difference I think…. Can people on here recall the best away day they’ve been to in terms of atmosphere? And what made it good, even if we lost, what did the home team do that created the atmosphere? 

There is nothing that can be done with WYS that will make it in any way interesting or up-tempo. It's just a bland, rubbish song.

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I ain’t being funny but, when your smiling is one of the most depressing dirges ever. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

What about…sweet Caroline 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I mean my point was, play songs with a bit of drive, songs that people recognise and will probably get up for. The first game of the championship winning season they played Chelsea Dagger just before kick off and it was quality, everyone was in their seats early and even the Leeds joined in with the singing.

I'm sorry sir but here at Leicester City we do not condone songs that glorify knife crime.

Thank you 

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Don’t think it’s necessarily the music. It’s playing at such volume it’s effectively impossible for anyone to chant over it. The same video (as good as it is) shown every game and completely kills any natural build up of atmosphere too. 

Sometimes less is more. The club are on this side don’t have football people in charge of it. Therefore their idea of what works is completely different from most. A lot of things the club does are copied from elsewhere, no innovation or originality. 

Impossible to get any pre match atmosphere though as we're being drowned out by the deafening music, not even able to talk to anyone for a few minutes once the teams have come out as its that loud.

I don't think our style of play particularly helps when we're passing around endlessly in defence it isn't exactly building any excitement, that wasn't the case yesterday as we didn't have much of the ball but even when we went behind there wasn't any change in urgency in our play.

RE atmosphere: Agree it's quieter than its ever been, which is a shame. Sometimes I think our fans only really come alive when we're booing the opposition, or slagging off our own players when they make mistakes - we can tend towards negativity, and you don't always hear so much positive support. By us, in what remains of the family stand, there was a group of kids who kept on trying to get a chant going, but no one else would join in. 

I'm not mortified by it, and I'm sure the atmosphere will sometimes be good and sometimes bad, but it would be nice to at least have more singing, more frequently. I do think the club want to do something about it (Hence Birch's whole 'You can and you do make a difference' thing), but I think actual effort and practical solutions, from the club and fans working together, are really needed ATM. Not easy thing to fix though, and were not in any way unusual.

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Our fanbase is one of the worst in the top two divisions in my opinion, absolutely abysmal. 18 months away from football pretty much isn't long enough for us, we should all be banned for life.

I don’t get why it is so bad? It seems we don’t have many fans between 20 - 40 years old who want to get behind us. Our fan base seems to be mainly kids or old folks. Such a shame. 

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 1

Oh for goodness sake, this really sounds like a lot of old men complaining about the noise. The atmosphere appeals to younger fans and they’re the future. Our fans are brilliant by the way, but when you’re losing, you’re losing and things always go a bit quiet.

I’ve been going since 1973 and the atmosphere today is way better than then. It used to be littered with aggression, abuse and bigotry, and gates were in terminal decline. Now the place is crammed, every game, and absolutely rocking, especially if we play well, which we do far more often than before.

Some of you might wish it was still 1982 because you were younger then, but I can say with immense confidence the atmosphere was certainly not better, and I was there.

Edited by Mr Weller
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

There is nothing that can be done with WYS that will make it in any way interesting or up-tempo. It's just a bland, rubbish song.

Yeah, so rubbish it’s been covered worldwide by many famous singers over the decades. They obviously didn’t have your ear for lyrics, chord structure, musical light and shade and trying to convey an inspirational message. 
So what’s your replacement?  Perhaps “ who are ya?”

I love the story of when we started to sing it - proper fan culture. 
I get a shiver down my spine when I watch the YouTube video of us singing it at Cardiff after Vichai died.

Birmingham sing an old song, Wolves belted out an old hymn the other week and of course YNWA is an old slow song from a musical .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, old koppite said:

Yeah, so rubbish it’s been covered worldwide by many famous singers over the decades. They obviously didn’t have your ear for lyrics, chord structure, musical light and shade and trying to convey an inspirational message. 
So what’s your replacement?  Perhaps “ who are ya?”

I love the story of when we started to sing it - proper fan culture. 
I get a shiver down my spine when I watch the YouTube video of us singing it at Cardiff after Vichai died.

Birmingham sing an old song, Wolves belted out an old hymn the other week and of course YNWA is an old slow song from a musical .

I'm not stopping you singing it. It just does nothing for me 

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I'm not stopping you singing it. It just does nothing for me 

Thanks, I’ll do my best.

I’ll try to  sing anything as long as it’s not racist, homophobic, sexist or in bad taste, just to make a noise for the team. Some songs I don’t like it but still join it. 

• Like 2

Aside from the result I was really encouraged by that yesterday. Best we’ve played so far. Caused them problems, and a more up to speed Barnes would’ve likely put one of those chances away. Thought the offside was very tight but haven’t seen it back yet. Ran into a couple of Man City fans who said they were relieved to get away with a result and glad they’ve not got to come to us again this season as we gave them a really tough ride. They also thought the atmosphere was good (not that they’ve got much to compare with the Etihad 🤣). For what it’s worth I thought it was okay yesterday, certainly better than the Wolves game. If there’s ways it can be bolstered then fantastic. Couldn’t hear any announcement on standing where I was. I don’t think there’s an easy answer. Since the title win and champions league, it’s almost like we’ve reached the pinnacle of what to sing about and don’t know how to better it in the stands!! 

• Like 1

Watched an interview with Gary Neville on Sport Bible and he was very complimentary of us as states we are one of the Top 6 in his opinion.

Also asked what 3 players he would want at Manchester United, two out of three choices were Vardy & Ndidi.

Nice to hear one of the pundits crediting us so much.