Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 0- Man City 1 Post match thread.

6 hours ago, DennisNedry said:

Our atmosphere is ****ing dreadful.

L/K constantly bested by the away fans. Loudest song they sang the other day was 'She said no Mendy' which was funny the first time but not the 3rd or 4th.

The 'Kop' - sing 3 times in 90 minutes.

Union FS - too few in number to be heard (and I'm saying that as somebody who sits on the half way line).

Message on the tannoy telling fans to sit down.

Embarrassing. 

The club will not be doing anything to improve it. This is despite them being offered ways to do so.

5 hours ago, NasPb said:

our home support is awful. we really need to do something about it. its bloodly embarrasing. too many bloody unactive fans, and the club dont seem to care, or those in charge of the atmosphere. we ARE IN THE Europa league ffs!! were not going to be in europe forever! were not americans ffs. our away support is much better but its an embarrasment. who remebers the great escape? id kill for that atmosphere. union fs should do more about it but theyre limited. id donate without a doubt

Nearly 8 years in and countless attempts to work with the club to improve things.

Particularly recently the club have shown they really are not bothered in the slightest about atmosphere.

They talk a good game on it but really its lip service. Dread to think how bad it will be with that new stand too.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hamilton Fox said:

The club could do more but if you only have about 300 people out of 30000 that want to sing it doesn’t matter what they do. 

I get that to a point but what about the younger fans coming through or who are yet to come.

In recent years it is purely anecdotal but UFS is having swathes of younger guys wanting to get involved wanting to sing.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Atmosphere stinks of a sense of entitlement 

The KOP is well and truly dead other than those in the top corner. 

I think it all changed when loads of man utd and Liverpool fans etc jumped on the Leicester city bandwagon and bought season tickets in recent years. For many in the stadium Leicester is their second team.

2 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I think it all changed when loads of man utd and Liverpool fans etc jumped on the Leicester city bandwagon and bought season tickets in recent years. For many in the stadium Leicester is their second team.

This is just a myth. It the same fans who once did get behind them that are now choosing to not so.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Not true, it was difficult getting seasons tickets the season we won the league. After that nigh on impossible so this is largely the same fans who were in fine fettle the season we won it. Absolutely shocking that after nearly 18 months away we come back and aren't ripping the roof off the stadium with our volume.

We can't be arsed though, too entitled.

• Like 3

According to the official stats for this game we had one shot on target.  What game was this idiot at?  Lets disect that stat.  Barnes chance first half Ederson saved kicked in the face too.   Ndidi follow up shot, Walker cleared it was on target.  Lookman shot second half put through by Ineacho Ederson save again.  Barnes header that clipped the bar, from where I sat Ederson got his fingertips to it hence why it hit the bar, it was a great save.

Plus a disallowed goal, not counting that.

However, thats still 4 shots on target.  

Spoke to a Man City fan after the game, he was pleased they won, but said of all the teams they have faced this season we gave them the hardest game including  the Spurs one which they lost.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

According to the official stats for this game we had one shot on target.  What game was this idiot at?  Lets disect that stat.  Barnes chance first half Ederson saved kicked in the face too.   Ndidi follow up shot, Walker cleared it was on target.  Lookman shot second half put through by Ineacho Ederson save again.  Barnes header that clipped the bar, from where I sat Ederson got his fingertips to it hence why it hit the bar, it was a great save.

Spoke to a Man City fan after the game, he was pleased they won, but said of all the teams they have faced this season we gave them the hardest game including  the Spurs one which they lost.

That’s why stats mean nothing unless you see the game …..

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not true, it was difficult getting seasons tickets the season we won the league. After that nigh on impossible so this is largely the same fans who were in fine fettle the season we won it. Absolutely shocking that after nearly 18 months away we come back and aren't ripping the roof off the stadium with our volume.

...bit of a devil's advocate take here, but do you think our style of play has somewhat led to the atmosphere!!!

Before coming back up we were high tempo high line and now we play a more cultured game where teams are coached in a certain way and a chess situation has arisen between managers.

We feed off what is happening on the pitch, you only need to see what happens when Vardy clears an opponent up in a tackle, it just energises the crowd. 

I have always been amazed at the level and volume of away fans coming here and the Man. United  fans made a noise constantly through out the game. My take was that they were used to having something to celebrate  and that was why they could hold their chant through out the game.

This is something that has crept up on us while we were admiring our play and although we have competed well recently we have no real history in this bracket of elite football and until we can garner a big enough support which then caters for a tifosi then we will constantly have this discussion. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

I think the Barnes chance it was actually walker that got his boot to the ball which ederson saved so technically not a shot, blocked shots ain’t recorded as shots on target either I don’t think.

We did ok but let’s face it we we’re pretty toothless up front until Nacho came on but against a team which costs so much I can’t grumble too much.

As long as we keep building and keep challenging for the top 6 spots I’ll be happy. We can’t compete with Chelsea, Man C and Man U squads.

I am quite worried about our attacking options tho. A lot of players off the boil.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Totally agree, the atmosphere at the wolves game was absolutely shocking considering it was first full game back. Thought Saturday was a bit better but not much

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ric, I am not sure it is because fans feel entitled - I personally feel that I am not aligned.  I was disappointed to hear the leam news on Saturday - I thought it was clear that nacho must start and I expected Lookman to be in for albrighton.  (It turned out that we looked a lot better when these changes were made).  I did cheer - but I also feel frustrated that we didn't have the best team out. I would like to see daka and soumare.

I didn't boo - but I feel we are shooting ourselves in the foot. What do I know?  but it takes the edge off the volume of my support.

Edited by foxinsocks

23 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Atmosphere stinks of a sense of entitlement 

The KOP is well and truly dead other than those in the top corner. 

It really shouldn't be called The Kop. It's just a bald Family Stand.

L1 was okay to start with but then that got dull as the game went on. I even saw the bloke in front, reading the match thread lol 

The atmosphere is absolutely on the floor at the moment. Just because home fans are generally quiet in this country, it shouldn't be an excuse. 14/15 and 15/16, we got behind the team every time we went a goal behind. Now it's just flat and full of people waiting to be entertained. There are a number of variables that contribute to our fans being crap, but they're also excuses. We're literally the FA Cup holders. The team deserves better.

• Like 2

I think the fans have been beaten down by years of boring and dull football. Yeah we've had a lot of success but its rare that we've been exciting to watch.

Possession football is soul sucking in every sense of the word. Its why Man City fans are naff despite their successes, its hard to get into a game when all your team wants to do is knock it between the centre backs and full backs.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dames said:

I think the fans have been beaten down by years of boring and dull football. Yeah we've had a lot of success but its rare that we've been exciting to watch.

Possession football is soul sucking in every sense of the word. Its why Man City fans are naff despite their successes, its hard to get into a game when all your team wants to do is knock it between the centre backs and full backs.

I agree with this, I think many were trying against Wolves but watching the ball across the back line for long periods taking all intensity and momentum away kills the crowd. The few moments I remember the ground actually getting behind the team were the moments of frustration when either Wolves went close or we slowed it right down when we could have broke with paces, but these attempts were pretty short lived.

I wasn't at the City game but I imagine the most noise from our fans came at the break for the two Barnes chances and the same with Lookman when there was some actual intention to attack at pace.

There isn’t just one reason for our atmosphere.

Moving ground and splintering that part of the fanbase into three was merely the start. But really the start of the end, as it fractured the fan culture you used to have with the Kop.

Lack of casual tickets. 

Aging fan base and younger fans who haven’t experienced what I can be like very often.

Boring (but successful football).

The drum, it made people reliant on someone. Area next to the away fans is a joke now.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

How do you explain the atmosphere being at its absolute worst in the mid to late 00s the kelly, levin Holloway era? There was no man United fans on the bandwagon then! Believe me. 

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

There isn’t just one reason for our atmosphere.

Moving ground and splintering that part of the fanbase into three was merely the start. But really the start of the end, as it fractured the fan culture you used to have with the Kop.

Lack of casual tickets. 

Aging fan base and younger fans who haven’t experienced what I can be like very often.

Boring (but successful football).

The drum, it made people reliant on someone. Area next to the away fans is a joke now.

You're undoubtedly a top quality poster, Babs, but don't let it go to your head, eh?

I don't think lack of fan exposure to your personal influence is a key factor determining match atmosphere. ;)

(Yes, I know, you meant "what IT can be like"....)

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

If you can't get behind the type of football that we play at our best or sides like Man City play, then I'm just not sure if modern day football is the right sport for you to follow. 

I don't think our fans fully appreciate how impressive some of the technical and tactical parts that go into how we play these days is. You can't tell me you'd be more inclined to get behind Benitez's Everton side if they were in Leicester shirts because they get the ball into the box quicker? 

We've always been the sort of fanbase that gets behind a crunching tackle, or a bit of up and at 'em style of football. How much can you get behind people passing it between the centre backs 500 times a game, it shouldn't be an excuse. But it really doesn't help. 

7 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

If you can't get behind the type of football that we play at our best or sides like Man City play, then I'm just not sure if modern day football is the right sport for you to follow. 

I don't think our fans fully appreciate how impressive some of the technical and tactical parts that go into how we play these days is. You can't tell me you'd be more inclined to get behind Benitez's Everton side if they were in Leicester shirts because they get the ball into the box quicker? 

I think you're conflating one style of football with all of modern football which is just not correct. 

Liverpool when they won the League were also the the most enjoyable team to watch, they were relentless and ripped almost every team to shreds. Unfortunately they had their injury issues last season which naturally allowed Guardiola and Man City to suffocate their way to the title again. 

Even West Ham are more enjoyable to watch than we are and despite all our 'impressive' technical and tactical play, they absolutely stuff us each time they play us at the minute. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We've always been the sort of fanbase that gets behind a crunching tackle, or a bit of up and at 'em style of football. How much can you get behind people passing it between the centre backs 500 times a game, it shouldn't be an excuse. But it really doesn't help. 

Bang on, most of us have been used to Leicester being a bit crap and 'passion' is the one thing Leicester City teams always had. This team is wildly successful by our standards but the one thing they lack is grit when the going gets tough or teams get too physical. Fans naturally feed off what's happening on the pitch they always have and its really hard to maintain excitement and noise when there isn't much going on besides possession recycling. 

• Like 2