Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 0- Man City 1 Post match thread.

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm not sure if you've done this deliberately but this is exactly why our atmosphere is so mediocre. Because there's a few players you want to see play you're finding it difficult to sing and create an atmosphere? I'm pretty speechless.

This isn't a club who are in free fall in the shit, during a tenure where you know the manager is a dead man walking, I can understand when the atmosphere turns a little flat during the grotty years. We have just won the FA Cup on the back of 2 top 5 finishes and been kept away from our beloved club for nearly 18 months. Its staggering that some minor frustrations on team selection would impact on the atmosphere.

I understand your disappointment.   I am just being honest.  I saw the team and felt deflated. I stood and clapped the lads on... and every player.   Then I see us struggling with the usual probs and I feel deflated.   In some ways I am ashamed... but I honestly feel that this is why I  and the people around me are a bit subdued.

You asked why it is so.... the fa cup final atmosphere was great... we all believed we would win.   The home games are approached with trepidation  (... as we see unfathomable teamsheets).  Of course I want leicester to win... but subconsciously I think fans are deflated 

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

There isn’t just one reason for our atmosphere.

Moving ground and splintering that part of the fanbase into three was merely the start. But really the start of the end, as it fractured the fan culture you used to have with the Kop.

Lack of casual tickets. 

Aging fan base and younger fans who haven’t experienced what I can be like very often.

Boring (but successful football).

The drum, it made people reliant on someone. Area next to the away fans is a joke now.

Agreed. It's something I've said myself many times, but having our vocal support divided at opposite ends of the ground makes no sense at all. It's entered meme territory now, but genuinely swapping the Kop and family stand would help.

• Haha 1

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, DennisNedry said:

Agreed. It's something I've said myself many times, but having our vocal support divided at opposite ends of the ground makes no sense at all. It's entered meme territory now, but genuinely swapping the Kop and family stand would help.

I always wondered why they did that?

You’ve got the lads standing (let’s face it) next to the away corner and ‘the kop’ right down the other bloody end of the stadium! 
I’d have had the kop and the ‘standers’ (let’s face it) either side of the away lot to drown the fookers out! I assume it was considered to be ‘unsafe’ to do that?

6 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

I understand your disappointment.   I am just being honest.  I saw the team and felt deflated. I stood and clapped the lads on... and every player.   Then I see us struggling with the usual probs and I feel deflated.   In some ways I am ashamed... but I honestly feel that this is why I  and the people around me are a bit subdued.

You asked why it is so.... the fa cup final atmosphere was great... we all believed we would win.   The home games are approached with trepidation  (... as we see unfathomable teamsheets).  Of course I want leicester to win... but subconsciously I think fans are deflated 

I don't disagree, I think this is part of the reason and its scandalous. I'd argue we don't deserve what we are fortunate to have experienced in the last 6 years. Collectively we are a terrible fanbase, I'm possibly up there with the worst as well. We should have the club taken off us.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't disagree, I think this is part of the reason and its scandalous. I'd argue we don't deserve what we are fortunate to have experienced in the last 6 years. Collectively we are a terrible fanbase, I'm possibly up there with the worst as well. We should have the club taken off us.

Ric, it's like wealth.  You feel great with 50k in the bank until you find out that the guy next door has 100k.  

In absolute terms we are living in a golden age for lcfc that I never dreamed of.

You asked why fans are flat... I have tried to explain that we are now measuring ourselves against the best.   I know its mad... but that is how psychology works.  I want us to be better and not to repeat mistakes. So I feel deflated if I think we have player performing poorly... week in week out.

On the flip side while I was disappointed that we were 5th last season... I accepted that it was a great performance and a position I couldn't have dreamed of 6 years ago.  So I can be thankful.  But in tbe moment, at the kp, i can feel deflated.  Others wont write it here... but we all make a big noise when we believe we are in the right tack

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Ric, it's like wealth.  You feel great with 50k in the bank until you find out that the guy next door has 100k.  

In absolute terms we are living in a golden age for lcfc that I never dreamed of.

You asked why fans are flat... I have tried to explain that we are now measuring ourselves against the best.   I know its mad... butvthat is how psychology works.  I want us to be better and not to repeat mistakes. So I feel deflated if I think we have payer performing poorly... week in week out.

On the flip side while I was disappointed that we were 5th last season... I accepted that it was a great performance and a position I couldn't have dreamed of 6 years ago.  So I can be thankful.  But in tbe moment, at the kp, i can feel deflated.  Others wont write it here... but we all make a big noise when we believe. 

The noise was dog shit vs Wolves though, the first game of a new season after 16 months away. There was absolutely nothing to be annoyed about from the off and yet we were so anonymous. It runs deeper than team selection, I get as angry as the new person about tactics and players not playing etc but I'm not sure that makes as much of an animal instinct and reaction once the the whistle blows to start the match.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, splinterdream said:

Just read Madders was booed, anyone who booed him, you don't deserve the ticket you have. 

Sometimes I so dislike some of our fans 

self entitlement is something we hate the big six for and yet I bet they don’t boo their players v often …..

If you want to go the KP to boo our players then do us all a favour and don’t bother going - sell your ticket to a real supporter …..

41 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The noise was dog shit vs Wolves though, the first game of a new season after 16 months away. There was absolutely nothing to be annoyed about from the off and yet we were so anonymous. It runs deeper than team selection, I get as angry as the new person about tactics and players not playing etc but I'm not sure that makes as much of an animal instinct and reaction once the the whistle blows to start the match.

Yes... I think fans realised we were struggling against wolves (we were lucky to get 3 poonts).... rather than get behind the lads they sit a feel anxious.

What I've always noticed about our fans is that they were usually more vocal in games where we were underdogs. 

Saturday showed how far our levels have dropped. 

Against arguably the best club side in Europe and they did so little in trying to lift the team. 

I'm sure supporters groups are trying to convince the club of this and I really hope they're successful. 

A good mate of mine takes his kid to Palace. 

They have a low expectation level of their teams future success, but the lad loves going because of the atmosphere they generate and he always enjoys going, whatever the result. 

Would love our club to help create something for the future generations to enjoy. 

If the games bad, it should still be a fun day out for them. 

• Like 3

Exciting football helps. Possession based football that we play is so slow and lethargic it would struggle to get most fans to make noise. 

Players running at the opposition, the odd ball over the top for Vardy to chase, a good strong tackle they get the crowd going. Remember evans tackle on Kane last season or the season before when he absolutely nailed him, man and ball, heard the crowd then! 

Footballs a simple game at times

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So who at the club are stopping or not engaging with what is a good number of people wanting to improve the atmosphere? I'm sure the playing side of the club would be massively in favour of the club supporting fans in this area. 

Any news on lobbying for safe standing?

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

Yes... I think fans realised we were struggling against wolves (we were lucky to get 3 poonts).... rather than get behind the lads they sit a feel anxious.

.....the supporters feed off what is happening on the pitch!!!

If we continue to play the way we do then we are not going to change the mood of the crowd. Come Thursday night the atmosphere will be electric and it will be there for 20 minutes until we start to play a controlled game and we seek to play a possession game. We do not tend to score early and bring the supporters into it.

I think we are a get up and at them club, we are so use to being the underdogs and we love it, we may have transitioned to a more sophisticated style of play, but that is not who we are.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

Exciting football helps. Possession based football that we play is so slow and lethargic it would struggle to get most fans to make noise. 

Players running at the opposition, the odd ball over the top for Vardy to chase, a good strong tackle they get the crowd going. Remember evans tackle on Kane last season or the season before when he absolutely nailed him, man and ball, heard the crowd then! 

Footballs a simple game at times

We've played the best football in the clubs history over the last 6 or 7 years. 

And let's get doing long balls over the top for Vardy to chase. 

That should help prolong his career 😄😄

• Like 1

Just now, Hollyfox said:

Bar 15/16 we have played our most successful football but I wouldn’t call it the best in my opinion. Started with Puel and Rodgers carried it on. 

You can’t possibly tell me you enjoy us passing out from the back/watching the two centre halves play keep ball over, say, A Lloyd dyer/Barnes running at a defence. 

Or us being soft as shit when we play against a physical team like West Ham and get bullied off the park. 

11 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

.....you could say it is the best we have played, but not everyone views the way we play at the moment as what they want to see!!!

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Sometimes I so dislike some of our fans 

self entitlement is something we hate the big six for and yet I bet they don’t boo their players v often …..

If you want to go the KP to boo our players then do us all a favour and don’t bother going - sell your ticket to a real supporter …..

you know, for all we know he may have some stuff going on in his head. It's up to the manager to put out the best team, it's up to us to support them, if they're crap we're entitled to say they're crap, but to boo is just scummy

53 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....the supporters feed off what is happening on the pitch!!!

If we continue to play the way we do then we are not going to change the mood of the crowd. Come Thursday night the atmosphere will be electric and it will be there for 20 minutes until we start to play a controlled game and we seek to play a possession game. We do not tend to score early and bring the supporters into it.

I think we are a get up and at them club, we are so use to being the underdogs and we love it, we may have transitioned to a more sophisticated style of play, but that is not who we are.

We were the ‘underdogs’ against Man City and the vast majority of fans could not muster the desire to support the lads.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

We were the ‘underdogs’ against Man City and the vast majority of fans could not muster the desire to support the lads.

....did you notice how the energy changed when Nacho came on and we began to go get on the front foot!!!

The style of play is the catalyst, we are just use to trying to give the big boys a bloody nose.

• Like 1