Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 0- Man City 1 Post match thread.

Well look a better team with Ihanacho in the team shit bust. If that means Vardy has to make way then so be it.

Lookman looks very good.

We played well today when we actually started attacking them.

Albrighton looked ****ed at 60mins but played well.

Next three for us are favourable. We need a nice little run now. This season will feel very stop start based on the fixtures we have. 

New additions are looking strong. I think we’ll see some good performances this year. Duty is out on whether we’ll do something with them! 

I enjoyed that, apart from the result. I accept that Maddison is coming back from injury and is therefore a bit off the pace, so why keep 

starting him? Give him some games in Europe, where things won't be so frantic, and let him get up to speed there. Or against Millwall. We can't afford to carry him - he slows us down in attack. Could probably say the same for Barnes.

Edited by trabuch
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

Good performance generally but Maddison is killing us at the minute, so slow to release a pass whenever he gets the ball. Need a proper, long stint on the bench to show him he's not undropable. Kel needs to start every single game - he was last years top scorer and looks good whenever he gets minutes. Disgraceful that some utter muck player is getting in ahead of him at the minute.

Absolutely agree. How could we let last years’ top scorer sit on the bench? Nachos can also link up play much better than Maddison can. Why is Maddison undroppable??

• Like 2

Rodgers needs to join Southgate at substitution school. Apart from that, ok but forgottable performance and game. Lookman looked good and good to see Evans back. Few of the undroppables look like they've already played 40 games this season, time for some rotation.

We must now pray the same starting XI is not picked again for next game. 

A good performance, but I can't help but think what might have been had we not started Albrighton and Maddison. 

We needed pace on the break, Albrighton doesn't have it. Every time he got the ball, the attack broke down, bar once when he found a nice pass.

Maddison is just horrible right now and even at his best, he's a luxury player. You can't play luxury players vs. the best in the league. Every attack that went through him broke down. 

Lots of positives as well from today but those two starting annoyed me when the news broke and it played out how I expected as far as their individual performances.

• Like 3

Guest Kopfkino

Could have been a different game had we put out our most competitive team rather than the manager’s favourites. Someone needs to ask Brendan wtf Barnes and Maddison have done to warrant starting.

That three behind Vardy would struggle to muster 10 between them in the ratings. Hadn’t a hope in hell with them involved, no surprise our best moments came when they were either missed out or off the pitch. thankfully the defence and two midfielders were great and they couldn’t shoot. 

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Not sure Ihenacho can do it from the start of the match but did well in his cameo. Possibly worth starting instead of Maddison next match?

You probably missed the second half of last season. But Nacho started nearly every game and became our top scorer!

• Like 4

Lots more positives than negatives there. I hate losing but I’d rather lose a game like that then the diabolical performance at westham. 

Cags looked much better than what we’ve seen this season. Evans back, Vestergaard great performance for 60 minutes. And Lookman looked very lively. 

The only real negative would be Kaspers constant wayward passes and the fact that we didn’t capitalise when we were on top but we did just play the best team in the country. 

Bring on Napoli. 

Meh, result to be expected but atleast we made them work for it.

Thought Bertrand and Castagne were solid, Soyunchu not as bad as he has been recently but still a bomb scare.

Maddison absolutely rubbish - again. Youri was poor today I thought, just seemed to cancel out flowing attacks. 

Albrighton and Barnes looked okay.

Lookman looked really positive. He's everything we need for the right - its almost teasing!

Kasper is typical Kasper. Couple of good saves but his footwork is like Ronald Mcdonald. 

Good performance over all, I guess.

Edited by adejo92

Brendan you can't keep playing Maddison, you must see he is being carried game after game. We have been saying this for months. We should not be carrying players when we have Kel, Soumare, Daka and Lookman on the bench! Sharkey doesn't start for me or Barnes. Stop playing your favourites Brendan!

Great to see Jonny back!

• Like 1