Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 0- Man City 1 Post match thread.

48 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Yes, bit of a generalisation and not suggested as a fact either, only based on my limited observation of growing up as a football fan and no way meant as offense.

Everyone is entitled to watch the football how they want to, I think it's up to the club to make sure they have the right mix of fan.

......I am not too sure what you mean by this!!!

10 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The club is starting to reap what it has sown in terms of the "atmosphere". It's been a sustained campaign to promote a family environment and do nothing to appeal to people who may be interested in creating a bit of noise for at least half a decade now. 

As previously mentioned they aren't bothered about a genuinely loud, passionate stadium. It's just about gimmicks and quick fixes and staying "on brand". 

It'll get much worse too.

Hope these suits see the support we will face in the Europa League and somehow look at it and think we are really pushing against the wrong guys here.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

In terms of the atmosphere at the KP, I genuinely feel sorry for the younger members of FT who didn’t get to experience some of the nights we used to have at Filbert Street.

The Spion Kops were no place for ‘the family’.

Standing, singing, surging…. The kops could be absolutely rocking at times. 
Halcyon days, the like of which will never be seen again 

Edited by Col city fan

58 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

In terms of the atmosphere at the KP, I genuinely feel sorry for the younger members of FT who didn’t get to experience some of the nights we used to have at Filbert Street.

....probably a good thing as they have nothing to compare it with!!!

Supporters of a certain age know what they are missing and therefore are more frustrated with the experience they are witnessing. The tragedies that happened at Heysel and Hillsborough probably meant at the time, the move to all seating was the right way to go, and i would suspect that a lot of our fanbase still hold that ideal.

A controlled area of rails where people can stand could be an option but no one seems to be rushing to implement it here.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

The days of the inflatables😄😍

It's really what got me hooked and guess, many like me. 

I still don't see how people can be so flat, these days, seeing as we have got such a superb squad, owners and recent history. 

It's something that makes me incredibly proud and I really DO think we play attractive, entertaining football. 

It could, of course, be a bit better at times, but the game has changed to be more technical. 

Do our fans want Ricky running from the back or would they like to see someone like Tony Spearing bombing forward? 😄

22 hours ago, Col city fan said:

as a 14 year old lad, was a bit scary though, the surge when we scored was both electrifying and horrifying at the same time

On 12/09/2021 at 09:51, st albans fox said:

We don’t get to see the lines any more 

I suspect they are available to the club. 

if it was that close then MOTD would have stuck their lines on and queried it - if it was affected by the new rules then it would have been given.  Brendan talked about it being a ‘knee offside’ so maybe they had seen an image. 

I dont like they not public anymore, I did like seeing the lines been shown.