Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 0- Man City 1 Post match thread.

No shame in losing 1-0 to Man City, not vintage Leicester but best we've played this season so far. Saying that, we consistently seem to be much better against better teams than against teams we "should be beating" anyway. Couple of qualms, please drop Maddison now, a spell on the bench should sort him out. Why do commentators always speak highly of Kaspers distribution?? Chinese whispers??, it's mostly faff. The propranolol prescriptions in Leicester will be through the roof by season end with Caglar at the back..

Outshot 25-6 with 39% possession (most of that after they scored) is hardly much resistance.  You can't fault the effort and we defended well (Vestergaard was excellent) but in no way were we in their class as far as execution.  

Major problems in the final third, clearly.  Nothing from the right again, and even when we were trailing Lookman came on for Barnes on the left with Albrighton remaining - that should make it pretty clear we aren't seeing Barnes and Lookman as opposite wingers in the same lineup.  Kelechi has to start every match, period - our only real threat was after he came on.  And Maddison has delivered nothing in four matches.

I think you have to consider Lookman ahead of Barnes too at this point, as he looked much more threatening and Harvey has been almost as invisible as Maddison.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 2

Watched an NBC stream with Leon Osman as co-commentator. He's apparently another one who doesn't know how to pronounce Iheanacho's name. I mean, FFS, it's not difficult, so why to Osman, Hoddle, Savage etc persist in calling him Inni-acho!.Can't someone tell the pricks?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Never happy to lose but happy with that performance, particularly after going behind. Cags looked decent, not effected by recent poor form, so that's a plus for me. Good to see JE back too. We played some good football in patches, and we've not a decent subs bench with real options... yep, no complaints from me. You just give the ball away Man City.

Despite the result it was a much better performance. Defence looked solid and goal only came from Kasper giving the ball away. Good performances all round but Barnes and Madders are way off the pace and should be worrying about their starting places. We looked miles better when Iheanacho and Lookman came on. Really want to see either Daka or Iheanacho play alongside Vardy. 

I hope I don't sound harsh when I say Man City were mediocre and we were worse than that. On that performance I'd say without Youri we'd be a mid to bottom side. Love Albrighton and Vardy but Brendan, it's time for Leicester City to evolve, and Maddison needs some reflection time, Nacho and KDH look more than capable, and whilst we're at it, buy a right winger ffs

5 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Well look a better team with Ihanacho in the team shit bust. If that means Vardy has to make way then so be it.

Lookman looks very good.

We played well today when we actually started attacking them.

Albrighton looked ****ed at 60mins but played well.

Thought the same.....should've kept barnes on and lookman for albrighton

5 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Absolutely agree. How could we let last years’ top scorer sit on the bench? Nachos can also link up play much better than Maddison can. Why is Maddison undroppable??

Because Brendan is seemingly the only person in Leicestershire who can't see his faults. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

We need the defenders back to fitness. That should hopefully mean we free up some subs to give the attackers more of a go. Vestergaard and Evans can't complete 90 which always means a sub reducing us to two positive changes at most.

We should have a strong team whoever we put out now.

• Like 2

Stats tell you it was a fair result, performance tells you yet again we are better when denied possession. This is something that needs sorting out because we are going to have possession in a lot of matches. In truth for all the praise our midfield gets , they produce few chances.

• Like 1

Rode our luck at times, probably the right result, certainly no disgrace.

Would have liked to have seen Daka thrown on for the last 10 and gone to 3 at the back.

Would also have liked to see the lines for the offside goal, their centre back was leaning back towards his own goal and it would have been very tight.

Got to be more clinical against sides like that, chances are at a premium.

Some good individual performances though, nice to see Cags with a decent player next to him.

We move on.

Decent performance. Once Harvey starts to find his shooting boots and we bring in Nacho for Madders, we won't be far off. 

Shame Lookman isn't really a right winger because he looked good in his cameo.

Edited by Tielemans63