Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 0- Man City 1 Post match thread.

3 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Outshot 25-6 with 39% possession (most of that after they scored) is hardly much resistance.  You can't fault the effort and we defended well (Vestergaard was excellent) but in no way were we in their class as far as execution.  

Major problems in the final third, clearly.  Nothing from the right again, and even when we were trailing Lookman came on for Barnes on the left with Albrighton remaining - that should make it pretty clear we aren't seeing Barnes and Lookman as opposite wingers in the same lineup.  Kelechi has to start every match, period - our only real threat was after he came on.  And Maddison has delivered nothing in four matches.

I think you have to consider Lookman ahead of Barnes too at this point, as he looked much more threatening and Harvery has been almost as invisible as Maddison.

totally agree, i have no idea why people are saying it was a good performance, one shot on target in 90 minutes at home is not a good return for a team that has supposedly played really well, we were lucky to only lose one nil , they created so many opportunities to score more than one ; where as we created hardly anything to score one goal

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LanguedocFox said:

Watched an NBC stream with Leon Osman as co-commentator. He's apparently another one who doesn't know how to pronounce Iheanacho's name. I mean, FFS, it's not difficult, so why to Osman, Hoddle, Savage etc persist in calling him Inni-acho!.Can't someone tell the pricks?

Is that who it was? 

I'm not exactly Wordsworth myself, but his vocabulary was as obviously limited as I think I have ever heard from an adult.

We played quite well today for the most part but as others have said, Maddison needs dropping.  Whether it's because of a niggling injury or because he just plain old can't be bothered he doesn't deserve to be anywhere near our first 11.  He's been extremely poor for 6 months plus and needs binning for a few weeks.  We can't carry a grossly out of form central midfielder who play is supposed to go through anymore, just drop the bloke ffs.

Impressed with Lookman as well, he looks right up for it and has a fair bit of fight in him which we do miss. 

Still not convinced about our style of play.  Yes, we only lost one nil to Man City, but did we actually set out to win or just not get humped?  Rodgers seems to have a massive inferiority complex against the big sides.

The only time when we actually properly had a go was the last 15 minutes and we actually looked half decent.

Brendan, fooking start games like this! 

• Like 2

Thought we played fairly well. 

Im pissed off because I ****ing hate Man City, how they go about their business (constantly cheating and breaking rules) and I hate that absolute **** Guardiola.

On our part, we played fairly well, Lookman looked good from what we saw.

Didn’t think bringing Evans on was needed, thought we looked fairly solid as it was, next thing, we concede.

Daka and Soumare must be wondering what they’ve gotta do to get a kick.

Maddison can **** off. Absolute bell end.

• Like 2

Not to armchair psychologize this too much but Maddison is a new father and I'm sure it's been disruptive to his usual routine - be it sleep, or recovery or what have you. It's easy to forget these guys have lives off the pitch and that is about as large a shift as you can have as an adult. I'm hopeful he'll sort it out as time goes on, but it's hard to tell Kelechi to keep looking on from the outside in. 

Thought we played quite well especially in the early part of the second half. Man City's work rate and fitness is something else. whereas we had 4-5 players shagged going into the last 30 minutes and needed another 2 subs .

Maddison needs to be dropped, as in addition to being out of form is offering little in the way of off the ball pressing, giving Rodri a free ride in midfield today. Nacho and Lookman looked lively when they came on but should've come on 10 mins earlier.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, murphy said:

What do you do with out of form players.  Maddison and especially Barnes are star players.  Do you let them play themselves back into form or drop them?

In the case of Barnes, I'd play him.  He's a better player than Lookman and returning from serious injury.  Not sure what's going on with Maddison.

...not a problem with Barnes playing, he is one of the only player who can play in that role!!!

His substitution was strange, as Albrighton was the player to pull at that moment and apart from his header early in the second half he was not involved. It was crying out for Lookman to replace Albrighton and to maybe create space for Barnes.

Substitutions took 5 minutes longer than it should, Rodgers does this a lot and he needs to get them on to the pitch as soon as the decision to change was made.

Much better performance, feel like we are playing more as a team against one of the best teams in the world. Defence is so much more better, great performance from Vestergaad, who probably gets Motm from me.

Maddison still not with it & Brendan perhaps needs to have a re-think as something has to change. Its sad because on his day he is such a great player. 

Yet again Nacho coming on and having an instant impact, was nice from the Man City fans to clap him when he came on i thought. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Outshot 25-6 with 39% possession (most of that after they scored) is hardly much resistance.  You can't fault the effort and we defended well (Vestergaard was excellent) but in no way were we in their class as far as execution.  

Major problems in the final third, clearly.  Nothing from the right again, and even when we were trailing Lookman came on for Barnes on the left with Albrighton remaining - that should make it pretty clear we aren't seeing Barnes and Lookman as opposite wingers in the same lineup.  Kelechi has to start every match, period - our only real threat was after he came on.  And Maddison has delivered nothing in four matches.

I think you have to consider Lookman ahead of Barnes too at this point, as he looked much more threatening and Harvery has been almost as invisible as Maddison.

Just emphasis the gap between the elite billionaire clubs and the rest ( including us ) I'm afraid.

4 minutes ago, knitro said:

Not to armchair psychologize this too much but Maddison is a new father and I'm sure it's been disruptive to his usual routine - be it sleep, or recovery or what have you. It's easy to forget these guys have lives off the pitch and that is about as large a shift as you can have as an adult. I'm hopeful he'll sort it out as time goes on, but it's hard to tell Kelechi to keep looking on from the outside in. 

He might have all those issues, and if that's the case and it's affecting his performances (he was ****ing shit pre-baby by the way) then a decent coach drops him. 

• Like 1

Man City nicked this today, fouling c---.. we were unlucky

We look close to our old selves.. some really exciting moments, Vestergaard defended brilliantly, Soyuncu back with his usual swagger and solid tackles. Lookman looks special. Youri a little hot and cold. If only we could have seen Daka.

Harvey needs to take his chances or be benched; he lacks the kind of guile and tenacity that Vardy has and it means he often runs out of space and ideas.

Brendan you kind of got it wrong today.. give King Kel a start FFS and let Betrand take the corners you berk. It's flippin obvious.

Just a few notes..

Rodri you khunt. Should have been sent off. Horrible man. Touch sweet Marc again and you'll get a Rod Ri(ght up the) Igo

Bernardo you look like you are in the throws of a severe malarial fever. Like, all the time.

Gündoğan you fouling khunt, that was a peno and you look like the Soup N4zi from Seinfeld. Hands off our Seniorman you Kelvin Kline-looking mf.

Ref you look like the kind of nervous scoutmaster whosehard drive ends up in the headlines for all the wrong reasons.

Linesman you f-- t-- that was a goal by the GOAT.. why no VAR check??

Pitch: you looked great..fresh and green like the auld country..2 thumbs up

Edited by foxsake
SP

13 minutes ago, LanguedocFox said:

We were better with Iheanacho and Lookman. I hope Rodgers notices that.

Barnes had good chances. We could have won or they could have had more. Lookman was looking promising, but he did drift infield quite often.

Nacho needs to start though. Maddison had his moments but looked lightweight.

Good to have Evans back. Vestergard looks good but did have an ice pack on his right knee when applauding the crowd.

I jumped out of my seat with the Barnes header. I thought that was and should have been in!   I don't think they were that great and we did OK but I feel at our clinical best and with the front 4 nearer the top of their game, we could have won that. Frustrating to be honest but the defence, Ndidi and Youri did good. 

1 minute ago, foxsake said:

We look close to our old selves.. some really exciting moments, Vestergaard defended brilliantly, Soyuncu back with his usual swagger and solid tackles. Lookman looks special. Youri a little hot and cold. If only we could have seen Daka.

Harvey needs to take his chances or be benched; he lacks the kind of guile and tenacity that Vardy has and it means he often runs out of space and ideas.

Brendan you kind of got it wrong today.. give King Kel a start FFS and let Betrand take the corners you berk. It's flippin obvious.

Just a few notes..

Rodri you khunt. Should have been sent off. Horrible man. Touch sweet Marc again and you'll get a Rod Ri(ght up the) Igo

Bernardo you look like you are in the throws of a severe malarial fever. Like, all the time.

Gündoğan you fouling khunt, that was a peno and you look like the Soup N4zi from Seinfeld. Hands off our Seniorman you Kelvin Kline-looking mf.

Ref you look like the kind of nervous scoutmaster whosehard drive ends up in the headlines for all the wrong reasons.

Just a few notes..

So you are not bitter tehn?