Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 0- Man City 1 Post match thread.

21 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Rodgers will substitute Maddison with ......................................... Perez

TBH if he puts Maddison on as the 10, that might not be the worst thing in the world. Perez has shown time and time again that he's better in that position than a number 7. The red card aside, he hasn't been too bad this season. Sure I'd rather have Iheanacho based on current form, but Perez at worst will press the game more than Maddison, and in that position he's can play decent passes too.

I think Rodgers is in a predicament though. Deep down he knows Nacho and Vardy is the better setup, but going that way means we can't play quite the style of football he would ideally have us go for. But I feel it's costing us points, or at least today was the first time when I feel like we dropped a potential point we maybe should have got.

Castagne played well.   Barnes looking fitter.  loan promising. Iheanacho dangerous.   Ndidi immense.

Soyuncu looks more comfortable at rcb.   

Good to see Evans back.

i think Maddison is getting there.  He is still a little off the pace.  Unlike Perez, he does worry other teams.   If he avoids injury, I think we are about to see him hit form.

Albrighton looked off the pace.  Much as I like him,  Iheanacho, Ricardo or Lookman could swap in for him

23 shots against us, 6 (?) for says a lot. I don't think we should delude ourselves in that the score could have been far worse, although had we taken our chances we might have sneaked a draw. 

Rodgers is inherently conservative in selection and tactics, which is inhibiting us at the moment. He needs to be bolder in both. Hopefully he will learn from today that changes are needed, but I'm not optimistic. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, adam said:

Did OK. They missed a lot of chances. Maddison and tielemans well of the pace and Albrighton completly out of his depth against a side like that.  

Without Albrighton we would have been overrun on that side. Never stopped pressing 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Rodgers is a fanny. Too scared to play our most attacking players and we could've win THAT, Man City were far from brilliant. Sick of watching Maddison jog and give the ball away. Should've been Keli from the start. 

Get a sense of perspective mate, far superior side and opening up the game would have probably led to a heavier defeat.

• Like 2

I get the sentiment but hearing the old trope "no shame in that" after that game is a bit triggering.  A draw is the least we should have come out of with.  Only x shots, Maddison sucks, etc etc - it's all a smokescreen to distract we gifted them their goal and had 3 (at least) great chances ourselves.  Games like that are always the most frustrating for me.

11 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Rodgers is a fanny. Too scared to play our most attacking players and we could've win THAT, Man City were far from brilliant. Sick of watching Maddison jog and give the ball away. Should've been Keli from the start. 

I don’t blame Rodgers, if Barnes knew where the goal was, Man City would be chasing the game and that’s a totally different kettle of fish when you are not leading.

Team battled well, missing that bit of consistent quality in midfield and chances falling to the wrong person. 

I know most people love Barnes, but that header was an awful effort. 

• Like 1

Just now, lcfceaves said:

Watching Villa now, doing all the things we used to but haven’t for 6 months… pressing, playing quick forward thinking football - showing no fear. 

Yeh let’s copy the Villa model, you do know in the last 6 months we have won the FA Cup and Community Shield.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think we were brilliant tbh. All over the park and looked a threat against the best team at pinning you in.

Defensively we were brilliant and that’s without arguably our best back 4(Ricardo Fofana Evans Justin). Big shout out to both big vesty and Johnny - the latter really is such a underrated defender, top quality.

Ndidi is an absolute monster. To have had hun here so long is incredible. Without doubt in our top 10 greatest ever players.

The 2 biggest negatives are Barnes and Madders. Both have been absolutely awful now ever since Villa away last year. Both were then injured and have both not recovered. Barnes you’d like to think will and needs time after such a bad injury and looks like he lacks the confidence in his body - he isn’t at his raw flying best and I’m hoping it’s temporary and not a case of never getting that back.

Madders is the more confusing one. He’s 24 going on 25 now, he’s at the age where he is what he is and won’t get better. 23-27 is generally your prime so these next 1/2 years he should be peaking and it appears he’s gone backwards. His lack of pace and movement is really awful and he doesn’t create or score nearly enough And is generally a passenger when we are being pinned in. It’s a worry, maybe he just won’t ever be a player above our level. A big club is out his reach imo but we’ll see over the next year or so.

Very positive performance overall but ultimately we have nothing. Big hand next week against a very good Brighton team, that will tell us more on the season we’re going to have!

1 thing I’ll say though, I’ve heard a lot how Lookman can’t play right or he’s just a sub for Barnes etc. Both a no from me. I think he would be brilliant in a Madders Number 10 role . He has great ball control and ability but also raw pace. He would also be better at causing opposition to drop a yard deeper(Vardy and Barnes’ pace as well) which would allow us to push higher and relieve the relentless pressure off Youri and Wilf. Think it would be a great option.

Vardys form has been good so far and Nacho is extremely unlucky as he’s made a huge impact every time he’s come on, as well as the ridiculous goal scoring at the tail end last season, and that’s not even mentioning Daka! It’s going to be hard to fit them all in our style but we have good strength in depth and things look generally great for us atm.

8 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Yeh let’s copy the Villa model, you do know in the last 6 months we have won the FA Cup and Community Shield.

My god you can’t say anything in here can you, because we won something in the past 😂 

If you are enjoying the football at the minute then good for you 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, majaco said:

We lost narrowly to Manchester City.

We are the. FA Cup holders.

We are about to start a European campaign.

We have the deepest squad we have ever had.

How have some people become so entitled and negative?

Answer = Yes

1 minute ago, majaco said:

We lost narrowly to Manchester City.

We are the. FA Cup holders.

We are about to start a European campaign.

We have the deepest squad we have ever had.

How have some people become so entitled and negative?

They prob started supporting us 5 years ago. I remember when we won away away Hereford and we were buzzing with the result.