Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 0- Man City 1 Post match thread.

24 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Rodgers is a fanny. Too scared to play our most attacking players and we could've win THAT, Man City were far from brilliant. Sick of watching Maddison jog and give the ball away. Should've been Keli from the start. 

Ridiculous post.

Best win percentage of Leicester managers.  FA Cup winning manager.   Built a great squad.

2 minutes ago, majaco said:

We lost narrowly to Manchester City.

We are the. FA Cup holders.

We are about to start a European campaign.

We have the deepest squad we have ever had.

How have some people become so entitled and negative?

Death, taxes and ‘have perspective’ posts on Foxestalk.

For what it’s worth I thought this thread was quite positive and reflective of a respect for who we just played (astronomical spenders)

Just now, Raj said:

FFS...really???

Sorry I don’t enjoy boring possession football with no tempo. Not that we really even had much possession today which is always going to happen against them. 

Going back to my original point if people can see past a community shield… 🙄 is Villa are doing to Chelsea what we did so often in first 18 months under Rodgers, getting in their faces, pressing high as a team - that seems to have gone 

3 minutes ago, Raj said:

A few knee jerk reactions as usual.

Remember  who we just played.

Be realistic

This is the real post !! 
over the last 2 decades we as fans expected  to lose to the big teams like Man City Man U Chelsea Liverpool arsenal 

now we are competing and actually winning against teams like above not just rolling over and conceding the points as a given 

today was not a great result but better than getting absolutely hammered like they did to arsenal a couple of weeks ago

1 minute ago, KFS said:

Death, taxes and ‘have perspective’ posts on Foxestalk.

For what it’s worth I thought this thread was quite positive and reflective of a respect for who we just played (astronomical spenders)

Perhaps you have a point.   Doom-mongers type loudly.

Didn’t go but seems to be the same every time we play them here. Let them have the ball. Let them press the life out of us. Struggle to create because of the way we set up. 

A defeat is never easy to take but some winnable games coming up. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, adam said:

You want your winger to get by a player. He is too slow if we want to play on the break. He should of come off when we were losing 

Agree he is slow but he made a far bigger contribution today than Maddison or Barnes did. And if we went all out to equalise I’d agree but Rodgers is so cautious he wanted him on to defend I guess 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Sorry I don’t enjoy boring possession football with no tempo. Not that we really even had much possession today which is always going to happen against them. 

Going back to my original point if people can see past a community shield… 🙄 is Villa are doing to Chelsea what we did so often in first 18 months under Rodgers, getting in their faces, pressing high as a team - that seems to have gone 

Losing also 

Annoyed by that, as we've lost, but haven't actually done much wrong, and only needed a tiny bit of luck to have come out with a draw or a 1-0 win. Barnes hit the bar, offside goal looked very close, couple of point blank saves from Ederson (shame Scott Carson wasn't in instead, we might have scored a few past him, still, when your Big 6 its funny how rules about releasing players, or not starting a rival league, or FFP don't seem to apply). Likewise, a VAR official with the urge to interfere like the one at Narch last week could easily have gifted us a soft peno for that shove on Nacho in the box. Was pleased to see Vestergaard and Betrand coming into the defence, looked a lot more solid. Was impressed by the Lookman cameo, looking forward to hopefully seeing more of him and some of the other bench lads (Daka, Soumare, KDH) in midweek. Quite pleasing that we've got a starting 11 of quality players plus a bench of excellent options that we'd be happy to see playing as well.

• Like 2

This 4-2-3-1 should get the best out of Maddison and Barnes, but when they are not producing, it’s time to change it.

I think it’s about time we built this team around our best player, Tielemans. In a 2 with Ndidi he has so much running and defending to do, we don’t always see the best of him. I’d have Soumare or KDH in alongside Tielemans and Ndidi, freeing Tielemans up to have less defensive duties and to really dictate the game

• Like 4

I think we did OK, but they were the better side. I don’t think we deserved to win but no one could have argued if we had took a point. 

Bernando Silva did a superb job in the second half making sure we had no out ball out of defence to Youri. Wherever we moved it to he was there in the passing lane. 

Unfortunately without Youri in the game we’re struggling for options. 

This was a reasonable performance by us... but lacking cutting edge. 

Nacho looked combative and creative... face it, maddison was carried today.   Bredan needs to stop sacrificing points by starting him.

Lookman looks promising.

I can not think subbing vestergaard was a good idea..  and we conceded soon after.

Still no minutes for daja and soumare. 

Post match interview with stringer was crap. No questions about why subs weren't done earlier... or pressing the madfison issue. 

5 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

This 4-2-3-1 should get the best out of Maddison and Barnes, but when they are not producing, it’s time to change it.

I think it’s about time we built this team around our best player, Tielemans. In a 2 with Ndidi he has so much running and defending to do, we don’t always see the best of him. I’d have Soumare or KDH in alongside Tielemans and Ndidi, freeing Tielemans up to have less defensive duties and to really dictate the game

Its over for James Maddison 

8 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

And yet still losing…

All this forum seems to be proving is people look purely at a result as opposed to the whole spectacle. 
Don’t know why I bother coming on here to offer an opinion, not allowed one. 

Edited by lcfceaves

1 hour ago, sheffield_fox said:

Good performance. Soyuncu did well, Lookman looked very promising. Johnny Evans is back. Ndidi was Immense. Just a bit unlucky when it mattered against a very good defence. Onto the next one.

And our MOTM Vestergaard wasn’t bad either …

• Haha 1

Guest Col city fan

It looked like we played ok, and to be fair we were decent, but if you check out the stats of the game they show how dominant Man City were

This loyalty of Rodgers towards Maddison is getting on my bloody nerves now. He’s been garbage for months yet he still walks into the side

1 minute ago, phoneticerror said:

Absolutely devastated that our goal was off side. It was so close to a draw.

I might be the only one here, but is anybody else getting tired of Kelechi getting 13-14 minutes at the end of the game? Great to see Evans again, but rusty.

Man City fans drowned us out today - where was this noise at Wembley!?

Couldn’t make it today so had to find a stream. That was a big thing today all you could hear was the Man City fans, our fans were completely silent all game anyone know why they were? Such a shame.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

It looked like we played ok, and to be fair we were decent, but if you check out the stats of the game they show how dominant Man City were

This loyalty of Rodgers towards Maddison is getting on my bloody nerves now. He’s been garbage for months yet he still walks into the side

It’s weird cos he’s not even a Rodgers signing