Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 0- Man City 1 Post match thread.

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

questions i ask at this stage of the season is are we a better side than last season? sadly we aren't, we're worse and if Youri leaves i think we have a problem.

The side needed improving but we have made the squad better but not the first 11. Look miles away from how we were playing at the start of last season. 

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It looked like we played ok, and to be fair we were decent, but if you check out the stats of the game they show how dominant Man City were

This loyalty of Rodgers towards Maddison is getting on my bloody nerves now. He’s been garbage for months yet he still walks into the side

How many games do Man City not dominate? Most of their defeats still see them rack up a lot more chances and possession. Tottenham in the last few years a prime example.

You're never going to get an even game with them.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Sorry I don’t enjoy boring possession football with no tempo. Not that we really even had much possession today which is always going to happen against them. 

Going back to my original point if people can see past a community shield… 🙄 is Villa are doing to Chelsea what we did so often in first 18 months under Rodgers, getting in their faces, pressing high as a team - that seems to have gone 

13 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Losing also 

11 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

And yet still losing…

2 nil now …. but hey ho they’re in their faces ….  :)

31 minutes ago, adam said:

You want your winger to get by a player. He is too slow if we want to play on the break. He should of come off when we were losing 

....Rodgers plays Albrighton or (that chap we can't name) to block our right side!!!

We do not need creativity to do that, just the willing to work hard to press our opponents. I know Rodgers said some weeks ago that Barnes cannot do the full 90 mins. but he was not so much involved in the second half and it seems to be taking him some time to regain his match fitness. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

My god you can’t say anything in here can you, because we won something in the past 😂 

If you are enjoying the football at the minute then good for you 

Something in the past? 
You mean both in the last 10 games.

Give me strength.

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, Corky said:

How many games do Man City not dominate? Most of their defeats still see them rack up a lot more chances and possession. Tottenham in the last few years a prime example.

You're never going to get an even game with them.

Aye that’s true, I guess I’m saying it wasn’t as close as people were making out.

I also think if we HAD scored they’d of just upped another gear

23 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Sorry I don’t enjoy boring possession football with no tempo. Not that we really even had much possession today which is always going to happen against them. 

Going back to my original point if people can see past a community shield… 🙄 is Villa are doing to Chelsea what we did so often in first 18 months under Rodgers, getting in their faces, pressing high as a team - that seems to have gone 

Yep the Villa plan is going really well 😂

10 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

All this forum seems to be proving is people look purely at a result as opposed to the whole spectacle. 
Don’t know why I bother coming on here to offer an opinion, not allowed one. 

So go elsewhere and do us all a favour

3 minutes ago, adam said:

The side needed improving but we have made the squad better but not the first 11. Look miles away from how we were playing at the start of last season. 

we needed more creativity bringing in, namely a right winger to improve us. I thought Man City were average today, I know we're all leicester managers but my approach whould be a bit of rotation to make sure players don't assume their place in the starting 11, and to make sure fringe players improve, have confidence and are rewarded for efforts in training, I'm a little frustrated with our team selection atm.

10 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Absolutely devastated that our goal was off side. It was so close to a draw.

I might be the only one here, but is anybody else getting tired of Kelechi getting 13-14 minutes at the end of the game? Great to see Evans again, but rusty.

Man City fans drowned us out today - where was this noise at Wembley!?

You think that's bad, I ran off to give my traditional goal celebration kiss to the missus, didn't notice it was offside and really enjoyed the rest of the game. An excellent point for us.

About 30 seconds into the Radio Leicester post match analysis I finally clocked that we lost. I feel bereft. :ph34r:

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

This 4-2-3-1 should get the best out of Maddison and Barnes, but when they are not producing, it’s time to change it.

I think it’s about time we built this team around our best player, Tielemans. In a 2 with Ndidi he has so much running and defending to do, we don’t always see the best of him. I’d have Soumare or KDH in alongside Tielemans and Ndidi, freeing Tielemans up to have less defensive duties and to really dictate the game

Great post! And yeah you are right. 

7 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Considering Citeh are a state owned bunch of massively overpaid show ponies I think we did very well and were unlucky not to scrape a draw.

They deserved to win. Yes we should have scored but the amount of chances they had they could have been 3 up before Barnes hit the bar. We hardly got the ball off them.

1 minute ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

You think that's bad, I ran off to give my traditional goal celebration kiss to the missus, didn't notice it was offside and really enjoyed the rest of the game. An excellent point for us.

About 30 seconds into the Radio Leicester post match analysis I finally clocked that we lost. I feel bereft. :ph34r:

You could have jumped up from your seat on the front row next to the Man City fans and celebrated for about 30 seconds before realising like me. Very bloody awkward that, taking the seat of shame

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

They deserved to win. Yes we should have scored but the amount of chances they had they could have been 3 up before Barnes hit the bar. We hardly got the ball off them.

It’s a game of football where artistic flair missed chances and possession counts for nowt ..   ball in the back of the net is what counts and they only did it once ….  same us us in fact but ‘apparently’ Vards was offside ..

15 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Couldn’t make it today so had to find a stream. That was a big thing today all you could hear was the Man City fans, our fans were completely silent all game anyone know why they were? Such a shame.

I was sat directly next to them, and regretted it. Love the passion, but the jeering at us got a bit much for my young lad after the goal and he ended up getting a little emotional. But as I said earlier, he needs to develop a thicker skin if he’s gonna continue to follow this sport! I won’t be booking Block P for him again in a hurry though.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Have you been a supporter since 2016?

Also your eye rolling at the community shield, have you forgotten the elusive FA Cup that we won just a few months ago, or does that not count as it was last season?

Man. City's bench could walk Into nearly all the Premier League teams.

We bring on a lad we sined from Fulham.

Perspective....but your rights should be pressing Man.City, getting in their faces, show Pep who is Boss...and then lose 2-6!!

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

It’s a game of football where artistic flair missed chances and possession counts for nowt ..   ball in the back of the net is what counts and they only did it once ….  same us us in fact but ‘apparently’ Vards was offside ..

So we get battered every game, but only lost 1-0 and that's fine then? 

Man City had 8 shots on target, we had 1.

Just now, phoneticerror said:

I was sat directly next to them, and regretted it. Love the passion, but the jeering at us got a bit much for my young lad after the goal and he ended up getting a little emotional. But as I said earlier, he needs to develop a thicker skin if he’s gonna continue to follow this sport! I won’t be booking Block P for him again in a hurry though.

Bless, football fandom is an emotional rollercoaster, I'm sure he will get used to it. Being with your own is better I guess.