Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 0- Man City 1 Post match thread.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

So we get battered every game, but only lost 1-0 and that's fine then? 

Man City had 8 shots on target, we had 1.

Not sure what you are on about …. you said they deserved to win and I said we could have scraped a draw cus it was only one goal ..  never mentioned it being fine once ..  

1 hour ago, sdb said:

Atmosphere very poor again. We're becoming entitled without the team to match 

I was in the Family Stand. Some youth football club was a few rows behind me throwing their clappers and I got clocked pretty good. Spent the game dodging them, the little turds.

• Haha 1

Just got back.

My thoughts.

A mistake was what cost us the game, other than that the game plan was working, after watching City take apart Norwich and Arsenal so easily we had to be careful and we were keeping them at arms length and probably would have held onto get a point had Kasper not have compromised us defensively with his shoddy goal kick.

Lots of positives for me, Jannik looks solid and he made Cags somewhere near his best. The midfield were pretty good, and we were managing to be dangerous whilst keeping a good shape.

Only negatives for me were the tempo, there are moments in the game we really need to look to be quicker, I don’t like to see us ambling back into position when we have an in play goal kick situation, I want to see a wide player busting a gut to get into the final third and Kasper getting the ball up field quickly, something we did a lot of in the title winning season. Barnes doesn’t look near his levels yet, and Maddison, shock, was about as useful as a cock flavoured lollipop. 

Man City are an incredible team, and they were clearly happy with the win in the end because they haven’t had to work that hard for one for a while. 

It’s just annoying that it was ultimately a mistake which separated us, as we could have got something from that, so that is really disappointing.

I want to see more of Lookman as I think he looks lively, and I want to see Maddison given a break because he just isn’t helping us at all at the moment.

Not too angry after that, we’ve something to build on and take into future games, some good learning points to take forward.

On to Napoli. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Excluding the injured players. How long is it going to be before Brendan finds his best starting 11. Because today’s can’t be it surely!

defence is OK the midfield and forward line is completely lacking any kind of fluidity, its just not clicking at all.

Edited by whoareyaaa

25 minutes ago, adam said:

The side needed improving but we have made the squad better but not the first 11. Look miles away from how we were playing at the start of last season. 

That is not going to happen this season , every match is going to be a tough ask , even Norwich proved difficult. It won't change even with a fully fit squad because we have been worked out by the opposition. However if we compete strongly in every match we can still have a good season. We had some terrible results at home last season and that must not happen again.

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I thought he was shocking today, kept giving the ball away - you often need a bang on Tielemans against teams like these.

Typical Tielemans performance against a team dominating possession. We’ve seen it many many times.

The problem is he’s our only play-maker

8 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

He’s only 6 so I kinda get it with so many full grown men shouting over at us. My mistake for thinking he could handle it.

I took my 6 year old a few years ago v Wolves and we whipped them.

He cried everytime we scored because of the noise. I've not taken him again although hes desperate to go, so will wait for a home cup game!

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I thought he was shocking today, kept giving the ball away - you often need a bang on Tielemans against teams like these.

Very harsh, I disagree. I thought he was good today. I think the misplaced passes are more to do with our inability to move off the ball, our movement can be horribly static, and for a player like Youri that’s not good, when he receives the ball on a half turn, someone else needs to drop in for him to play a quick pass, then they offload the ball again and move on etc, etc….. for a team that likes to try and retain possession our movement is not very good. It’s what sets managers like Pep and Brendan apart, Man City’s movement is something you can coach, it does help their cause that they have millions £ of talent on the pitch to implement it, but it’s basic possession football, pass and move pass and move, yet we seem to be pretty slow at it.

There wasn’t much to grumble about today, Kasper ****ed it up by needlessly giving possession away when city were still in an attacking phase and we had our backs turned. Otherwise we did enough to get a point in my eyes. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Absolutely devastated that our goal was off side. It was so close to a draw.

I might be the only one here, but is anybody else getting tired of Kelechi getting 13-14 minutes at the end of the game? Great to see Evans again, but rusty.

Man City fans drowned us out today - where was this noise at Wembley!?

Sorry but they weren't that good. A few chants (usually the fvcking same), quiet and then a few chants again.

Not a patch on their City neighbours or even sides like Leeds.  They didn't consistently drown us out like Man Utd will.

But we'll go to their place and it'll be quiet as fvck. It's how it works. Home atmospheres around the league are not good.

Edited by Fox92

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The level of negativity is drastically disproportionate to losing one nil in a close game to the reigning champions. 

Agree with this. I though we have our all. Could’ve come away with a point, if vardy held his run for a split second we could’ve even won

14 minutes ago, Raj said:

I took my 6 year old a few years ago v Wolves and we whipped them.

He cried everytime we scored because of the noise. I've not taken him again although hes desperate to go, so will wait for a home cup game!

He’s only been going to games this season. But went Wembley, Villarreal and Wolves and has been ecstatic at all of those. Think today was a combination of first loss in person, being so close to the away block and also losing to the team he knows I dislike the most out of the Prem 😂