Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Napoli (H) pre match - 16 Sep

8 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

TANGENT ALERT!!!

Pretty sure we'll see Mendy for Millwall game. Poor bloke. The one we wanted to keep over Choudhury but had to out Choudhury in Europa spot as he's a free player sue to age rules.

Got to involve him in the shit carabao cup games surely. And wouldn't be surprised if he kept his place of we went on a good run.

I just can't see it. Why play a guy who is obviously moving on soon? Better to get Hamza more minutes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

We need to be careful, wholesale changes cold horribly backfire but we need to make enough to not keep putting the same team out week in week out. 

Napoli will leave themselves open at the back, so away from home against us could be a bit of a no mans land for them, I think we play our cards right and don’t make too many changes we could have a very productive evening. 

100% this.

Even more important to win the group this year as it allow you to by pass the round of 32, save us playing two extra games.

I think we need to beat these at home as the results between the two clubs probably decided the group. 

Rest Vardy, Maddison, give Daka and Nacho a go against these, Perez for Albrighton 

• Like 3

http://sportwitness.co.uk/napoli-trio-will-board-flight-leicester-city-uefa-managed-convince-english-authorities-let-travel/

Napoli trio ‘will board’ flight to Leicester City – UEFA ‘managed to convince’ English authorities to let them travel
By Tom Coast - 15th September 2021

With the Europa League about to start, we are once again faced with a few Covid-19 issues for travelling players.

As Leicester City prepare to face Napoli in the competition, there was a worry that three of the Italian side’s players might not be able to make the trip because of where they went to during the international break.

Those were David Ospina, Victor Osimhen and Amir Rahmani, but Gazzetta dello Sport are reporting on Wednesday that UEFA have ‘reassured’ the Serie A club that the trio ‘will board the charter flight’ that will take the team to Leicester this afternoon.

It’s explained the European footballing body ‘managed to convince the English authorities to review the provision that would have prohibited the three Napoli players from entering England’.

That’s because they all went to red countries during the international break, but ‘the swabs made by the team yesterday morning all gave negative results’.

Furthermore, when Napoli arrive to face Leicester City, they ‘will be in the bubble’ and the ‘pre-match conference will also take place on Zoom’.

On top of that, ‘the players will undergo a new test tomorrow morning, on match day’.

Therefore, it appears the three players will line up against Brendan Rodgers’ side on Thursday, meaning the defence will have to prepare for the striker’s pace and beat the Colombia international to get the ball in the back of the net.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

100% this.

Even more important to win the group this year as it allow you to by pass the round of 32, save us playing two extra games.

I think we need to beat these at home as the results between the two clubs probably decided the group. 

Rest Vardy, Maddison, give Daka and Nacho a go against these, Perez for Albrighton 

Perez for Albrighton. No way. Lookman, if anyone should replace Sharky.

• Like 2

Leicester vs Napoli Pre-Match Press Conference - Brendan Rodgers

Napoli?

"I certainly believe they are a Champions League club. They arrive in the Eurpoa League as one of the favourites. They're full of world-class players. It's such an exciting game."

Maddison without a goal or assist in 15 games?

"Every player will always go through a period, especially with the rise James has had. Injuries have held him back. I've no doubt over the course of the season he will be an important player for us. He's got a big talent. He's working hard in training. He will show his worth. I look forward to working with him. The level he has been at, you go through a period where you don't quite hit the heights. But once he gets his rhythm and we improve as a team, he will get that form back."

Format change affect plans?

"Not so much. Our idea last year was to finish top of the group and we did that. I'll always feel confident we can progress, whichever team we pick. We've brought in some players to help us with that depth and hopefully we'll see that between now and Christmas. Whichever team I put out, I hope to get a positive result."

Tielemans' contract comments?

"I saw what Youri has said and like I always get from Youri, he gave an honest answer. I have a player who is so committed, one of the best professionals I've ever worked with. Talks have been ongoing. Every day he comes in, he's a top-class professional. He's shown his importance to me. That won't change, whether he has four years or six months on a contract. It's between his representatives and the club how long he stays. He's happy. I'm delighted he's with us."

Expect Napoli to play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1?

"In a lot of the games we've watched they've played 4-3-3. He's a fantastic manager and a very experienced manager. We have to prepare for both, but I feel he will play 4-3-3."

Why Tielemans deal taking so long?

"I have no idea. I concentrate on the football and making sure he's the best player he can be. It's natural, he's a talented player who is in discussions with the club. There's no drama with it. It only becomes a problem if there is a lack of commitment or intensity, but that's never been the case with Youri. I will always give the best to his development."

Best squad you've had at Leicester?

"Hopefully. That was our idea. We've been unfortunate over the past couple of seasons. Touch wood we get the fitness and get the little bit of luck with injuries. When you have success and you win, you want to keep on winning, but that's not just about talent, it's about mentality and spirit. The last two seasons have been great, but it's a new season and a new hunger. This competition is very important and we want to go a long way in it."

Injuries?

"We're looking good on that front. It's just Wesley and James who are unavailable."

Yardstick of improvement?

"I think it's a good indication. I felt last season we had to prioritise and we suffered in this competition. There's more experience now in the squad. There's a freshness in the squad, and we have that depth. I'm looking forward to the game, with the supporters at home. It should be a great noise."

Daka?

"He's played European games so he understands the competition. As time goes with him, you'll see him become a better player when he adapts to how we work. But he's settled in very well."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Farrington fox said:

Perez for Albrighton. No way. Lookman, if anyone should replace Sharky.

Barnes will need a rest as we play Napoli, Brighton  and Millwall in 8 days.

So I see Barnes and Lookman sharing duties on the left and Albrighton and Perez on the right.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Barnes will need a rest as we play Napoli, Brighton  and Millwall in 8 days.

So I see Barnes and Lookman sharing duties on the left and Albrighton and Perez on the right.

If you look at the squad now its roughly 2 for every position . They're not all like for like but i think we'll see player's quoted stay on the left and right respectively .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Match squad named.

E_VMs4pX0A8gJHt.jpeg

Only 20 players even though I think you can name 12 subs still.

Would imagine their full strength would be something like this, assuming Insigne is fully fit:

Ospina

Di Lorenzo Manolas Koulibaly Jesus

Anguissa

Fabian Elmas

Politano Osimhen Insigne

Subs: Idasiak (GK), Boffelli (GK), Malcuit, Rrahmani, Zanoli, Zielinski, Ounas, Lozano, Petagna

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Only 20 players even though I think you can name 12 subs still.

Would imagine their full strength would be something like this, assuming Insigne is fully fit:

Ospina

Di Lorenzo Manolas Koulibaly Jesus

Anguissa

Fabian Elmas

Politano Osimhen Insigne

Subs: Idasiak (GK), Boffelli (GK), Malcuit, Rrahmani, Zanoli, Zielinski, Ounas, Lozano, Petagna

Who’s going to take a stab at which players get into our first 11 then :D 

I have no clue

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Yes. Meant Insigne. Collapsed against Juve.

Screenshot 2021-09-15 at 18.10.46.png

Only 30, wouldn’t really call him injury prone either as other than the cruciate injury he only tends to miss 1 maybe 2 games at a time, 18 games missed in the last 6 seasons

Top quality player