Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Napoli (H) pre match - 16 Sep

1 hour ago, Shit_arse said:

Car parking recommendations for tonight please x

Your welcome outside our gaff on winchester avenue or round the little park, as everyone else does. If you go further in to town, on our our side of the Narb, it is all residents parking. It's a bit of a walk but you are best set for a quick exit via J21. It gets full by about 45 before kick off, but there is always room for 'creative' parking after that. Pretty much anything goes bar totally blocking the road.

3 hours ago, NasPb said:

This is laughable mate. Our atmosphere is woeful. No one's saying top out or anything like that. Truth is the kp is a library and it's getting worse. First stage is always denial. 

Not sure how the club can be to blame really for the atmosphere? 

i agree about the atmosphere being poor but the club have done something tonight to try and improve it as i imagine it will be loud tonight for the first 5 mins or so and yes it looks quite generic but they have done something at least. It is down to the fans to make the noise after the first 5 mins. The club cannot do anything for them 90 minutes. 

If any other European club had done a full stadium tifo some of us would be saying how great it was, not slagging it off. 

Union FS are trying to help and i think its great but what have the club done to them other than stopping them use their Tifo? Probably because they have had this one planned maybe? and as i am sure the Union FS will tell you it takes a while to get these set up, ordered and in place. 

The club are not just going to rip seats out and put safe standing with the new development in mind so as i have already said it is down to the fans to sing and make the noise not the club and lets be honest no one can force the fans to do anything they dont want to. 

The painful thing really is that if the club do not want to engage with Union FS and have no interest in it or who knows don't want to be associated with them at all unfortunately there is F all they can do about it. 

Would it stop you going? Would it stop you supporting Leicester if the atmosphere was poor? course it wouldn't, i would hope. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Not sure how the club can be to blame really for the atmosphere? 

i agree about the atmosphere being poor but the club have done something tonight to try and improve it as i imagine it will be loud tonight for the first 5 mins or so and yes it looks quite generic but they have done something at least. It is down to the fans to make the noise after the first 5 mins. The club cannot do anything for them 90 minutes. 

If any other European club had done a full stadium tifo some of us would be saying how great it was, not slagging it off. 

Union FS are trying to help and i think its great but what have the club done to them other than stopping them use their Tifo? Probably because they have had this one planned maybe? and as i am sure the Union FS will tell you it takes a while to get these set up, ordered and in place. 

The club are not just going to rip seats out and put safe standing with the new development in mind so as i have already said it is down to the fans to sing and make the noise not the club and lets be honest no one can force the fans to do anything they dont want to. 

The painful thing really is that if the club do not want to engage with Union FS and have no interest in it or who knows don't want to be associated with them at all unfortunately there is F all they can do about it. 

Would it stop you going? Would it stop you supporting Leicester if the atmosphere was poor? course it wouldn't, i would hope. 

For starters, I think the very, very loud music pre-match genuinely stops an atmosphere/chanting. 

At the moment, I am literally shouting at my Dad to talk about the starting line-up its that loud. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NasPb said:

This is laughable mate. Our atmosphere is woeful. No one's saying top out or anything like that. Truth is the kp is a library and it's getting worse. First stage is always denial. 

I know it’s probably a boring debate now and some probably like using them (children) but the clappers are so fcking annoying 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

For starters, I think the very, very loud music pre-match genuinely stops an atmosphere/chanting. 

At the moment, I am literally shouting at my Dad to talk about the starting line-up its that loud. 

Could probably count on one hand the amount of times there has been of an atmosphere at a home game pre kick off but i get your point. 

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Certainly sets the mood though which in my experience is all important to creating a good atmosphere 

We can all find excuses and reasons for the lack of atmosphere, but ultimately its down to 30000k people making some noises.

I'm not convinced having no music would change a lot. 

Edited by coolhandfox

32 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I would say get there a bit earlier if you want a chat but if it's this noisy already, it'll be banging by kick off!

And you moan about atmosphere 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by gw_leics772

20 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Insigne travels with the squad, but Mertens and Lobotka miss out. The game is probably won or lost in midfield. Their first choice is still strong even without Lobotka, but they won't have so many options to freshen it up from the bench.

Be interesting to see if Zielinski or Elmas starts

Ruiz and Zielinski with Anguissa behind is a very good midfield to have to deal with - Elmas a good young player to have coming off the bench

Edited by moore_94

21 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Be interesting to see if Zielinski or Elmas starts

Ruiz and Zielinski with Anguissa behind is a very good midfield to have to deal with - Elmas a good young player to have coming off the bench

Should be Zilenski. He always seems to flop in the Euros / World Cup, but he's been one of the best midfielders in Serie A for a few seasons now. Very creative and threatening, he had 10 goals and 10 assists last season. Kind of surprised he's not been picked up by a bigger club actually.

But for as technical and creative their midfield is, I do think they miss a bit of physicality, which is why they signed Anguissa. Ndidi will be key tonight, if he can get on top of their midfield we probably win. It should be a very good game because you have two teams of similar quality and technical levels who both like to play football. Regardless of the result, I expect it to be an entertaining game as a result.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

I would say get there a bit earlier if you want a chat but if it's this noisy already, it'll be banging by kick off!

And you moan about atmosphere 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I was in the ground twenty minutes before kick off Saturday and the music was beyond belief loud. 

Would have been earlier if not for some disastrous queuing system