Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Napoli (H) pre match - 16 Sep

16 hours ago, Webbo said:

If we're taking this seriously we have to play our strongest team against these.

The problem is, what is our strongest team? I'm convinced that due to loss of form and new signings that it's most certainly not what we saw yesterday, even with Ricardo and Evans coming back in once fit.

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Play these without one of Ndidi or Youri and we are in trouble, class outfit.  

This is the issue 

we do need to beat them at home.  They don’t play again until Monday evening at udinese who have also started the season well.  I guess if they come at full strength then we can’t afford to make too many changes. However, the following are not much of a difference 

Thomas  for Bertrand 

Ricky for timmy

then you have options 

amartey for cags

evans/vesty have a half each 

Danny for kasper 

midfield pairing of bouba/KDH for wilf/YT 

ayo for marc

lookman for Barnes 

kel for madders 

patson for vards 

imo, you could change the whole side and not be that much worse off.  We have five subs if we need to bring players like youri, wilf, harvey on 

we look so strong squad wise but some of those players I listed are not match sharp 

excited to see what we do and how we look. and hopefully the starting players at brighton won’t have any fitness hangovers 

2 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

That's probably our strongest team.

If we are going to make top 4 that would.be the team to challenge for it.

No it isnt.  Vardy is better than Daka at the moment.  Proven premier league goalscorer on form with experience.  Daka is promising and has ripped up the Austrian league.  Hopefully he can do the same here.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The problem is, what is our strongest team? I'm convinced that due to loss of form and new signings that it's most certainly not what we saw yesterday, even with Ricardo and Evans coming back in once fit.

Yep we definitely don’t know what our strongest team is and neither will Brendan. But in some ways it’s irrelevant because we are about to play 7 games in 23 days! Players will have to be rotated, more injuries will be picked up, etc. 

At around 10 league games in it will be interesting to asses how the squad has performed and at that stage we might be able to answer who our best XI is and our best formation. Likely some players will over perform and some will under perform. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

I’d like to see

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Soyuncu

Vestergaard

Thomas

Ndidi

Soumare

Lookman

Iheanacho

Barnes

Daka

Please be this. It gives us a chance to rotate the players who have played the most minutes and also allows the likes of Nacho to show why he should be starting ahead of Madders. 

17 hours ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

I’d like to see

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Soyuncu

Vestergaard

Thomas

Ndidi

Soumare

Lookman

Iheanacho

Barnes

Daka

Perez will play this one I expect, given he is unavailable in the league and works hard defensively. It’ll be Perez right and Barnes/Lookman left I reckon. 

33 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Come on mate, we have no idea if Daka is any good, no why you can claim he is in our strongest side over Vardy. 

Well tbh I was going to put Ihanacho there instead of Daka.

To be honest Ihanacho is the best striker we have at the club. Most in form striker at the club. Everytime he comes on now he changes the game.

Vardy is brilliant but is he the same player 2 or 3 years prior? Definitely not he is still a game winner thou.

I think Vardy should only play 1 every 2 games know so it allows Ihanacho in. If I was Ihanacho I'd honestly be asking for a transfer request very soon if he doesn't start playing regularly because he has earned it alot more than 3 or 4 others Vardy being included.

• Haha 1

I’d like us to be semi strong for this with a little rotation for the Brighton match.

Ward

Ricardo Soyuncu Evans Castagne

Tielemans Soumare

Perez           Iheanacho    Lookman

Daka

KDH to play against Brighton, think that match suits him better.

It’s 5 subs in Europe right? Can see Evans doing an hour similar to Vestegaard yesterday.

I don't see him making many changes for this, but with 5 subs hopefully he's got a plan to really take it to them in the final stages of the game.

My team would be:

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Vestergaard

Soyuncu

Bertrand

Ndidi

Tielemans

Lookman

Iheanacho

Barnes

Vardy

• Like 1

Ward

Ricardo

Amartay

Evans

Soyuncu

Thomas

Soumare

Dewsbury Hall

Iheanacho

Lookman

Daka

5 2 3

Barnes & Maddison still don’t look 100% fit, Tielemans looked tired in the 2nd half and Vardy was a bit mardy on Saturday, I can see half of this line up playing against Brighton… 

17 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Napoli beat Juventus 2-1, top of the table with 3 wins in 3

I don't think they will rotate much against us (unless they have to with those red list players/injuries) as they have Udinese next weekend which is a much easier game for them to rotate in (unless Spalletti isn't bothered about Europa)

Going to be a very difficult game

Traditionally Italian clubs don’t really give a fcuk about the EL but given this game probably shapes the group, I can see them going full strength 

Simply have to play a very strong side here. They are a top team and will be very hard to beat. Personally think they will top the group easily and we and the others will be fighting for the other places.

Perez will be back for certain. Very happy with a draw especially considering how few goals we seem capable of scoring this season.