Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Napoli (H) pre match - 16 Sep

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The issue is mate, is Brendan's preferred XI actually our best XI? Debatable, a few changes might be what we need to get back to top 6 form, seen this happen from us in Europe/cups before.

That’s an issue I agree, a different issue afaic.  But no, I don’t think his best XI is our best XI.  Nevertheless, there are certain players who do crossover to both and who he chooses to sit will be very interesting to see.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

Full strength where possible for Thursday with a couple of changes, its still early in the season and if we can nick a win or draw then we can rotate a little more in the other 2 games:

Kasper

Ricky P

Cags

Vesty

Thomas

Wilf

Soumare

Youri

Perez

Vardy

Barnes

Youri + Mark looked KO'd during the Man city game, but i'd start Youri and bring him off after 60 mins if possible.

• Like 1

Think we'll play our strongest team. I know there's some squad players in need of a game and they'll likely play against the weaker sides in the group but we'll probably take Napoli seriously. 

Might be some rotation of the guys that aren't 100% fit depending on how they're all feeling come Thursday, clearly the likes of Barnes are still playing catch up. 

The people hoping or expecting Daka starts are probably going to be disappointed. Can see him making his full debut against Millwall and then probably Legia. 

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I think Brendan will play Perez in this.

I think this too. Think it'll be clear indicator of what Rodgers thinks Perez role is now that Lookman is here. If he still sees him as a key starter then he's going to make sure, at very least, he keeps up his match fitness during his suspension. 

Kasper 

Thomas 

Evans 

Amartey 

Castagne 

Ndidi 

Soumare 

Lookman 

Kelechi 

Perez 

Daka 

Brighton away 

Kasper 

Bertrand

Soyuncu

Vestergaard

Ricardo 

Ndidi 

Tielemans 

Maddison 

Barnes 

Vardy 

Albrighton

Kasper

Castagne

Soyuncu

Vestegaard

Bertrand

Ricardo

Soumare

Ndidi

Lookman

Nacho

Daka

Vardy and Youri rested, Madders and Barnes dropped. We have a squad strong enough now that the likes of Barnes and Madders need to be on their toes, both returning from injury so won't hurt them see someone start in their place. 

2 hours ago, Dandy king said:

Kasper 

Ricky 

Evans ( if fit enough )

Vesterguard 

Bertrand 

Youri 

Ndidi 

Lookman 

Nacho 

Barnes 

Vardy  

Solid defence and lots of attacking threat 

...not familiar with Napoli's playing style but if this game is viewed as perhaps the deciding game, would it not be better to play with a deep block and counter!!!

We are still light in the midfield department with Ndidi and Youri and I would rather have numbers in there than for them to play right through us. We can play with a back 5 and one striker up front and if we have to, bring off Barnes for Lookman after 70 minutes as per the norm.

Sharing the points would not be a bad thing and we set up the same again in the return fixture. If we can avoid defeat in both then we can win the group on goals scored, so long as we better their results against the rest. These competitions do come down to strategies as well as the quality you put out there on the park.