Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Napoli (H) pre match - 16 Sep

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Think we'll play our strongest team. I know there's some squad players in need of a game and they'll likely play against the weaker sides in the group but we'll probably take Napoli seriously. 

Might be some rotation of the guys that aren't 100% fit depending on how they're all feeling come Thursday, clearly the likes of Barnes are still playing catch up. 

The people hoping or expecting Daka starts are probably going to be disappointed. Can see him making his full debut against Millwall and then probably Legia. 

.....just trying to remember if Vardy has a good record in Europe!!!

Remember him scoring in the group stage to get us through on top, the first leg against Sevilla (Champions League), but cannot recall anything else. Daka would be the one to bring in as he must be buzzing to play in a game like this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....just trying to remember if Vardy has a good record in Europe!!!

Remember him scoring in the group stage to get us through on top, the first leg against Sevilla (Champions League), but cannot recall anything else. Daka would be the one to bring in as he must be buzzing to play in a game like this.

13 appearances 4 goals. 2 in Champions League, 2 in Europa League.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

Thomas and Perez in your starting 11? You feeling okay mate? 😂😂

To me that’s a competitive team that also enables us to rest a few for Brighton.

we can’t put out our best team twice in 3 days especially this early in the season. 

We need to put out a strong team for this one and make use of our 5 subs to save some legs for Sunday imo 

Hoping for some rest and rotation and 5 subs in Europe is key to give everyone some minutes. Will still have KDH, Youri, Vards, Maddison, Barnes to make an impact, and Evans for Vestergaard again to ease them both back in 

vs. Napoli 

Schmeichel 

Castagne - Söyüncü - Vestergaard - Bertrand 

Ndidi - Soumaré 

Perez  -  Iheanacho  -  Lookman 

Daka 

vs. Brighton 

Schmeichel  

Ricardo - Evans - Vestergaard - Thomas 

Ndidi - Tielemans 

Albrighton  -  Maddison  -  Barnes 

Vardy

• Like 3

We need to make changes to freshen up, but equally can't afford to because we are playing Napoli.

I'd probably compromise and just make 2 or 3. Kel for Maddsion, Lookman for Barnes and Ricardo for Albrighton. Try and freshen up the three behind Vardy and hope they do a better job than the out of form players they are replacing.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Ricey said:

We need to make changes to freshen up, but equally can't afford to because we are playing Napoli.

I'd probably compromise and just make 2 or 3. Kel for Maddsion, Lookman for Barnes and Ricardo for Albrighton. Try and freshen up the three behind Vardy and hope they do a better job than the out of form players they are replacing.

About right.

Depend if he wants Vardy for Brighton. 

2 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

Kasper

Castagne   Vestegaard  Soyuncu

Ricardo            Ndidi                     Bertrand

Tielemans     Soumare

Iheanacho      Daka

Yes like it, maybe have Castagne as left wing back and Bertrand as part of the back 3. Timmy got a better engine, up and down

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I have yet to see a team without Wilf in it. We are going to have to do that soon as we need a plan for the Afcon disruption.

Be a lot easier to try in the other games we have coming up, Napoli certainly not a team we should be dropping Wilf for and experimenting against

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...not familiar with Napoli's playing style but if this game is viewed as perhaps the deciding game, would it not be better to play with a deep block and counter!!!

We are still light in the midfield department with Ndidi and Youri and I would rather have numbers in there than for them to play right through us. We can play with a back 5 and one striker up front and if we have to, bring off Barnes for Lookman after 70 minutes as per the norm.

Sharing the points would not be a bad thing and we set up the same again in the return fixture. If we can avoid defeat in both then we can win the group on goals scored, so long as we better their results against the rest. These competitions do come down to strategies as well as the quality you put out there on the park.

Not familiar with napolis playing style but sit back ? Sounds like you have as much idea as me. We're at home, let's get after them 

We worked hard to get into Europe and the Europa League is possibly our best chance of a(nother) trophy this season, so I want to see our best team out there against Napoli, whatever that might be.

Unlike last season, this group is almost Champions League quality. If we want to win it (and get a bye to the last 16), we can’t muck about - especially on Matchday 1.