Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Napoli (H) pre match - 16 Sep

15 minutes ago, dorsetboy said:

id like to see this 

----------------------kasper---------------------------

castangne-----vestergaard--soyenchu---thomas

---------------soumare-------ndidi------------------

ricky p---------------maddison--------lookman

----------------------daka------------------------------

Maddison needs time in the reserves 

1 hour ago, Dandy king said:

Not familiar with napolis playing style but sit back ? Sounds like you have as much idea as me. We're at home, let's get after them 

...I think we will struggle with a  high level team that comes at us, and we attempt to match them!!!

A team as technical as Napoli could pass around us, playing on the counter is a better option in that respect. If they try to sit and set traps for us it is important we do not over commit and then they take the game away from us. We struggle to break teams down who sit deep, and so long as we do not lose this tie I will be happy.

9 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I think we will struggle with a  high level team that comes at us, and we attempt to match them!!!

A team as technical as Napoli could pass around us, playing on the counter is a better option in that respect. If they try to sit and set traps for us it is important we do not over commit and then they take the game away from us. We struggle to break teams down who sit deep, and so long as we do not lose this tie I will be happy.

There’s no way we are going to (or should) be sitting back at home against Napoli and relying on a counter-attacking strategy. Napoli is good, but not a great team.

2 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

There’s no way we are going to (or should) be sitting back at home against Napoli and relying on a counter-attacking strategy. Napoli is good, but not a great team.

Napoli will suit us. They won't frustrate us like a Wolves or West Ham and counter. They will look to play and we will have space. We thrive in those games. Fans behind the team, they will take the game to them.

7 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...not familiar with Napoli's playing style but if this game is viewed as perhaps the deciding game, would it not be better to play with a deep block and counter!!!

We are still light in the midfield department with Ndidi and Youri and I would rather have numbers in there than for them to play right through us. We can play with a back 5 and one striker up front and if we have to, bring off Barnes for Lookman after 70 minutes as per the norm.

Sharing the points would not be a bad thing and we set up the same again in the return fixture. If we can avoid defeat in both then we can win the group on goals scored, so long as we better their results against the rest. These competitions do come down to strategies as well as the quality you put out there on the park.

Sorry, but we should aiming to beat Napoli at home (even if we lose the away tie). They are not great.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

fivethirtyeight rank them 15th in the world, and the favorites to win the EL.

1202224808_538ELSep-13-21.thumb.JPG.72ae64b623420fe984064336a33811c9.JPG

15 minutes ago, KingsX said:

fivethirtyeight rank them 15th in the world, and the favorites to win the EL.

1202224808_538ELSep-13-21.thumb.JPG.72ae64b623420fe984064336a33811c9.JPG

Again, they’re good team.
Just not a great team (despite the subjective rankings), the sort of which we should be playing defensively at home and relying on counter-attacks.

8 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

Kasper

Castagne   Vestegaard  Soyuncu

Ricardo            Ndidi                     Bertrand

Tielemans     Soumare

Iheanacho      Daka

This is also the sort of line up, we could/should have played with against Man City by the way. The 4231 we keep using, is just shoehorning our most poorly performing players Maddison/Perez and to a much much lesser extent Barnes, or is forcing us to field a player in Albrighton, who wouldn't make the 25 man squad of any of the top 4 in this league, or even Spurs/Arsenal. 

We were looking at Gosens, before we chucked away Top 4, so I had expected Rodgers to go with a back 3 more often again this season.

Just like Gosens, it's also what Castagne is far more used to with Atalanta and Belgium. We're just not fluid at all in our 4231/433. It's far too predictable, and in all 4 of our games this season we've played exactly the same way.

Clough always said "Players win you games, not tactics", which I agree with.....

So it may seem a contradiction that I'm making such a deal about systems.....

But can anybody seriously tell me, they believe Albrighton should be on the pitch ahead of Iheanacho/Soumare/Daka etc?

Kasper

Ricardo            Ndidi                     Bertrand

Tielemans     Soumare

Iheanacho      Daka

I think you can play with the above, allowing us to have both 3 in midfield, and 2 up front.

Kasper

Ricardo   Tielemans    Soumare    Bertrand

Maddison

Iheanacho         Daka

There's also the potential to drop Ndidi, for games against sides where we need a more progressive player in there.

We're going to have to field Perez/Albrighton in the RW slot, all season, so why are people desperate to stick with a 433/4231?

Maddison is the only 10 we have in the squad too....And his form is horrific.

So without 2 decent right wingers, and no competition for Maddison, the system is just too reliant on Barnes to make something happen.

Kasper

Fofana     Evans    Justin

Ricardo             Ndidi                New LWB

Tielemans     Soumare

Iheanacho      Daka

I look at the above, and for me, that's our best way to play with the squad we have and is what I'd be looking to build on.

It allows Ndidi to play in his best position, without anyone next to him, gives us 3 in midfield and 2 up front. 

• Like 1