Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Fofana reveals his dream is to play for Real Madrid

6 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

why is this crap spread around? First Youre' with Liverpool and now Barca. I'm pretty sure all players dream of playing some place other than where they are currently at. So what? We are not naive as a club. As long as players give it their all while they are here is all we ask for. Why doesnt anyone report on players playing for lower level clubs who would dream of playing for Leicester one day lol?

Its quite simple...

In my day....One had 1-2 Local papers, then the nationals, when interested...No other Media outlet..Maybe 10-12 low- interested journalists

Today..........Wann-be sport-Youtubers, every sport TV- Media W.Wide,ready accessable. 100,000 Really interested journalist, unwilliing to keep to the truth.

More ready to create a thought & then use that has a Base for months,to create half-truths..Asian/Africans Love to speculate on Euro football..

European-fans just easy naive- punters for any sort of click-bait...

Create a non-based rumour, a Journalist or Media outlets, have a Full years story....AND basically lie, by using the old adheges ....

A spokesman, an agent, a coach, a friend/brother,somebody...had said this or that ....!!!!

A Player or manager, can deny what-ever stories, & statements will be delibrately mistrused,& turned to meet the agenda...I

And the gullable reciever, is so Trust worthy, he/end will also be ready & wiling to use non-stories, for their own SM agendas....

We live in a Soap-opera world....Or there are many like mmyself , who just ignore the crap & noise...

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

It's probably only Schmeichel, Albrighton and Vardy in the current squad who 'want' to play for Leicester. It's just the reality of the situation. It's not something that needs to be problematised 

It possible to want to play for Leicester and to want play for someone else too at the same time.

I'm sure many of us want to be with our wives/girlfriends but also want Scarlett Johansson

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, shailen said:

Let's be honest, not many foreign players have dreamt of playing for Leicester, but that doesn't mean they want to leave, even if that club does come calling. It's currently a dangerous time for anyone to move to Real or Barca imo, as both those clubs haven't got the right infrastructure in place and the demands are enormous. It could be career suicide for anyone wanting to move to those clubs at the moment. 

Why would he or any player have an affiliation or loyalty to a club ?, it's a profession and maybe difficult to understand from a supporters viewpoint .

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

It possible to want to play for Leicester and to want play for someone else too at the same time.

I'm sure many of us want to be with our wives/girlfriends but also want Scarlett Johansson

No I want my wife....

through my whole life, I Wanted at the time the reality...my then girlfriend........

or sister...:banana:

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Its quite simple...

In my day....One had 1-2 Local papers, then the nationals, when interested...No other Media outlet..Maybe 10-12 low- interested journalists

Today..........Wann-be sport-Youtubers, every sport TV- Media W.Wide,ready accessable. 100,000 Really interested journalist, unwilliing to keep to the truth.

More ready to create a thought & then use that has a Base for months,to create half-truths..Asian/Africans Love to speculate on Euro football..

European-fans just easy naive- punters for any sort of click-bait...

Create a non-based rumour, a Journalist or Media outlets, have a Full years story....AND basically lie, by using the old adheges ....

A spokesman, an agent, a coach, a friend/brother,somebody...had said this or that ....!!!!

A Player or manager, can deny what-ever stories, & statements will be delibrately mistrused,& turned to meet the agenda...I

And the gullable reciever, is so Trust worthy, he/end will also be ready & wiling to use non-stories, for their own SM agendas....

We live in a Soap-opera world....Or there are many like mmyself , who just ignore the crap & noise...

Calm down mate it's not that deep.

1 hour ago, jerry said:

Why would he or any player have an affiliation or loyalty to a club ?, it's a profession and maybe difficult to understand from a supporters viewpoint .

Yes exactly, we help those players careers as much as they help us. What I would say is two or three years ago we were an obvious stepping stone club to the big four, but I wouldn't say that is the case anymore. We compete with those clubs and it's now a bigger risk for players to leave us for one of those clubs without the guarantee of first team football. Look at Chilwell for example. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd argue KDH for certain is in absolute dreamland here, Thomas and Barnes too.

Even so, a lot of players separate their fandom from their careers. It's easy to be a one club man when your club is Manchester United in the 90s, Barcelona in the 00s, etc. 

Look at Lineker. Massively passionate fan of the club, loves the city, born and raised here, huge ties to the community. Still got out of dodge to go play for bigger clubs to advance his career. 

If Man City made Barnes, Thomas or Dewsbury Hall their main target, Pep phoned them up to say he was keen to work with them and win trophies with them, they'd probably be off. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

It's probably only Schmeichel, Albrighton and Vardy in the current squad who 'want' to play for Leicester. It's just the reality of the situation. It's not something that needs to be problematised 

If United offered Kasper a crack at their number 1 shirt he’d probably want to go 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

If/when Fofana moves onto another club, I'd far sooner he went to a European club (or further afield) than to one of the EPL competition, even if they be big beasts like Chelsea or the Mancs pair. Take the money, but make sure he's not making another EPL team even better.

Unfortunately, Madrid are skint and the Premier League is where the money is. 

On one hand, it sucks that it means the future is mostly watching our best and favourite players moving to rivals that we hate because foreign clubs can't afford to buy our players. 

On the other, it probably means keeping more of our best and favourite players because very few foreign clubs can afford to buy them or pay the wages they want and there's a finite number of positions at the small number of clubs that are bigger than us in our own league. 

Edited by Finnegan

Makes me laugh this place - If another player from another club comes out and says “it’s my dream to play for Leicester” then it’s amazing. Other way wrong and it’s world war 3. 

You don’t sign a 19 year old for nearly £40m and expect him to stay here for his whole career. 

27 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Unfortunately, Madrid are skint and the Premier League is where the money is. 

On one hand, it sucks that it means the future is mostly watching our best and favourite players moving to rivals that we hate because foreign clubs can't afford to buy our players. 

On the other, it probably means keeping more of our best and favourite players because very few foreign clubs can afford to buy them or pay the wages they want and there's a finite number of positions at the small number of clubs that are bigger than us in our own league. 

People say this, yet they have just bought Camavinga, and are bidding quite a substantial sum for MBappe. 

Being the top earning club world wide for many years means a year or two dip in earnings with covid, can be addressed via loans and clearout of existing stars eg Varane, Ramos etc.

You may be right in that Madrid rarely spend big on defenders. Fofana may be an exception. Would be a shame to let him go to Manchester though.

5 hours ago, shailen said:

Let's be honest, not many foreign players have dreamt of playing for Leicester, but that doesn't mean they want to leave, even if that club does come calling. It's currently a dangerous time for anyone to move to Real or Barca imo, as both those clubs haven't got the right infrastructure in place and the demands are enormous. It could be career suicide for anyone wanting to move to those clubs at the moment. 

Let's be honest. No one outside of Leicester /shire/parts of Northants dreams of playing for City. 

• Haha 1