Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Fofana reveals his dream is to play for Real Madrid

8 minutes ago, Bert said:

Makes me laugh this place - If another player from another club comes out and says “it’s my dream to play for Leicester” then it’s amazing. Other way wrong and it’s world war 3. 

You don’t sign a 19 year old for nearly £40m and expect him to stay here for his whole career. 

We are a well run club , with quality players and these days successful .We have a highly rated manager and top class facilities. What we are not is sexy, never have been and barring a seismic change , never will be. Certain players are always looking for that and some prefer the sound and sensible. I had concerns about Fofana when he dyed his hair. However he has played very well for us and as long as he does that we should have no complaints.

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We are a well run club , with quality players and these days successful .We have a highly rated manager and top class facilities. What we are not is sexy, never have been and barring a seismic change , never will be. Certain players are always looking for that and some prefer the sound and sensible. I had concerns about Fofana when he dyed his hair. However he has played very well for us and as long as he does that we should have no complaints.

....having picked him up, you have got to be looking at two or three seasons before he moves on!!!

No one expecting him to be here long term and if he continues to improve when he comes back then we get the best of both worlds. I would say the majority would gladly see him go abroad as opposed to Man. United or Man. City (now that would be a cause for anguish).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Hope he comes back even stronger, funny that in his absence his perceived value to the side has grown massively whereas before his inexperience and sometimes  rash playing style led to question marks over his inclusion even.

7 hours ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

Calm down mate it's not that deep.

I Dont Need to calm, down....I am old enough to take it in my stride,

and accept the ways of the world....I

A Poster asks  Why....I answer calmly,softly,politey.....Doctors have said I am One of the few, who needs a snickers...

HAVE YOU UNDERSTOOD YOU CARROT....!!!  :mad:...:protest:..........I am always a very Relaxed peaceful man....it is just Everybody Hates me....:@....:crylaugh:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Haha 1

Can't blame little Wes for aiming for the top ahead of time.

I swear Robbie Keane was a massive fan of every club that he signed for but only riiiiiiight after he signed the contract.

He was the football equivalent of a band saying the crowd for the city they'd just played in was the best they'd ever seen.

On 13/09/2021 at 07:51, drumbeat said:

You mean he doesn't want to stay at Leicester for the rest of his days? Shock horror.

i don’t think that’s the problem here- him wanting to move on at some stage, the problem is that he would very openly and brazenly come out and say it whilst under contract - and not to a friend or agent but in front of a tv camera. It’s a little bit disrespectful to say the least.

There's nothing wrong with this at all. Most kids particularly from the continent would have the same dream. Ronaldo left Man utd for Real, Bale left Spurs etc. To achieve his dream he will have to do so well with us that he becomes one of the best Centre backs in the world for Real to come knocking. They will pay plenty if he's doing that well with us. I would be more concerned about someone saying their dream is just to play for us as it's hard to stay motivated for long once you've achieved your dream for the majority. 

On 13/09/2021 at 20:14, fuchsntf said:

I Dont Need to calm, down....I am old enough to take it in my stride,

and accept the ways of the world....I

A Poster asks  Why....I answer calmly,softly,politey.....Doctors have said I am One of the few, who needs a snickers...

HAVE YOU UNDERSTOOD YOU CARROT....!!!  :mad:...:protest:..........I am always a very Relaxed peaceful man....it is just Everybody Hates me....:@....:crylaugh:

Good stuff, you made me laugh ... I don't hate you. 

2 hours ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

Paid €35m value in that rubbish is €40m 🤣🤣🤣🤣 

they obviously don’t follow the premier league 

With six months left on his contract we’d take €40m …….

but we won’t make that mistake …….. surely ………

Edited by st albans fox

On 13/09/2021 at 12:26, Bert said:

Makes me laugh this place - If another player from another club comes out and says “it’s my dream to play for Leicester” then it’s amazing. Other way wrong and it’s world war 3. 

You don’t sign a 19 year old for nearly £40m and expect him to stay here for his whole career. 

What you can expect is a certain level of diplomatic silence.

Fofana's career is being fostered by City. He could have gone elsewhere or have spent another season where he was, but he elected to come here. Isn't there some sense of restraint expected from players who've chosen to play for our team - out of consideration for those people, especially kids, for whom Leicester City is the be-all and end-all of football?

Sometimes it feels like all those realists reminding us of the transitory nature of player/manager loyalty and the second-tier position of City in the Pantheon are stilling their own disappointment in declaring the dreamers need to wake up and/or toughen up. But we got where we are today by someone deciding to make City their personal project.

I don't want to hear about Fofana's dreams unless they involve what he dreams of doing for LCFC.

Edited by gerblod
Need for emphasis within point.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1