Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Fofana reveals his dream is to play for Real Madrid

10 minutes ago, gerblod said:

What you can expect is a certain level of diplomatic silence.

Fofana's career is being fostered by City. He could have gone elsewhere or have spent another season where he was, but he elected to come here. Isn't there some sense of restraint expected from players who've chosen to play for our team - out of consideration for those people, especially kids, for whom Leicester City is the be-all and end-all of football?

Sometimes it feels like all those realists reminding us of the transitory nature of player/manager loyalty and the second-tier position of City in the Pantheon are stilling their own disappointment in declaring the dreamers need to wake up and/or toughen up. But we got where we are today by someone deciding to make City their personal project.

I don't want to hear about Fofana's dreams unless they involve what he dreams of doing for LCFC.

What like Tielemans who has said what he’s said and Rodgers has praised him for it?

Fofana hasn’t come out and said “I want to leave Leicester and don’t want to play for them anymore” Just that he had a dream to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world. 

It’s painstakingly obvious he’s going to move on to a bigger club, no point in beating around the bush. 

5 hours ago, Bert said:

What like Tielemans who has said what he’s said and Rodgers has praised him for it?

Fofana hasn’t come out and said “I want to leave Leicester and don’t want to play for them anymore” Just that he had a dream to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world. 

It’s painstakingly obvious he’s going to move on to a bigger club, no point in beating around the bush. 

no one is doubting that and neither do they have a problem with it. 

the problem is that when he’s employed by us he is talking about dreaming playing for another club. He can dream about it all he likes but to come out and say it on camera?

it’s a little bit  disrespectful/ naive.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, MPH said:

the problem is that when he’s employed by us he is talking about dreaming playing for another club. He can dream about it all he likes but to come out and say it on camera?

Who to? I prefer people to tell the truth rather than lie or avoid questions. 

31 minutes ago, MPH said:

It’s only disrespectful if you take it that way. The lad wants to go to the very top of the sport, he thinks he is capable. He also thinks we are the perfect platform to get there. I’d say it’s quite flattering.

On 15/09/2021 at 11:27, MPH said:

i don’t think that’s the problem here- him wanting to move on at some stage, the problem is that he would very openly and brazenly come out and say it whilst under contract - and not to a friend or agent but in front of a tv camera. It’s a little bit disrespectful to say the least.

Did you say the same when he's was playing games with Saint-Etienne and trying to force his move to us?

20 minutes ago, Strokes said:

It’s only disrespectful if you take it that way. The lad wants to go to the very top of the sport, he thinks he is capable. He also thinks we are the perfect platform to get there. I’d say it’s quite flattering.

flattering him saying his heart is somewhere else?

1 hour ago, MPH said:

I would say more naive than disrespectful 

47 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Did you say the same when he's was playing games with Saint-Etienne and trying to force his move to us?

People are very quick to forget these situations. I mentioned it before. He’s a hero for wanting to leave to come here but not when it’s the other way round. Can’t have it both ways. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Good, his going to play the same game us.

It's just how it is.

And when he’s at Madrid he’ll be like

” I always dreamt of being a Lorry driver, it’s me dream” and Madrid will be so upset!

Just watched the interview in which he said it, and it is a brilliant interview. It was a very honest, and at times emotional, interview and Wesley was being open about many subjects. It was one of those interviews where both interviewer and interviewee play a part in making it so damned good. It was like a conversation between mates more than an interview. The whole air of if was honest and open, nothing guarded.

Asked about his dream clubs, straight out of the box, no hesitation, the answer was OM. It's his home club, boyhood club, he was a fan there, on the terraces singing. So his emotional favourite. Then pushed further on 'dream club', he responded after reflection with Real Madrid. I won't say he just named a big club for the sake of it, he obviously has something for them, but as Sergio Ramos is one of his favourite players (or one that inspires him) I suspect that influences him a deal.  So the 'Real Madrid' answer was very much a matter of him be asked to think along the lines of where his professional dreams might take him. There was no disrespect to anyone in his answer. 

Wesley comes across as a brilliant bloke with an amazingly positive attitude. He seems always to be laughing and smiling. He's ambitious, is aware of where he wants to go and what he needs to do to get there,  but he'll do it all with a smile on his face and no malice to anyone. Neither does he hold malice and he's moved on from the tackle, has accepted the apology given and sees it as part of the game. He wants to get back to playing asap. His own estimate of recovery was 3 to 5 months.    

Some other snippets (of Leicester interest); Papy Mendy helped him hugely when he arrived (as did Kolo Toure) and Wesley rates Papy as one of the nicest guys he's ever met. Evans learnt some words of French to help Wes out in his defensive duties. He rates Sadio Mane and Harry Kane as the most difficult strikers he's faced (Kane because, and I paraphrase, he drifts about and will just appear) Oh, and Wes had his card refused when shopping in Birmingham.  lol

Seriously, a well cool interview.

Edit: and I think he said he drives a Merc G63, I think that's what he said he bought with his first pay packet! I'm no petrol head, so know little about cars, but I'm pretty sure that's what he said.

Edited by drumbeat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Bert said:

Your second para is unnecessary. You're belabouring a point that doesn't need repeating.

Pretty much the same for the third para as well.

I understand he and several others will leave in due course. It just doesn't sit easy with me that he's talking about his future elsewhere when he's hardly been here five minutes. I never did 'get'  the transitory loyalties of football.

My own personal opinion is that clubs should at least take players on that will show passion and commitment to the club and fans alike. Anything else on top of that is a bonus. Somebody posted quoting me about dimi recently and this puts players into some basic context. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/09/2021 at 19:39, UHDrive said:

My own personal opinion is that clubs should at least take players on that will show passion and commitment to the club and fans alike. Anything else on top of that is a bonus. Somebody posted quoting me about dimi recently and this puts players into some basic context. 

So, like a FoxesTalk All Stars?  :D

Fecks sake, don`t put @Ric Flair on the wing.....

• Haha 4